- The Only Open-Registration Youth Football Program in Friendswood!
- The Largest Youth Football Program in Friendswood!
- The Broncos Family: 500+ Kids Strong!
2013 Broncos Scholarship recipients:
Congratulations to our wonderful Friendswood High School Seniors and Good Luck in the future!
For those parents interested in coaching in FYFA, please send your contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer coaches are the backbone of youth sports in America. Without the thousands of parents signing up to coach youth sports every season, the youth sports world would come to a screeching halt! So, Please help if you can.
Football Practice & Broncos Training Camp - July 24th&25th
For training camp, all players will be divided into groups based on their division (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior). Training camp will include fundamental football skills, speed and conditioning drills, as well as touch football, a fun "Punt-Pass-Kick" contest and other activities. All players will receive a Broncos t-shirt for training camp practices.
Teams will be drafted the weekend following Broncos Training Camp.
Coaches will notify parents with their child's team placement following the draft.
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES
(all subject to change )
COACHES MEETING: Sunday, July 21
1st Practice in shorts: Tuesday, July 30
1st Practice in Full Pads: Monday, August 5
1st Game: Saturday, August 24
PLEASE BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR ADDITIONAL UPDATES!
Newsletter Email List
Join the list to receive important information regarding Broncos Football
Add your email address:
Until 2005, Friendswood had only 2 youth football clubs. Even though these clubs had waiting lists of kids who wanted to play football, neither were willing to expand to accommodate these kids. Both chose to remain "exclusive". Youth football in Friendswood remained limited to members of these exclusive clubs while literally hundreds of kids were turned away and denied the opportunity to play.
The Broncos are Born:
In 2006, a group of dedicated parents started FYFA (Friendswood Youth Football Association) with the goal of giving every kid in Friendswood the opportunity to play football. FYFA would have open registration, not waiting lists. They would make as many teams as necessary to accommodate all the kids. They chose the mascot "Broncos".
FYFA decided to affiliate with the South Texas Youth Football Assocation (STYFA), whose member chapters are all open-registration programs, like FYFA's.
The concept proved so popular, that by the 2008 season, 400 kids were playing Broncos football. 400 kids who, just a few years before, would not have even had the chance to play.
The 2011 season was the Broncos 6th, and the Broncos Family grew to over 500 kids!
2012 Broncos Scholarship Recipients
The Friendswood Broncos Youth Football Association (FYFA) is proud to announce our 2012 college scholarship recipients. In 2011, the Broncos, thru generous donations, fundraisers, and sponsorships, established the FYFA Broncos Scholarship Fund and award five $1000 scholarships each year to deserving youth of Friendswood. The Broncos award scholarships to promising Friendswood students who have participated in football or cheer and demonstrated strong character, leadership, a record of accomplishment, and determination to succeed in life.
The 2012 scholarship recipients are:
The 2011 inaugural scholarship recipients are:
- Cameron Smith - Friendswood High School, Sr and varsity football
- Matt Morris - Friendswood High School, Sr and varsity football
- Dylan Hoke - Friendswood High School, Sr and varsity football
- Kamri Stiefel - Friendswood High School, Sr and varsity cheerleader
- Jared Duggan - Clear Brook High School, son of the late Martin Miller, founding member of FYFA
The scholarship award to Jared Duggan is in memory of his father, Martin Miller, who was one of the founding FYFA board members and passed away in 2010. Jared will receive a scholarship award each year until he graduates in 2015.
- Trey Gonzalez - Friendswood High School, Sr and varsity football
- Chris Hailey - Friendswood High School, Sr and varsity football
- Garrett Ward - Friendswood High School, Sr and varsity football
- Rylee Stiefel - Friendswood High School, Sr and varsity cheerleader
- Jared Duggan - Brookside Intermediate, 8th grade football, son of the late Martin Miller - founding member of FYFA