Code of Conduct
CLAREMONT LITTLE LEAGUE
CODE OF CONDUCT
The Claremont American Little League Constitution Article II, states, the objective of the Local League shall be to implant firmly in the youth of the community the ideals of fair play,honesty, loyalty, courage and respect for authority, so that they may become stronger and happier and will grow to be decent, healthy and trustworthy citizens.
In order to enable our Little League to achieve these goals, managers, coaches, players and parents are expected to lead by example and share a great deal of the responsibility by demonstrating their behavior, sportsmanship and fair play, in a positive manner. Therefore, the Board of Directors of Claremont American Little League has mandated the following Code of Conduct. All managers, coaches, parents and players will read this Code of Conduct and sign in the space provided below acknowledging that he or she understands and agrees to comply with the Code of Conduct. Any spectator invited as a guest to watch a Little League game will also be expected to adhere to these guidelines.
Code of Conduct:
No Board Member, Manager, Coach, Player or Spectator shall:
· Challenge an umpire’s authority. The umpires shall have the authority and discretionduring a game to penalize the offender with consequences up to and including removal from the game.
· At any time, touch or threaten to touch an official in any manner.
· Verbally or physically insult or abuse any official, board member, manager, coach, player or spectator. This includes speaking disrespectfully to any of the aforementioned.
· Exhibit an objectionable demonstration of dissent at an official’s decision with any unsportsmanlike behavior including but not limited to throwing gloves, helmets, hats, bats, or balls.
· Use unnecessarily rough tactics in the play of a game against an opposing player.
· Use profane, obscene or vulgar language in any manner at any time.
· Smoke while in the stands or on the playing field or in any dugout at any time. Smoking will only be permitted in designated areas 20 feet from any spectator stands or dugouts.
· Appear intoxicated on the field of play, stands, or anywhere on the Claremont Little League complex at any time. Intoxicated is defined as having an odor or behavior associated with excessive alcohol consumption.
· Discuss publicly during a game, any play, decision or a personal opinion of a player in a derogatory or abusive manner.
· Tamper or manipulate any league rosters, schedules, official score books, rankings, financial records or procedures, draft positions or draft selections.
All Board Members, Managers, Coaches, Players and Spectators shall:
· Park in the College Park parking lots. If those lots are full, please park in the Metro Link parking lot north of College Park. Please try NOT to park on the surrounding neighborhood streets.
· Please refrain from warm-ups in the "greenbelt" area of College Park (located south of the fields), leaving this area available for neighborhood activities. There will especially be NO batting in this area.
· NOT allow any play, by any child, in or around any of College Park's parking lots.
The first infractions of the Claremont Little League Code of Conduct by an individual will be referred to the League Representative. All subsequent infractions of the Code by that individual will be referred to the Grievance Committee of the Claremont Little League Board of Directors. The Committee will discuss the offense and determine the disciplinary action to be imposed on the offender, up to and including expulsion from the league. The Board of Directors will act on the recommendation of the Grievance Committee.
I have read and understood the Code of Conduct as mandated by the Claremont American Little
League Board of Directors:
Player’s Signature Date
Parent/Guardian’s Signature Date
Manager’s Signature Date
Code of Conduct Information
Are you all behaving yourselves? We hope so! IT IS IMPORTANT to remember, we need to lead by example!
we would be grateful if you would remember that
(a) the game is for the kids and that
(b) this is a family friendly environment.
Claremont Little League has a Code of Conduct that sets out our aims and goals for appropriate behavior. The Code also specifies prohibited behavior, and applies to all coaches, managers, players and spectators. Please remember, the very best way to teach the kids is by our own examples. The entire Code is linked under Headlines, on the top right of this webpage. Let's remember that among our priorities, everyone should be treated with respect and dignity at the fields.
||CLAREMONT LITTLE LEAGUE