An Explanation of Participation Fees
True, a large portion of this cost is funded through solicitation of team sponsors, outfield advertising and some reimbursement by the City of Pascagoula. However, most civic and sports organizations are finding it extremely difficult to obtain funding from traditional sources during the current economic times, and espescially since the devestation wraught by Hurricane Katrina. Pascagoula Girls Softball is not immune from this trend.
Still, Pascagoula Girls Softball strives to provide an affordable sporting activity to the girls of our community and offers a season of inter-league play for $60 per participant. If broken down over 20 games and 20 practices, the cost is less than $2 per event. Not bad, considering a movie costs $7.50 these days.
Sisters participating in the league have fallen under the so-called "Family Discount" policy, set by the Board of Directors of the league. Under this policy, the first registered player pays $60 for registration. A second sister, who lives at the same address can register for only $40, when registering on the same date and time as the first registered sister. Third or additional sisters registering on the same date and time can register at $20 each. No other youth sports league in the area offers that kind of discount!
To be considered a sister for the purpose of this discount, the following MUST apply:
1. Players must share a biological parent as listed on a certified birth certificate.
1. Players must share a biological/adoptive parent as listed on a certified birth certificate and legal adoption papers.
1. Players must share the same legal guardian as listed on a legal court order as proven by certified court copy and/or certified birth certificate.
1. In the instance of step-sisters, players must share same married parents as listed on a certified birth certificate and executed marriage license.
2. Players MUST live at the same address. (Subject to verification.)
No other familial arrangements qualify for the Family Discount. Any players who are discovered to have registered under false pretense will be suspended from play without reimbursement of registration fees.
Sisters not registering on the same date at the same time are required each to pay the $60 registration fee, even if the above sister considerations apply.
So, register early, register together, and make sure that you have the proper proof if registering under the Family Discount policy.