for Orders Over $80
- THANKS TO ALL THE PLAYERS, PARENTS, AND STAFF FOR YOUR HARD WORK
- WE COULDN'T DO IT WITHOUT YOUR HELP ! !
- CHECK OUT THE PHOTO ALBUMS FROM THE 2005 & 2006 MBYLL JAMBOREES!
- NEED LAX STICK STRINGING OR REPAIR ? SEE BULLETIN BOARD PAGE
SALEM STORM YOUTH LACROSSE
2015 SEASON REGISTRATION
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2015 SEASON IS NOW OPEN!
THE FEE FOR THE 2015 SEASON WILL BE $175 PER PLAYER.
2 PLAYER DISCOUNT IS $300.
THE FEE THIS SEASON INCLUDES REGISTRATION WITH SSYL & US LACROSSE,
AND A GAME JERSEY.
OUR REGULAR SEASON RUNS FROM MID-MARCH THROUGH MID-JUNE.
PRACTICES HAVE BEEN ON TUESDAYS AND FRIDAYS.
GAMES ARE PLAYED ON SUNDAY AFTERNOONS.
REGISTRATIONS ARE WELCOME FROM PLAYERS IN SALEM AND LYNN,
ENROLLED IN GRADES 1 THROUGH 8.
WE'RE OFFERING 2 PAYMENT OPTIONS
1) PAYMENT IN FULL W/ REGISTRATION
2) $75.00 DEPOSIT - BALANCE DUE AT FIRST OUTDOOR PRACTICES
YOU CAN REGISTER ON-LINE AND BRING A CHECK TO THE FIRST PRACTICES
ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
OR PRINT THE FORM AND MAIL IT, AND A CHECK TO ARTIE OR BRIAN.
THE 'HARD COPY' REGISTRATION FORM CAN BE FOUND AT:
WE'RE ALSO OFFERING A NEW PLAYER DISCOUNT
(IF A PREVIOUSLY REGISTERED PLAYER BRINGS A NEW PLAYER INTO THE PROGRAM)
$50 DISCOUNT PER PLAYER
FORMS AND CHECKS CAN BE MAILED TO:
SALEM YOUTH LACROSSE
C/O BRIAN ALMQUIST
392 ESSEX STREET #5
SALEM, MA 01970
SALEM YOUTH LACROSSE
C/O ARTIE SULLIVAN
17 MOFFATT ROAD
SALEM, MA 01970
IF ANYONE HAS PROBLEMS, CONCERNS, QUESTIONS, OR SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES,
PLEASE CONTACT BRIAN @ email@example.com
OR ARTIE @ firstname.lastname@example.org
WE WANT TO GIVE EVERY CHILD THAT WANTS TO PLAY
AN OPPORTUNITY TO DO SO.
*Registration form and instructions can also be found on the 'Handouts' page.
WE'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO ANOTHER EXCITING YEAR OF LACROSSE ! !
THE STAFF AT SALEM YOUTH LACROSSE
WELCOMES YOU TO ANOTHER SEASON OF"THE FASTEST GAME ON TWO FEET".
WE OFFER OUR PROGRAM TO PLAYERS AGES 14 AND YOUNGER.
WE WELCOME OUT OF TOWN PLAYERS, BOYS AND GIRLS,
AND PLAYERS OF ALL ABILITIES.
THE GOAL OF SALEM STORM YOUTH LACROSSE
IS TO TEACH, AND PROMOTE, THE SPORT OF LACROSSE.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, WE TRY TO PROVIDE A FUN, POSITIVE,
AND ENRICHING EXPERIENCE FOR THE YOUTH AND PARENTS
IN OUR PROGRAM WITHOUT THE "WIN AT ALL COST" MENTALITY
THAT IS SO PREVALENT IN OTHER YOUTH SPORTS.
THE STAFF AT S.S.Y.L. HAVE MADE THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS
A MAJOR PART OF OUR PROGRAM PHILOSOPHY:
"ALL PLAYERS WILL BE PLAYED AS EQUALLY AS POSSIBLE
WITHOUT REGARD TO THEIR PHYSICAL ABILITY"
NO PLAYER WILL BE DENIED PARTICIPATION
FOR FINANCIAL REASONS
OUR CORE GROUP IS COMPRISED OF:
WHO HAVE A GREAT VARIETY OF COACHING AND
PLAYING EXPERIENCE AT ALL LEVELS,
WHO HAVE SET OUR PLAYERS GROWTH IN THE SPORT,
HEALTH, AND SAFETY AS A PRIORITY,
AND AS ALWAYS,
THAT SUPPORT S.S.Y.L. IN OUR MISSION.
WE HOPE YOU'LL COME CHECK US OUT, AND DECIDE TO JOIN IN THE FUN, FAMILY EXPERIENCE!
COACHES NEEDED FOR 2015
Salem Youth Lacrosse is in need of some new coaches for the 2015 season.
While experience is great,applicants need not be lacrosse experts.
We're looking for folks who'd like to learn the basics of lacrosse
while interacting with the players.
Our program is continuing to grow, and our staff needs to follow suit.
Contact any of the coaches with inquiries,
or e-mail Brian at email@example.com
MASS BAY YOUTH LACROSSE MISSION STATEMENT
The MBYLL Statement:
Mission: Our mission is to teach, grow and honor the game in your town & every community in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts by providing leadership, guidance, training and structure to all town & city programs participating in the MBYLL’s spring game schedule and the annual MBYLL Jamboree held each June at the end of our season.
Philosophy: Our philosophy in the MBYLL Classic program is all players participate equally (i.e. equal playing time) in all games on evenly balanced teams based on a player’s grade, age, skill, size & experience—U15 (7th & 8th), U13 (5th & 6th), U11 (3rd & 4th) & U9 (1st & 2nd)—playing a local game schedule in their region. There are NO ‘A’ or ‘B’ or ‘stacked’ teams, nor standings or playoffs, at any level playing in the MBYLL Classic program & our traditional league games on Sunday’s.
Our MBYLL Select program is an additional town-based playing opportunity—NOT a replacement for—a players participation in the MBYLL Classic program. MBYLL Select team players must also participate on their MBYLL Classic team (Why? See Goals below). MBYLL Select has Division-based standings, playoffs, State Championship & All-Star games.
Our coaches are trained and certified to be teachers of the game & role models focused on player development, teamwork & learning the fun•damentals—especially the ‘fun’ part. MBYLL is an inclusive organization open to all towns & cities where, collectively, we strive to always provide a safe, enjoyable, learning experience for all participants in an environment not swept up in the pressure filled, win-at-all-cost mania too common in youth sports today.
Goals: Our primary goal is all MBYLL players, coaches, parents, officials and program leaders will have a fun experience while always demonstrating role-model sportsmanship on and off the field as together we learn, share and teach the fundamental skills and teamwork required to play the game well. Responsible growth & participation in every member town is a secondary goal.
MBYLL provides training, guidance, certification & grade + age-specific rules of play for all member towns, coaches, players & officials with a particular focus on player safety, sportsmanship and fair play for a positive, fun experience for all participants.
Honor the Game: We honor the game by practicing positive coaching, teaching life lessons beyond the playing field and by developing a strong community among all MBYLL players, coaches, parents, officials and fans that will last a lifetime.
As MBYLL town members, we continue to improve our lacrosse knowledge & program capabilities each season as we learn, share and teach the game based on speed, stick skills, athleticism and teamwork—and not physical intimidation.
Your League: Mass Bay Youth Lacrosse League (MBYLL) represents 160+ towns split in to five geographic regions—for local game scheduling—in eastern & central Massachusetts with over 20,000 players in 1st to 8th grades on 950 teams and led by 2,000 active MBYLL & USL certified coaches this spring. Below are some of the services and value the organization provides its members along with a few key highlights about what Mass Bay Youth Lacrosse, your league, represents today:
- MBYLL is one of the largest youth lacrosse leagues & organizations in the United States w/ over 50,000 players, parents & coaches.
- MBYLL Jamboree held each June is the largest youth lacrosse event in the USA w/ over 450 teams & 25,000 players, coaches & fans.
- MBYLL Jamboree event sponsors & partners contribute over 40% of our total annual operating budget—keeping member fees low.
- MBYLL funds & organizes coaching education, certification, clinics & online training for all our coaches & town leaders each spring.
- MBYLL funds & organizes our Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) partnership for workshops & online Coach, Parent, Player courses.
- MBYLL mandates all our coaches be MBYLL-certified at least every 2 years thru MBYLL & USL-integrated Level I/II/III coaching clinics.
- MBYLL funds & organizes the (8) Sunday, mid-week & MBYLL Select spring game schedule w/ over 6,000 games played each season.
- MBYLL funds & coordinates with EMLOA to contract for referee Assignors to schedule game officials for all MBYLL league contests.
- MBYLL funds & contracts with EMLOA to train, certify or re-certify all MBYLL Associate Officials (AO’s) each spring for town members.
- MBYLL funds & organizes the Regional Referee Coordinators & our AO support resources in each of our five geographic regions.
- MBYLL is led by an all-volunteer board of directors who—like MBYLL town leaders & coaches—are all passionate about the game.
Thank you for your participation and efforts in making Mass Bay Youth Lacrosse League a continued success ...
SALEM YOUTH LACROSSE GEAR
THE SALEM YOUTH LACROSSE ONLINE STORE IS NOW OPEN.
CLICK ON THE LINK TO CHECK OUT ALL THE GREAT GEAR THAT'S AVAILABLE.
SHOW YOUR SALEM LAX PRIDE !!
SALEM LAX APPAREL
BE SURE TO CHECK THE BULLETIN BOARD
FOR THE LATEST, UP TO DATE, INFORMATION !
For a complete schedule listing, click here!