ALL volunteers must complete the Baltimore County Volunteer Application.
Process: Access the Volunteer Application by going to the following website: www.baltimorecountymd.gov/recreationvolunteers
Access Code: BCGREC15
• Complete the application and submit.
• Volunteers must complete this process prior to each program season.
• There is no cost to applicants.
Baltimore County Government is invested in increasing the safety of participants and families while they are participating in Recreation and Parks activities and programs. We are extending our efforts to include conducting background investigations for all volunteers who participate in Recreation/Nature Council, Therapeutic, PAL., and other County-sponsored recreation programs.
The background investigation will be conducted by a nationally recognized security screening firm, SSCI. This screening will include a review of each applicant's criminal history and the development of an investigative report. The results of the investigation will determine each volunteer's eligibility to volunteer in our programs. To protect the privacy of all volunteers in the program, Baltimore County staff will not have access to any detailed information regarding this background screening. SSCI will only provide a list of passed applicants to Recreation and Parks staff.
This program is a preventive measure. It is not meant to take the place of parental involvement and participation. It is meant to work in partnership with parental efforts to ensure that their children and all constituents enjoy programs and activities in a safe environment.
Who must complete the background investigation:
• Board of Recreation and Parks Members
• Recreation/Nature Council Board Members
• Recreation/Nature Council Chairpersons
• Head and Assistant Coaches
• Instructors and Assistant Instructors
• Volunteers who have care, custody or control of children