**********FROM THE DESK OF THE PREZ**********
As we head into the 2013 season, TGSL will be implimenting team responsibilities. We look forward to your help and cooperation this season.
The League would like ALL parents to understand concession stand responsibilities. NEW THIS YEAR! ** The entire team is responsible for fulfilling their obligations from set-up to break-down. Two or three representatives from your team must be at the stand by 5:15 in order to prepare/heat food for the 6:00 opening. Your team can organize coverage for your assigned night in any manner you choose. The most important thing is that the coverage occurs. The concession stand MUST be open by 5:45 p.m. or games will not start and your NEXT GAME WILL BE FORFIETED.
A schedule is posted in the league book. It is each parent’s/coach’s/team parent’s responsibility to know which night it is assigned to work the concessions stand. A League Representative will arrive with the pretzels at 5:15. The Rep will open the door, drop off the pretzels and familiarize you with the opening procedures. Once again it is your team’s responsibility to set up the entire stand and have the hot food ready by 6:00.
Your team is also responsible for all cleanup procedures. There will be a checklist in the stand as a reminder to restock drinks, clean the hot dog roller, and basically organize the stand the way it was found at opening. The League representative is not responsible for cleanup. League Reps volunteer their concession duties on a nightly basis every week. We are simply asking your team to assist only once or twice an entire season.
Please have two people count the money and place it in an envelope which is to be given to the Rep at the end of the night.
If you have not already dropped off drink donations please do so on the next maintenance day Saturday April 6th from 10:00 – 1:00. ABSOLUTELY NO DRINK DONATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED OPENING DAY.
UMPIRES – JUNIOR 1 AND JUNIOR 2 DIVISIONS
The team parent will make an umpire schedule based on your home games. The names will be randomly assigned. It is the parent’s/family’s responsibility to either fill the position or have a substitute fill the position. This part of the game is not an option. We have time limits for games this year so please be prepared to begin at 6:00 p.m. Any questions or comments should not be directed to the Team Parent. Instead please contact your division Commissioner.
Home Team – Prepares field for play, game ball and supplies the plate umpire.
Away Team - Rake the field at the end of the game and empty the trash can at your field. Please carry trash to the dumpster in the parking lot.
Please report any signs of landscapers dumping in our fields. Do not approach these people. However, please obtain any information you can. i.e. pictures, license plates, etc.
Thank you all for being a part of such a successful softball organization. We appreciate everything you do. Remember we are all volunteers, pick up trash, help your coaches, we are here for the girls!
Talleyville Girls Softball
We are working hard to make sure we maintain our good relationship with the surrounding community. Make sure you respect the following rules when driving to the Old Mill Complex.
• PLEASE do not park on the street for any game or practice unless necessary. Treat the surrounding neighborhoods as if they were your own. Opening Day and the All-Star event will be parking challenges as usual, but we will have people on hand to help you fit into the property. You can help by carpooling to the events.
• PLEASE fill up the parking lot first. If you are forced to park in the grass, please park perpendicular to the street, in the grass.
• PLEASE do not speed through the neighborhood on your way to practices or games. No injury is worth a couple of minutes
saved in the car. Obey all traffic laws at all times.
• PLEASE be careful on the curve from Old Mill Lane to Timber Lane.
• PLEASE pick up all of your trash and throw it away in the receptacles provided. On your way through the facility, pick up any trash you see laying around. We do not want trash to be blowing around the fields and onto neighbor’s yards. If you see anyone not obeying these requests or being disrespectful, feel free to report them to me at 302-593-3761.
I am looking forward to our fifth season at Old Mill and Opening Day on April 14th. Enjoy your time at Old Mill…home of the Talleyville Girls Softball League and Thank You for all of your support. PLAY BALL!!!!!!