Many responsibilities exist beyond the normal team level commitments that make the All Star Youth Sports NFL Flag Football program function smoothly. Parents are what make the program a quality experience for all our children. ASYS can only be as good as we, the parents, make it! Following are some important volunteer areas that are required during the season.
· Special Events Coordination
· Team Mom/ team communication emails
· Trash clean up after games and practice
Parent support during both games and practices is critically important to the success of the league. Be supportive of the team by ensuring your child attends each practice on-time. Be a positive role models during games, whether you are the head coach, an assistant coach, or simply a spectator.
Finally, please keep the following in mind:
· Always be positive and enthusiastic.
· Show your child positive reinforcement.
· Observe practices and games to learn proper techniques to practice with your child.
· Encourage your child toward skill improvement and good sportsmanship in every game.
· Teach your child to always play by the rules.
· Teach your child that hard work and an honest effort are often more important than a victory.
· Applaud good plays by your team and by members of the oppossing team!
· Let the coaches do the coaching.
· Let an official be an official (no arguing the call)
The Role of the Parent
Parents play a very important role in helping to shape a positive experience for players, coaches, officials, and other parents! To help you understand the key role parents play in ASYS NFL Flag Football.
Each parent should join in the total effort. There is a place and a task to do for all. The burden of operating the League should not fall on a few. “The parent who shirks this responsibility cannot, in turn, expect others to assume the burden."
If you have concerns about anything regarding your team or the league, first talk to your Head Coach. If your concern is not resolved, then contact a League Director. 970-232-8652