Guidelines for selecting
S.C.O.R.E. Game Players
These are guidelines to help you select players to send to the Diocese Soccer League S.C.O.R.E. games the weekend of the Playoffs. There are JV boys and JV girls games as well as Varsity boys and Varsity girls games.
1. Choose two boys and two girls from each team
2. Make your choice mid way into the season and have the names to Theresa Cartier by the deadline. Registration form is on the DSL website www.leaguelineup.com/dsl. One form for each player attending
3. Please check with the player’s parents to make sure the player can attend the game before telling the players who the choices are.
4. If possible, have both grades represented (i.e. 7th and 8th grade, 5th and 6th grade)
5. Players should have a medium to high level of soccer playing skills
6. Players should be a TEAM player
7. Players should be at all the games and practices (unless excused absence)
8. Players should put their school team FIRST above any AAU, Travel or Cup teams, baseball team, etc.
9. Players should have a Christian attitude
10.Players should always exhibit good sportsmanship, i.e., doesn’t talk back to referees, coaches, other team members, opposing team members, etc.
11.Players should represent their school, their parents and their team with respect, dignity and a positive attitude, i.e., no foul language; no off color jokes, language or behavior; good sportsmanship, etc.
12.If possible, please try not to send the same players every season.