Coach’s Code of Conduct
As a coach, I will conduct myself at all times in a way that demonstrates my commitment to the following:
1. Coaches will not criticize the referee openly or directly, during or after games
2. Coaches must be positive role models for players. They must show emotional maturity by controlling their anger and never using obscene language or gestures. Coaches will not criticize the referee openly or directly, during or after games
3. Coaches must create a positive and fun environment for their players.
4. Coaches must provide open communication with parents and enlist their help and support with the team.
5. Coaches must be educators, placing the development of player skills and knowledge ahead of winning games. They must encourage team play over individual efforts.
6. Coaches must set goals and objectives for their team that foster mastery in their players.
7. Coaches must help players develop their own internal motivation and critical self-observation skills.
8. Coaches must treat everyone fairly and with respect. They should set the highest standard for others to follow.
9. Coaches must be organized and prepared so that limited practice time and game time are put to best use.
10. Coaches must always put player safety and health first by dealing aggressively with unsafe situations or player conduct. They should encourage their players with appropriate safety and health leadership in all areas of their lives.
11. Coaches must continue to work to develop their skills as a coach.
12. Coaches must honor the game and help players and parents to appreciate the sport and the life lessons that can be gained from the sport.
I have read and understand the above Code of Conduct and agree to follow its guidelines at all league activities. I understand that if I do not follow this Code of Conduct, I may be asked to leave the league activity (such as a game or practice) or give up my coaching position.