PARADE & CARNIVAL
• Players in Kindergarten through 4th Grade should meet their teams at Mindowaskin Park (by the playground) by 9:00 a.m. The parade will begin promptly at 9:30 a.m. Cars will NOT be allowed in the park that morning and the park can only be accessed by foot from one of the surrounding streets.
• Please wear your uniform and look for your coach by the designated colored balloons for your grade. The balloons will be placed in the area where each grade should line up. The color code is as follows (for both softball and baseball): RED – Kindergarten; BLUE – 1st Grade; GREEN – 2nd grade; ORANGE – 3rd Grade; PURPLE – 4th Grade.
• We ask that only coaches and players in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Grade leagues march in the parade. Parents of Kindergarten and 1st Grade players are permitted to accompany their children.
• The parade route is as follows: North Euclid crossing over East Broad Street onto South Euclid. Make a left onto St. Marks Street and then a right onto South Chestnut Street. Take South Chestnut straight down to the Gumbert Baseball Complex.
• We encourage everyone to bring homemade signs/banners to display during the parade.
• Wristbands for unlimited access to the carnival rides will be sold for $10 each at Mindowaskin Park and Gumpert. To avoid lines at Gumpert, please try to purchase your wristband at Mindowaskin Park.
• Upon conclusion of the parade, teams and parents will gather in the outfield of Gumpert #2 for a brief ceremony. Please stay off the infield dirt during the ceremony.
• The WBL will conduct a Home Run Derby for the 4th Grade League, International League and Majors on Gumpert #1. Each player will receive 3 swings and the player that hits the longest ball will be declared the winner and receive a trophy. The runner up will also receive a prize. Players should bring their helmets and bats to the parade but will NOT be permitted to swing or hold their bats prior to their turn.
• The WBL will conduct a Fastest Baserunner Contest for all age groups on Gumpert #2. Each runner will receive one chance to run around the bases and be timed. The player with the fastest time will be declared the winner and receive a trophy. The runner up will also receive a prize. Players must wear cleats to participate.
• The schedule for the contests is as follows: International League and Majors – 9:00 – 10:00, Kindergarten – 11:00 – 11:30, 1st Grade – 11:30 – 12:00, 2nd Grade – 12:00 – 12:30, 3rd Grade – 12:30 – 1:00, 4th Grade 1:00 – 1:30.
• The GSLW will be holding contests on Gumpert #3.
• You can sign up in advance for the contests by sending an email with your child's full name, grade and team name to email@example.com. This will enable us to create an orderly process for each event. Players who don’t sign up will still be able to participate.
• A coach and at least 1 parent from teams with players participating in the contests must be present to help supervise the players.
• The WBL and GSLW will be conducting a food drive on the day of the parade to benefit the Westfield Food Pantry at Holy Trinity.
• Donations will be accepted at Mindowaskin Park before the start of the parade and at the Gumpert Baseball Complex during the contests and carnival.
• All families are urged to bring at least 1 item to donate to this worthy cause.
• The WBL is in need of volunteers to assist with set up, food concessions and clean up. This is a great way for bond families (players in 5th and 6th grade) to satisfy their service hours.
• CLICK HERE FOR VOLUNTEER SIGNUP