- Registration Dates July 17, 22 (6-8) and August 17 (10-12) at the arena
- 2013 Coaching Application available in Handouts Section
- Please check the website under "Weekly Ice Schedules" for your teams schedule!
- Come out and play contact Local League hockey from Bantam to Juvenile.
Registration Information 2013/2014
We are pleased to announce that registration fees will not be increased for the upcoming season. We will once again be incorporating a $50 mandatory fundraising fee (see information below). This fee was the primary reason why we were able to maintain our current registration rates. The monthly payment plan will be offered again this season. Registration dates will be:
July 17 (6-8pm)
July 22 (6-8pm)
August 17 (10-12am)
All dates to be held at the Burford Arena REGISTRATION FORMS NOW AVAILABLE in the "HANDOUTS" section. Please print out and bring the completed form with you.
New for the 2013 Season
New for the 2013 season, BDMHA will be offering a Pre-Novice/Learn to Skate program. This program will run in two sessions Fall and Winter for 10 weeks each with 2 ice times per week. Cost will be $200 per session.
FUNDRAISING FEE: this season upon registration and payment of your fee, you will be handed a booklet of raffle tickets worth $50. Sell the tickets and put the money in your pocket OR write your name on all the tickets and hand them back in. It's YOUR CHOICE....simple, easy and effective!
BDMHA is now on Facebook
Burford District Minor Hockey Association is now on Facebook! Invite all our hockey families to join (upper right corner under Notifications) or visit our group and request to "JOIN GROUP".
Need new equipment or have some to sell, please feel free to post on the page!
Congratulations to our Davis Fuels Novice Reps
2012-2013 OMHA NOVICE C WEST CHAMPIONS!!!!
Congratulations Burford Foodland Bantam Rep
2012/2013 Southern Counties "A" Champions!
Congratulations Muirs PeeWee Rep
2012/2013 Southern Counties "B" Champions!
1. Let the coaches' coach.
2. Do not discuss the abilities or inabilities of a specific player in front of other parents or children.
3. Discourage such toxic behavior by listening patiently to any negative
comments that might be made, then address issues in a thoughtful, positive
way. Speak to the positive qualities of a player, family or coach.
4. Do your best not to complain about your son or daughter's coaches
to other parents. THEY VOLUNTEER A LOT OF TIME FOR YOUR CHILDREN
5. Make only positive comments from the stands. Be encouraging.
6. DON’T make any negative comments about players or parents on the other team.
7. Try to keep interaction with parents on the other team as healthy and
positive as possible. Who's kidding whom? You want your child's team to
win and so do they!
8. Parents on the 'other' team are not the enemy. Neither are the boys or
girls on the other team. We should work to check any negative feelings at
the door before we hit the arena.
9. Don’t criticize the referees. Oh, there are times when calls are missed, absolutely. And that can, unfortunately, directly affect the outcome of a contest. They do their best to be fair and objective.
10. Outbursts from parents on the sideline made toward the referees only signal to our own children on the ice that they can blame the refs for anything that goes wrong. By yelling out comments such as "Good call, ref" or "Thanks ref" generally only serve to agitate an official.
11. The stands are for enjoying watching your child play and the
companionship of other parents— not for negative behavior. If you want to
coach, obtain your coaching certification and then apply for a job.
12. Children are VERY impressionable remember how you act is quite often what behavior a child will try and mimic.
13. The parking lot is not the time to 'fan the flames'. Whether it is a
coach's decision, a referee's call, a comment that was made, let it go.
Don't harass the coach or an official or a parent on the other team.
14. Be respectful of not only your home arena but also to arenas you visit. Remember there are lots of siblings in the lobby and they don’t need to hear or see bad language or behavior. You are a direct reflection of Burford Minor Hockey and our community both at home and away!
15. REMEMBER THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A FUN EXPERIENCE FOR CHILDREN AND PARENTS ALIKE
CBC News Report on Burford
The "Burford Buzz" story is at 16:55 in this link,http://www.cbc.ca/video/watch/News/ID=2240819503
Dont forget to come on to the arena on Game nights and Cheer on Adam and the New Jersey Devils!!! Games all start at 8pm
The Henrique Hockey Night in Canada Feature
Here is the link to a great story: