- ATTENTION: There is NO PRACTICE held on Thursday, January 23 and January 30th due
- to scheduled Great Falls Americans hockey games. Makeup practice times may be scheduled
- at a later date...
Over 50 Years of Quality Youth Hockey
2014 Casey Cup Media Links
February 19, 2014
NOTICE TO PLAYERS AND PARENTS:
January 22, 2014
A quick reminder to all ice users and lockeroom guests, that it is YOUR responsibility to maintain the cleanliness, order and general appearance of your lockerooms! There have been several instances and complaints about these rooms being left in a desheveled condition with trash and other items left on the floors and in the showers. Please be cognizant of ALL users of these facilities and our guests, and keep them clean!! Let's take pride in our IcePlex! Parents and coaches can help by maintaining a presence in the lockerooms and reminding players to pick up after use. Thanks everyone for your help in this!
UPDATE; New "Learn-to-Play" session info added!
There will be three sessions of LTPH scheduled, each 8 hours a piece. Session and schedule information is given below.
Here are the dates…
Session 1: 29 Oct, 5 Nov, 10 Nov, 12 Nov, 19 Nov, 26 Nov, 3 Dec, 10 Dec
Session 2: 7 Jan, 12 Jan, 14 Jan, 21 Jan, 26 Jan, 28 Jan, 2 Feb, 4 Feb
Session 3: 11 Feb, 18 Feb, 25 Feb, 4 Mar, 9 Mar, 11 Mar, 16 Mar, 18 Mar
Times will be updated and posted on the calendar. Contact Robert Rassmussen for more details.
"Morning Mashup" Skate Clinics!
October 1, 2013 – 06:00 AM
The "Morning Mashup" early morning skate clinics continue this week. See the information below from mashup organizer coach Eric Borggard, or for more details contact him directly. See you in the morning!
READY FOR SOME HOCKEY?
We’ve got a good crew involved in the morning mash-up, and we continue every Tuesday and Thursday morning at 6am!
I’ll be there a little early on Tuesday getting things set up. For those who are going to pay for the month of October, please bring your checks, payable to the GFAHA for $50.00. Anybody paying for a drop-in skate, please bring $10, again payable to GFAHA. Cash is okay, but checks would be better (I won’t be equipped to write receipts.)
My cell number is 781-0763… let me know if you’d like to jump on board.
Things to keep in mind:
- Please have your skater wear FULL GEAR.
- You must be GFAHA registered AND have your USA Hockey Registration completed before skating.
- For those paying for the month of October, please keep in mind that if the numbers aren’t adequate to pay for all 10 ice-times during the month, your registration fee may not entitle your skater to a full 10 skates. Let’s hope it works out, but please bear that in mind. (For example, if we only have cash sufficient to cover 8 skates, your $50 will have to be pro-rated across those 8 skates instead of 10… still a lot better deal than paying for a drop-in every time out.)
- Showers are available (if one of the parents remembers to get the water started a little before the kids are finished, it’ll be warm water!)
- As with last year, time will be of the essence! We’ll start at 6am sharp with warm-ups and skill-work for the first 15 minutes (+/-) then we’ll scrimmage.
Calling all goalkeepers!
- We have a good group of skaters, but the goalie contingent is light! Encourage your goalie to come and get some extra work… maybe a LOT of work!
- If the numbers allow it, goalies may be able to get a discounted rate to skate… no promises – we’ll have to see how it works out.
THANKS! I’m looking forward to this – it should be a blast for the kids.
ATTN: PLAYERS-COACHES-PARENTS: HECC HELMET RULE CHANGE!
Some new changes have been made by USA Hockey regaarding helmets and helmet certification. ALL helmets used on the ice during USAH sanctioned events must be in good working order and HECC certified. Each certified helmet must also have a current certification sticker affixed in plain view to the back of the helmet. Each sticker will have and expiration date on them. Helmets with expired stickers will not be allowed on the ice. This includes all USA Hockey members--player helmets, referee helmets, and goalie helmets as well. Please check your equipment prior to the season starting to make sure you are in compliance with the new change. Below is an excerpt from the new rules and regulations book and photos of the HECC stickers that should be located on each helmet.
"... (c) It is mandatory that all players (except Adults) wear a HECC approved helmet (including ear protection) with chin strap properly fastened.
*(Note) HECC certification includes an expiration date on the sticker and a helmet that has an expiration date that hasexpired is no longer considered certified. The player may notwear a helmet that does not have a valid and current certification sticker. Players in the Adult classification must wear a hockey helmet (including non-HECC approved) with chin strapproperly fastened. "
For a complete calendar listing, click here!