The 2014-2015 Teachers Survey
The primary focus of Winterball is to introduce to children the fundamentals of baseball in a fun manner that is non-competitive and that provides a positive learning experience for all involved. Designed for students in aged 6-12, Winterball progresses through activities set out in nine different lesson plans, taught in three sets to ensure students learn at an appropriate skill and ability level. All students following the teacher's lesson plans detailed in the Winterball program will exhibit proficiency in movement skills while gaining social skills by working and getting along with others.
1. To promote an active and healthy lifestyle to children while encouraging them to participate in sport.
2. Help increase participation in baseball locally, provincially and nationally by introducing the sport in a fun and exciting program.
3. To teach the fundamentals of baseball while promoting a safe and non-competitive environment that provides children with a fun sport experience that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of gender or physical ability.
4. To give students the opportunity of working in a teamwork setting, teaching them the importance of working together to achieve a common goal.
5. To develop a program that helps students realize individual progress on a continual basis.
Kindergarten-Grades 1 & 2- Lesson 1
Grades 3 & 4- Lesson 1
Grades 5 & 6- Lesson 1
Teachers Support Material- Throwing
Baseball Worksheet 1
200 Fan Guides
This Is Baseball DVD
2 Heavy Duty Batting Tees
4 Foam Bats
1 Throwdown Base Set
4 Foam Blastballs (Softball Size)
4 Indoor Baseballs
4 Safety Foam Baseballs
12 Baseball Size Whiffle Balls
12 Softball Size Whiffle Balls
36 Soft Gym Balls
1 Saucer Cone
1 Equipment Bag
Winterball Manual Each Winterball kit contains 3 Winterball manuals. A Winterball manual includes hard copies of all items below; Lesson Plans for Kindergarten to Gr. 6, Techers Support Material, and Worksheets.
Fan Guide Each Winterball kit contains 150 Fan Guides. The Major League Baseball Fan Guide is also a new addition to the Winterball Program. The guide features great action photos of Major League players, an MLB superstar poster, breaks down the basic rules of the game, introduces students to the 30 Major League Clubs and highlights ways for studetns to keep track of the MLB season and become involved in the game.
DVD Each Winterball Kit contains 1 DVD. "This is Baseball', Major League Baseball's introductory video to the game of baseball, is including in your Winterball Equipment Pack. The 22-minute video explains the basics of baseball through footage and highlights of real Major League games and showcases all components of the world's premier baseball league.