Love sports and are looking for a way to give back in the community... KGLRA is always looking for volunteer coaches to lead our young athletes.
If you are interested in coaching any of our young teams, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact information, and the appropriate sport coordinator will be in touch.
Once selected, all coaches are required to complete a background check and 3 online classes (less than 1 hour) through the city of Virginia Beach.
KGLRA is always looking for mature, responsible young adults to serve as gym supervisors.
- Ensure the gym is safe for practice.
- Check the gym and rest rooms before teams arrive. Document any problems.
- Sweep the gym floor before and after practices... Ensuring gym is cleaner than when you arrived.
- Remain visible and available to help coaches at all times.
- Ensure no one leaves the vicinity of the gym or rest rooms. No one is allowed in other areas of the school.
- For basketball, ensure the rims are set to the appropriate height for the arriving team.
- For volleyball, assist the coaches in setting up the net.
Pay is $8/hour... Paid at the end of the season. Or if preferred, the KGLRA is a 501 3(c) and volunteer hours may be earned instead of money.
If interested, please e-mail email@example.com, and the in-season sport coordinator will contact with you with details.