Welcome to the Newton BSA Home Page
Newton Baseball and Softball's mission is to provide a safe and fun experience under organized leadership to participating youths and families. Teach and encourage teamwork and sportsmanship with support and opportunity for everyone.
2014 NBSA Baseball Evaluation - UPDATE
March 4, 2014
The NBSA will be holding their player evaluation on Saturday, March 8th at the Sanborn Regional High School gymnasium for baseball players in the Farm, Minor B, Minor A and Major divisions.
Times are as follows:
For more information, click here.
Sanborn Winter Clinics
March 2, 2014
Fremont, Kingston and Newton youth baseball and softball organizations are sponsoring pre-season indoor clinics in March for 7-12 year old baseball and 7-16 year old softball players. Local coaches will cover age appropriate fundamentals. Clinics will be held at the Sanborn Regional High School and Swasey gyms as listed below or see our calendar here and click here to download a registration form.
Upcoming Board Meetings
January 16, 2014
Board meetings are usually held the first Thursday of the month at the Newton Town Hall on Town Hall Road.
WHEN: Thursday, March 6 - 7:30pm
WHERE: Newton Town Hall, 2 Town Hall Rd, Newton
All are welcome to attend!!
February 18, 2014
UPCOMING REGISTRATION DATES:
- Thursday, February 20th, 6PM - 8PM @ Newton Town Hall
- Monday, March 3rd, 6PM - 8PM @ Sanborn Regional High School
Registration Location Change
February 5, 2014
Due to the change in the School Board Deliberative Session to Thursday night, the NBSA registration will be held from 6-8PM at the Sanborn Regional High School in order for people to be able to sign up for baseball/softball and attend the deliberative session.
2014 Sanborn Winter Clinics
February 3, 2014
Fremont, Kingston and Newton youth baseball and softball organizations are sponsoring pre-season indoor clinics in March for 7-12 year old baseball and 7-16 year old softball players. Local coaches will cover age appropriate fundamentals.
Clinics will be held at the Sanborn Regional High School and Swasey gyms as listed here.
2014 REGISTRATION DATES SET!!!
January 16, 2014
Not sponsored by the Sanborn Regional School District
- Saturday, January 25th, 9AM - 12PM @ Sanborn High School Cafeteria
- Come register your player, get important league information, and enjoy a free breakfast of pancakes, sausages, OJ and coffee.
- Thursday, January 30th, 6PM - 9PM @ Newton Town Hall
- Thursday, February 6th, 6PM - 8PM @ SANBORN REGIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- Rockingham Majors (Age 11-12): $80+$50 Cash Calendar
- Rockingham Minors A (Age 10-11): $70+$50 Cash Calendar
- Rockingham Minors B (Age 8-9): $70+$50 Cash Calendar
- Farm (Age 6-7): $50+$50 Cash Calendar
- Tee Ball (Age 4-5): $40+$50 Cash Calendar
- SNH Softball League 16U (Age 14-16): $80+$50 Cash Calendar
- SNH Softball League 12U (Age 11-12): $70+$50 Cash Calendar
- SNH Softball League 10U (Age 9-10): $70+$50 Cash Calendar
- SNH Softball League 8U (Age 7-8): $50+$50 Cash Calendar
Families with 3 or more children are limited to $140.00 in registration fees (excluding Babe Ruth) and $100 in calendar recoverable fees.
What are cash calendars?
- Cash calendars come with the information packet received during registration.
- Each calendar has a stub that represents an entry into a cash drawing held each day in May (daily value is listed on calendar).
- Parents can sell cash calendars to friends and family or fill them out themselves.
- Parents keep any money sold to friends and family, but need to return completed stubs to their coach or Greenie Snack Shack by Opening Day.
Why cash calendars?
- The money from cash calendars help the NBSA to pay for yearly expenses (i.e. equipment, umpires, etc.) while keeping registration fees low.
- Please don't wait until the last minute. Please register early!!
- Download a registration form here.
- All returning players must re-register.
For more information on baseball registration contact Matt Muskrat at 603-974-3161 or Joe Radjavitch at 603-380-6715.
For more information on softball registration contact Pete Derosiers at 603-978-8800.
- For Baseball, all players age 7-12 are eligible. ELIGIBILITY IS BASED ON CHILD'S AGE AS OF APRIL 30, 2014. Please, no exceptions!!
- For Softball, all players age 7-14 are eligible. ELIGIBILITY IS BASED ON CHILD'S AGE AS OF JANUARY 1, 2014. Please, no exceptions!!
- If you are interested in signing up for Babe Ruth Baseball (ages 13-18), more information can be found on our Babe Ruth Page.
- NBSA is a Non-Profit Organization (Limited Financial Aid Is Available).
Parents interested in volunteering as head or assistant coach.
- Please complete a coaching volunteer application, which can be found here.
Baseball evaluations for Majors, Minors and Farm age children are tentatively set for Saturday March 8, times TBA.
Play Ball Salisbury Winter Workout Program
January 7, 2014
Play Ball in Salisbury would like to offer a Winter Workout Program for the families of Newton Baseball.
The program begins January 18th and runs for 10 weeks. ($110 per player).
This year, as an added value, Play Ball is giving each player who signs up a half hour lesson......$40 value.
Dave Wendt, their new GM, will be running the program. Dave is a former 5 year pro with the Tampa Bay Rays and is an excellent instructor and clinician.
For more information, click here.
SNHSL Winter Softball Clinics
December 18, 2013
The Southern New Hampshire Softball League is conducting a series of 7 week winter clinics for SNHSL girls age 7 to 16 at Granite Fields in Kingston, NH. More information can be found here.
Newton Astros 2013 Minor B Champs
June 30, 2013
The Newton Astros beat the Danville Mariners on Tuesday in a thrilling 1-0 game that featured great pitching, defense and timely hitting. The NBSA Board would like to congratulate the players, coaches and families on the Astros team for a great season!!!
2013 T-Ball Ice Cream Trophy Day
June 12, 2013
On Tuesday, the T-Ball season concluded with the passing out of trophies to all the players. After the ceremony, NBSA held an ice cream social for all player, parents and coaches. Congratulations to all those who particpated in a GREAT season!
2013 NBSA T-Ballers and Coaches
Coach John and Izzy celebrate a great season!!
April 17, 2013
Our thoughts go out to the families, runners, spectators affected by the two explosions at the Boston Marathon Finish Line.
The NBSA Board members would like to express our gratitude to the first responders and everyday citizens who ran toward the danger to help the victims of this tragic event.
For a complete calendar listing, click here!
Newton Baseball Softball Association