Coaches must reserve practice time on the Field Use Calendar
. Unless explicitly reserved, all fields are first-come first-serve.
EHS Varsity field is restricted to Senior Babe Ruth & American Legion
EHS JV field is reserved for Babe Ruth 14/15 use.
CMS field is reserved for Babe Ruth 13yo use.
Brentwood field is available for all Babe Ruth use.
We are all responsible for the proper care of our fields. Have the kids participate in their care. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
- Treat the fields with care. We are guests. We may use any field equipment at the fields, such as L screens and hitting mats. The screens have been hand built and repaired so use care when handling them.
- When taking batting practice on the grass, use the hitting and pitching mats.
- Store all screens and mats next to the woods. Do not just leave in on the grass as it causes the grass to die. We have been placing the mats on the legs of the big square screen. This keeps the screen from falling down, which would, over time, cause it to break.
- ALWAYS rake home plate, the pitcher’s mound and around the bases after every game or practice. This reduces puddling in the event of rain. This is a good job to give the kids or a parent, however show them how to do it.
- ALWAYS rake pitcher’s mound up toward the pitchers plate. Do NOT rake down toward the infield.
- ALWAYS rake base paths in the direction of the base path. Do NOT rake base paths toward the grass. This causes the base path to cup.
- Do NOT push water or mud onto the grass. This is the number one complaint of the school.
- Use quick dry sparingly.
- ALWAYS have players pick up trash after practices/games.