Scholarships are open for 2017!
Check under the FORMS section to print out an application!
Poquoson Youth Football and Cheerleading Association (PYFCA)
Scholarship Application 2017
PYFCA is offering individual $500 scholarship for a minimum of two graduating seniors whose sportsmanship and participation in PYFCA reflects the highest standards of honesty, integrity, leadership, and dedication. We seek to recognize former football players and cheerleaders who have dedicated themselves to giving the most to improving their own abilities while constantly striving to make the team better. Awards will also be based on classroom participation.
Eligibility requirements for this award are as follows:
· Senior at Poquoson High School
· Plans to attend a two or four year college or technical program
· Has a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better after seven semesters of High School
· Must have participated in the PYFCA program for at least 2 years
To apply for the scholarship, a complete application must be turned into the Counseling Office no later than April 30th. An application package must contain:
1. Application cover sheet.
2. Personal resume (one page maximum) highlighting PYFCA participation and impact on you, academic achievements and service.
3. One copy of your high school transcript through first semester senior year
4. Letter of recommendation from a high school teacher.
5. Letter of recommendation from a former PYFCA coach.
If assistance is needed in locating a former coach, please contact a PYFCA board member at http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=pyfca or Sheena Booth at 757-876-5613.