Registration for the Fall 2017 season is now closed. Thank you to all the young ladies who registered for the upcoming season.
$225 for the fall season
- Girls entering 3rd-6th grade
- Completed registration form with parent/guardian signature
- Participant must wear swimsuit to registration to be fitted for uniform
- Attend Saturday pre-season day camps in July and August
- Practices 2 nights per week and game performances on Saturdays (~ 4-6 hrs/week).
- Practice times/days/locations are TBD by coaches. They start the week following the second camp and are 1.25 hours.
- Practices are held outdoors.
- Performances in the fall are at Founders Park, Field #5 (behind Wylie Football Stadium)
- March together as a team in local parades
- End-of-season showcase for parents, family, and friends
Returning 6th graders are able to audition for an officer position.
A dancer is able to serve as an officer if she meets ALL of the following requirements:
- Entering the 6th grade in the upcoming school year.
- A member of Wylie Drill Team for one previous season.
- Learn an audition routine provided by WDT AND attend a rehearsal on either May 17 or 18.
- Audition for a panel of judges on Saturday, May 20. Arrive at 2:00 pm; auditions begin at 2:30 pm. Judges’ decisions are final.
- Answer brief verbal questions for the judges at your audition to demonstrate leadership.
- Attend a mandatory officers’ camp on Saturday, June 17.
- Make Wylie Drill Team your number one priority extracurricular activity (outside of family and church). Officers commit to attend all practices, parades, other special events, additional practice for specialty dances, etc.