Provincial Government/Sport NL Scholarship Awards
The SportNL Scholarship, Team Gushue Award, Elite Athlete Assistance and the Premier’s Athletic Awards application is now available. These awards are part of the Athletic Excellence Fund- a program which provides financial support for provincial athletes, coaches and officials.
There is a fillable form available on the SportNL website: http://www.sportnl.ca/funding/. Please complete the form and return to Baseball NL (email@example.com). The deadline to apply is January 29, 2016.
Any questions or concerns regarding the SportNL Scholarship program can be directed to Alicia Curran: firstname.lastname@example.org or 579-5977.
Questions regarding the Team Gushue Award, Elite Athlete Assistance and the Premier’s Athletic Awards may be directed to Dave Feener: email@example.com or 729-6291
Premier’s Athletic Awards
The Premier’s Athletic Awards is a program designed to recognize athletic excellence of the province’s athletes. Financial support is provided to selected athletes to help with costs incurred through training and competition. Athletes must be currently training and competing in the sport indicated with the intention to continue training upon receipt of their award.
Team Gushue Award
Presented annually during the Premier’s Athletic Awards reception, the Team Gushue Award recognizes academic and athletic excellence. The award was established in 2007 in recognition of Team Gushue’s gold medal victory at the 2006 Winter Olympic Games. The award is presented to one male and one female athlete who are currently attending or planning to attend a recognized post-secondary institution and have competed in a national or international level sporting competition in their last competitive season.
Elite Athlete Assistance Program
The Elite Athlete Assistance Program provides support to high performance provincial athletes that have been selected for a national team. Financial support is provided to select athletes to support the costs incurred through training and competition and must be used for this purpose only.
Sport Newfoundland and Labrador Scholarships/Bursaries
Funded by Sport Newfoundland and Labrador, the purpose of this program is to provide financial assistance to qualifying amateur athletes, coaches and or officials to help offset the costs of training and competition.
- Athletes applying for more than one program should only complete and submit ONE application.
- Completed and signed applications are to be forwarded to BNL on or before January 29, 2016
- Applications for coach education and certification are NOT funded through this program. Please visit www.coachingnl.ca for more information on funding opportunities in this area.
- Applicants must be a current member and in good standing with BNL.
- Athletes may receive funding from more than one program (Premier’s Athletic Awards, Elite Athlete Assistance, Team Gushue Award or the Sport NL Athletic Scholarship/ Bursary); however, athletes will only receive a Premier’s Athletic Award OR Elite Athlete Assistance, not both.
- Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.