Want to make a Difference? Become a RBVLL Board Member!
RBVLL is governed by a Board of Directors (BOD), which is elected annually in conformance with Little League guidelines and the league’s constitution. Our current constitution allows for 17 board members, with one additional seat reserved for a representative from the Vista Optimist Club. Per the Little League Operating manual and the constitution, the newly elected board is required to appoint the following officers:
- President: Run BOD Meetings, attend District Meetings, oversee all aspects of league
- Vice President Preside over the above in the event of Pres. Absence
- Secretary Take notes at BOD meetings, keep the permanent records of the league
- Treasurer Maintain records and accounting of league finances
- Player Agent Oversee registration, draft and pool player processes
- Safety Officer Preform background check on volunteers, oversee facility safety issues
All other elected board members fill various roles in the operations of the league. Generally, board members fill these additional positions by volunteering in an area that interests them, but formally, the President appoints these other board members to specific positions. Some of these positions include:
- Umpire in Chief Recruits, trains and schedules umpires for the entire season
- Division Reps Div. reps work with division managers and players to ensure a smooth season
- Practice Scheduling Mgr. Coordinates practices with the teams and the City of Vista fields we use
- Team Parent Coordinator Works with Team Parents to disseminate information
- Uniform Coordinator Orders Uniforms for Spring and Winterball seasons
- Fundraising/Sponsorship Helps the league with fundraising activities and soliciting sponsorships
- Snack Bar Manager Orders provisions, and maintains Snack Bar Equipment
- Snack Bar Scheduler Schedules and coordinates snack bar worker shifts
- Picture Day Coordinator Coordinates with Photographers and teams
- Scorekeeper Scheduler Schedules scorekeepers
- Board Duty Scheduler Coordinates and Schedules Board Duty shifts
- Equipment Manager Ensures we have sufficient player equipment, and in good working order
- League Information Officer Website, email blasts, social media
ALL BOARD MEMBERS are volunteers and are asked to attend monthly board meetings, to cover one Board Duty shift per week during the playing season, and be willing to help with various tasks as needed. There are many other roles and responsibilities that exist for the successful operation of the league. Most board members fill more than a single role on the board and volunteer for activities that occur during different parts of the season.
We need volunteers to ensure the success of our league. We need YOU! If you are interested in learning more about being a part of our board, please speak with our Board Member on duty for more information.