1. Car Body: Any brand pinewood derby kit OK. You can make your own, the body can be made of any material.
2. Weight: Maximum weight limit is 6 ounces. The official race scale shall be considered final.
3. Wheels: Any pinewood derby wheel OK, or make your own, no metal wheels please or any other material that would damage track or other cars. The wheels may be modified in any way, drill, cut, shave, thin or round etc. NO BUSHINGS, WASHERS OR BEARINGS ALLOWED, (exception see rule #11).
4. Lubrication: Dry type lubricant only, i.e. graphite, molybdenum, Teflon etc. as long as it is a dry powdered type.
5. Axle location: Wheel base and tracking may be modified. Be careful not to exceed the 7” inch maximum overall length or the 2-3/4”over all width.
6. Length: Over-all length not to exceed 7 inches. Wheels can extend past the nose or the tail as long as the car does not exceed the 7” inch maximum length.
7. Width: Overall width shall not exceed 2-3/4”, including wheels.
8. No loose material of any kind such as lead shot, mercury etc. may be used.
9. The car must be free wheeling, no starting devices, magnets or propulsion devices.
10. Track clearance: The car must maintain 3/8” clearance from the bottom of the car to the track surface. The 3/8 “ clearance must be maintained throughout the entire race heat.
11. Suspension: Suspension systems may be used. Springs, washers, bearings and bushings may be used in the suspension system only, they shall not be used with or in contact with the wheels in any way. The race official ruling on suspensions shall be final.
12. Axles: Any pinewood derby axle may be used or make your own. Modify axles as you wish. Remember No bushings, bearings or washers
13. All four wheels do not need to touch track, three wheelers OK.
14. Wheel hub caps OK. Any decoration applied to car needs to be attached in a way that will not fall off or interfere with other cars while racing. Re-attaching weights or decorations will not be allowed to be re-attached once racing has started.