As many of you may have realized, our program has been having
difficulty 'fielding' a solid number of players the last few years...
We've tried some different incentives to bring the numbers up, to no avail...
It is with mixed emotions that we have decided to suspend operations
this season and work on peaking the interest in Salem in the future...
Our friends in Swampscott, Marblehead, Peabody, and Beverly
have all offered to accept any players that
want to continue playing without interruption...
Swampscott might be the logical choice for many of you,
because a lot of the kids play hockey together...
Great kids, and friendly, qualified coaches...
Wherever you decide to go, just go to their websites and register...
I guarantee you will be welcomed with open arms...
Swampscott - Tom Driscoll - www.snyl.org
They are extending registrations till Jan 15th
Marblehead - John Thompson - www.marbleheadlacrosse.org
U13/U15 reg open till Jan 10th
U11 & younger open till Mar 15th
Peabody - www.peabodyyouthlacrosse.org
Beverly - www.bevlax.com
Any questions please shoot me an email...
We want to facilitate a smooth transition for the kids...
See ya around the fields,
MASS BAY YOUTH LACROSSE MISSION STATEMENT
The MBYLL Statement:
Mission: Our mission is to teach, grow and honor the game in your town & every community in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts by providing leadership, guidance, training and structure to all town & city programs participating in the MBYLL’s spring game schedule and the annual MBYLL Jamboree held each June at the end of our season.
Philosophy: Our philosophy in the MBYLL Classic program is all players participate equally (i.e. equal playing time) in all games on evenly balanced teams based on a player’s grade, age, skill, size & experience—U15 (7th & 8th), U13 (5th & 6th), U11 (3rd & 4th) & U9 (1st & 2nd)—playing a local game schedule in their region. There are NO ‘A’ or ‘B’ or ‘stacked’ teams, nor standings or playoffs, at any level playing in the MBYLL Classic program & our traditional league games on Sunday’s.
Our MBYLL Select program is an additional town-based playing opportunity—NOT a replacement for—a players participation in the MBYLL Classic program. MBYLL Select team players must also participate on their MBYLL Classic team (Why? See Goals below). MBYLL Select has Division-based standings, playoffs, State Championship & All-Star games.
Our coaches are trained and certified to be teachers of the game & role models focused on player development, teamwork & learning the fun•damentals—especially the ‘fun’ part. MBYLL is an inclusive organization open to all towns & cities where, collectively, we strive to always provide a safe, enjoyable, learning experience for all participants in an environment not swept up in the pressure filled, win-at-all-cost mania too common in youth sports today.
Goals: Our primary goal is all MBYLL players, coaches, parents, officials and program leaders will have a fun experience while always demonstrating role-model sportsmanship on and off the field as together we learn, share and teach the fundamental skills and teamwork required to play the game well. Responsible growth & participation in every member town is a secondary goal.
MBYLL provides training, guidance, certification & grade + age-specific rules of play for all member towns, coaches, players & officials with a particular focus on player safety, sportsmanship and fair play for a positive, fun experience for all participants.
Honor the Game: We honor the game by practicing positive coaching, teaching life lessons beyond the playing field and by developing a strong community among all MBYLL players, coaches, parents, officials and fans that will last a lifetime.
As MBYLL town members, we continue to improve our lacrosse knowledge & program capabilities each season as we learn, share and teach the game based on speed, stick skills, athleticism and teamwork—and not physical intimidation.
Your League: Mass Bay Youth Lacrosse League (MBYLL) represents 160+ towns split in to five geographic regions—for local game scheduling—in eastern & central Massachusetts with over 20,000 players in 1st to 8th grades on 950 teams and led by 2,000 active MBYLL & USL certified coaches this spring. Below are some of the services and value the organization provides its members along with a few key highlights about what Mass Bay Youth Lacrosse, your league, represents today:
- MBYLL is one of the largest youth lacrosse leagues & organizations in the United States w/ over 50,000 players, parents & coaches.
- MBYLL Jamboree held each June is the largest youth lacrosse event in the USA w/ over 450 teams & 25,000 players, coaches & fans.
- MBYLL Jamboree event sponsors & partners contribute over 40% of our total annual operating budget—keeping member fees low.
- MBYLL funds & organizes coaching education, certification, clinics & online training for all our coaches & town leaders each spring.
- MBYLL funds & organizes our Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) partnership for workshops & online Coach, Parent, Player courses.
- MBYLL mandates all our coaches be MBYLL-certified at least every 2 years thru MBYLL & USL-integrated Level I/II/III coaching clinics.
- MBYLL funds & organizes the (8) Sunday, mid-week & MBYLL Select spring game schedule w/ over 6,000 games played each season.
- MBYLL funds & coordinates with EMLOA to contract for referee Assignors to schedule game officials for all MBYLL league contests.
- MBYLL funds & contracts with EMLOA to train, certify or re-certify all MBYLL Associate Officials (AO’s) each spring for town members.
- MBYLL funds & organizes the Regional Referee Coordinators & our AO support resources in each of our five geographic regions.
- MBYLL is led by an all-volunteer board of directors who—like MBYLL town leaders & coaches—are all passionate about the game.
Thank you for your participation and efforts in making Mass Bay Youth Lacrosse League a continued success ...
SALEM YOUTH LACROSSE GEAR
THE SALEM YOUTH LACROSSE ONLINE STORE IS NOW OPEN.
CLICK ON THE LINK TO CHECK OUT ALL THE GREAT GEAR THAT'S AVAILABLE.
SHOW YOUR SALEM LAX PRIDE !!
SALEM LAX APPAREL
BE SURE TO CHECK THE BULLETIN BOARD
FOR THE LATEST, UP TO DATE, INFORMATION !