2013 13U Team Information
July 4, 2012
We will have two different teams at this selected age levels. Our goal is to introduce our players to the big diamond and further increase and build their skill sets with a full season of games and practice schedule.
This team will carry a full roster of players (12 fulltime & 2 alternate players). We understand most players participate in other sports and will miss some of the indoor workouts, however we encourage you make as many as possible. After the season’s start on April 1 our expectation is for the Jr. Rams to be the number one athletic priority regardless of participation in any other sports. At that point attendance at all games, practices and tournaments is expected, unless excused by coach. Playing time and positioning is based on what is best for the team. We do our best to accommodate players with their first choice positions when we deem it possible for what best fits our team and is under the coach’s discretion.
• Indoor skills sessions run by Cary McConnell and our Staff once a week for 6 weeks.
• One hour a week indoor skills continue on a week night for 8 weeks
• One hour a week team practice utilizing our infield and bullpen areas.
• One hour a week team hitting practice
• A weekly two hour practice focused on team hitting/pitching
• A weekly one hour team practice focused infield work
• Games begin a double header on Saturday & Sunday are the norm.
• Full game schedule beginning in early April that will run until the end of July. Schedule will consist of double headers on Saturday and/or Sundays against divisional opponents and other AAU based programs in the New England Region and will include at least one travel tournament.
• Team practices will be held weekly throughout the season on a field or at the RAC.
Includes all of the above and uniforms. Players are responsible for costs associated with any travel, including lodging at tournaments. For this age group you should expect one out of state tournament in the Northeast region.