Hockey Canada in partnership with Hockey NL will be returning to Newfoundland and Labrador this summer for their annual Hockey Canada Summer Skills Development Camp. The camp will run from August 19th - 25th, 2018 in Mount Pearl at the Glacier Arena.
Built on the model of the very successful Hockey Canada Skills Development Camp program, which have been taking place throughout the country for the past twenty-one seasons, the camp will offer minor hockey players in the Novice, Atom and Pee Wee categories the opportunity to be a member of “Team Canada & Team NL” for six days. Over the six-day camp, participants will take part in a variety of on-ice and off-ice activities aimed at skill development with an emphasis on having FUN.
Registration will be divided into three separate divisions with 30 Players and 4 Goalies per division:
· Novice Division (2010 & 2011)
· Atom Division (2008 & 2009)
· Pee Wee Division (2006 & 2007)
The registration for the 2018 camp will feature a lottery based system. Pre-registration for all divisions will open on Wednesday, February 21st at 12:00PM (NST) and remain open until Friday, February 23rd at 5:00PM (NST).
Following the first round of registration, each division of all registered participants will be entered into a lottery/number selection to determine if they will receive a spot in the 2018 summer camp. Successful and un-successful participants will be notified of their status via email on Tuesday, February 27th. Successful participants will receive steps on further camp information including payment steps etc.
LINK FOR REGISTRATION WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SUMMER SKILLS CAMP HOMEPAGE – CLICK HERE
Players who attend the camp will receive:
• Daily On-ice sessions
• Hockey Canada skills testing session, position specific sessions, safety/checking sessions and more.
• Goalie only specific sessions.
• Sessions will be aimed at developing the fundamental skills of skating, passing, goaltending, stick handling and shooting.
• Quality player to coach ratio.
• Off-ice fitness/games sessions (led by qualified instructors)
• Team building/safety sessions
• Swim/Pool Day
• Players will also receive; Lunch daily, Jersey, t-shirt, water bottle, small gift and various give-a-ways throughout the week.
The cost of the six-day camp will be $425.00 per player.
Hockey Canada Summer Skills Camp