This year with the boys 3rd/4th and 5th/6th we will be piloting a 3v3 league for Saturday morning with the following intent:
- Establish 3×3 as competition as a viable option for overall skill development.
- Demonstrate that 3×3 games meet and possibly EXCEED the “wants” and “needs” of youth players better than 5×5 play.
Benefits of playing 3 on 3:
- More ball possessions per player
- Improve court awareness/spacing
- Improve fundamental skill sets
- Improve decision making and overall basketball IQ
- Learn to play “without the ball”
At the end of the session we'll be looking for feedback from players and parents on how to improve this going into next years session.