Coaches and League Directors:
Welcome to the 2012 Howard Cup Baseball Tournament. This year's tournament has been expanded to include 8U, 10U, 12U and 14U brackets. I think I have copied all coaches on this email, but I would ask the league directors to please forward to the appropriate individuals within their league.
We have a total of 21 teams participating this year and look forward to a truly wonderful weekend of baseball! To that end, a couple of items deserve additional attention:
1. Western Regional Park, Schooley Mill Park and Elkridge Elementary School are all non-smoking venues. If someone needs to smoke, they must leave the facility completely. The parking lot is also a smoke-free zone.
2. Game balls will be provided. If they disappear during the game please have a few game worthy balls to throw in. Coin flip at the beginning of each game for home team until playoffs start.
3. Make sure your coaches and especially your parents are on their best behavior. We will not tolerate poor sportsmanship or any type of verbal or physical misconduct. Any coach/parent who is asked to leave the facility for misconduct must do so immediately or the consequence will be a forfeit by the team with which they are associated.
4. Please be at the park well in advance of your scheduled game time. If the game prior to yours ends early we may start your game early.
5. Rules are attached. Please read and understand the rules prior to your first game.
6. 10U is being hosted by Elkridge Youth Organization and the on-site tournament director is Vince Widmaier. Vince can be reached on his cell phone at (443) 956-5398
, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. 8U,12U, and 14U are hosted by Western Howard County and the on-site tournament director is Jeffrey Banner. Jeff can be reached on his cell phone at 410-371-3701
, or via email at email@example.com
8. We will be running a full concession stand at Western Regional Park from Friday-Sunday.
Any questions, feel free, let's have a great weekend of baseball. Please remember to keep the focus on providing a great environment for the boys to have a great weekend of baseball!
WHC Director of Baseball