- 2008 8-10 Federal Division Champions
- 2007 9-11 American Division Champions
- 2012 9U and 9-11 Federal Division Champions
- 2011 11-13 Centenniel Division Champions
- 2010 6-8 and 10-12 Federal Division Champions
We will have equipment return this week at the equipment room located behind the gym at Dumbarton Middle School. You will need to sign back in your: helmet, shoulder pads, game pants, practice pants, practice jersey and belts. Please be sure to LAUNDER all uniform pieces. Coaches, please return your coaches bags and any additional equipment at this time.
You may come during any time slot, however it is preferred if you come during your team's:
Wednesday, December 4th, 7:00-8:00p
Thursday, December 5th, 6:45-7:15p
(All equipment MUST be returned or a $200 equipment fee will be assessed. Players may keep their game jerseys and socks.)
Spartans 2013 Season Celebration!
When: Sunday, 11/17/13
Where: Hightopps Backstage Grille, Lutherville
RSVP by 11/11/13: http://sendomatic.com/PYgDN
Top off a great season of Towson Football with a celebration with your fellow Spartans, coaches, team moms, family and friends! All players, team moms and coaches will be treated to a FREE all-you-can-eat hot breakfast buffet.
Parents and siblings are invited to join us for breakfast, too! The cost for family of players is $15 per Adult and $10 per Child.
Please note that ALL attendees must RSVP and bring a printed ticket to the event.
Go to http://sendomatic.com/PYgDN to RSVP and print your admission ticket(s). Through this link you can:
• Register all attendees for this event
• Purchase parent ($15) and sibling ($10) tickets using a credit card
• Print the free player/coach/team mom and purchased admission tickets
Questions? Please contact Katie Ketchen at email@example.com or 443-804-5126.
Hope you can make it!
(Note: players may come alone at your discretion. Pick-up is promptly at 11:30am)
2014 Board Positions
Is you child planning on playing Spartans Football next year? If so, you have a stake in the future of the program. We need the positions filled in order for TRC to run football next year.
· President (Football Commissioner): John Putnam
· Outgoing Commissioner: Tim Schriver
· Board Members: Nominee(s): Stacey Sebring, Karen Benecewicz, Belafanti Jones, Harry McNeir, Johnny Santiago
We encourage each of you to thoughtfully consider serving our community in this way.
It has been very fulfilling for everyone who has chosen to do so in the past. Now it’s your turn!!
Signup for Team Text Alerts
Summer weather can be unpredictable--sign up for Text Alerts for your team so you know if practices or games get cancelled due to weather or other issues. Click on the Text Alert box on the bottom left of the home page. Create a LeagueLineUp free account and add your phone number. Then, choose Sign Me Up to select your team's Alert.
You can also subscribe to receive Schedule Updates so that you are always on top of where and when your team plays.
“Heads Up” on Concussion
The Center for Disease Control has created free tools for youth and high school sports coaches, parents, athletes, and health care professionals that provide important information on preventing, recognizing, and responding to a concussion: Heads Up on Concussion
. Take the time to review the online videos and materials so you are informed. All Towson Football coaches are required to review the materials.
Towson Spartans Receive Grant for Xenith Helmets!
Thanks to the very generous contributions of two Spartan families, the Towson Spartans football program will now be equipped with 140 new Xenith X2 helmets! We have been impressed by the engineering behind this helmet and its added protection against concussions and are thrilled to be able to replace our aging supply of helmets with this product. SPARTANS FOREVER!
Support the Spartans!
The success of our program is due in large part to the volunteers and supporters like you who make playing football for Towson SO MUCH FUN!
• All sponsors will be recognized on our web site home page, www.leaguelineup.com/towsonfootball, as well as the separate Sponsors Page. The web site receives over 8,500 hits per season from both TRC participants as well as participants from other programs.
• Sponsors are invited to provide a banner to be displayed at Meadowood Regional Park during each of our 5 home games. Each game provides visibility not only to the 600+ GB football fans but to visitors to the park as well. Additionally, we can professionally design your banner at no additional cost. Banners are available in two sizes: 3’ x 8’ or 3’ x 16’. The final cost of output is determined by the vendor.
• Sponsors may be recognized in other ways as well—from concession sign menu boards, to player programs, to team water bottles—please let us know how you would like to be acknowledged!
• And of course, your donation is 100% tax deductible
We are extremely grateful to all of the dedicated volunteers and supporters of Towson Football throughout the years and hope you will join us in continuing this great tradition. Please contact Suzanne Schriver, TRC Football Administrator, at 410-337-2467 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this year's fundraising goals and to discuss how you can become a sponsor.
Generally speaking, we play in the rain, but not thunder and lightning. HOWEVER, the county has changed policies regarding field usage in wet weather for the protection of their fields. Announcements are not made until 3pm and therefore last minute cancellations or moves to alternate fields are very likely during wet weather or even following wet weather. Please signup for our text alert to receive alerts when the Rec Council or County close a field we are scheduled to use.
What the heck is "Molon Lave"?
Molon Lave - Come and Get Them: (What the Spartan Commander at Thermopylae said when ordered to lay down his arms.