USA Baseball informed youth organizations, including Babe Ruth League, Inc., that effective immediately and until further notice, the bat identified as the Easton Ghost X YBB18GX10 30/20 2 5/8" ( OR THE "Easton Ghost X 30/20 5/8" at retail) has been DECERTIFIED by USA Baseball and is no longer an approved bat under the USA Bat Standard.
USA BAT: Easton Ghost X 30/20
Model Number(s): YBB18GX10 30/20 (D: 2 5/8), LL18GHX 30/20 (D: 2 5/8)
Length: 30" (-10)
All other certified lengths and drops of the Easton Ghost X USABAT remain approved for play.
Babe Ruth League Rule 11.05, Paragraph 5 - NOTE:
New Wording - No pitcher shall appear in a game as a pitcher for three (3) consecutive days regardless of pitch count. Exemption: 7&8 year-old divisions. (three (3) consecutive games is eliminated from the Note on page 27 of the Babe Ruth League, Inc. Baseball Rules and Regulations & Official Playing Ruth.
Babe Ruth League
Develop a strong, clean, healthy body,
Mind and soul
Develop a strong urge for sportsmanlike
Develop understanding of and respect
For the RULES.
Develop courage in defeat, tolerance
And modesty in victory.
Develop control over emotions and
Develop spirit of cooperation and team
Develop into real, true CITIZENS.
Southern New Jersey Babe Ruth and Cal Ripken Organization is comprised totally of volunteers. We are so grateful to those that have joined our organization. Your dedication enables us to provide the structure and opportunities for the young people of Southern New Jersey to play baseball and to learn about hard work, competition, the enjoyment of winning and sportsmanship of losing.
Our organization has 3 baseball divisions: Babe Ruth, Cal Ripken and Sr. Babe Ruth.
* Cal Ripken Division: Ages 4 - 12
* Babe Ruth Division: Ages 13 - 15
* Sr. Babe Ruth Division: Ages 16 - 18
The Cal Ripken Division is the fastest growing youth baseball organization in the world today and welcomes players between the ages of 4 and 12 years old. Since Cal Ripken Jr. dedicated his name and energy to the program, Ripken Baseball has outpaced all other programs in the country. In southern New Jersey, since 2000, our members have grown in leaps and bounds.
The Babe Ruth division for players 12 through 15 years old is the foundation of our program. In addition to regular season baseball, our program offers travel play, post All Star "round robin" tournaments and a Fall season baseball league.
Sr. Babe Ruth offers players 16-18 years of age an opportunity to continue playing baseball throughout their high school years. League games begin play in May followed by All Star Tournaments in District, State, Regional, and finally the World Series. All Star Trornament play starts in July and runs to August.
2018 Rule Changes
Babe Ruth League Tournament Pitching Regulations.
Can Be Found Under The 2017 Tournaments On The Left Side.
2018 RULE CHANGES
The International Board of Directors has approved the following rule changes beginning with the 2018 season. These changes will be reflected in the 2018 Babe Ruth League, Inc. Rules and Regulations
1. Cal Ripken Baseball, Babe Ruth Baseball - For the 2018 season, the team composition rule will be adjusted to allow one (1) manager and three (3) coaches per team for all Divisions of Babe Ruth League, Inc. for Local League Competition and Tournament Competition, provided such managers and coaches meet all Coaching Education and Background Check requirements. For tournament play - should a team advance to a World Series, the 3rd coach will be responsible for their own travel and lodging (remember a tournament manager or coach must be selected from the league or division in which they manage or coach).
2. Approved Bats - Cal Ripken Baseball and Babe Ruth Baseball -
1) Cal Ripken Division - All non-wood bats must have the USABat marking. The Barrel maximum is 2 5/8" No BBCOR Bats are permitted in the Cal Ripken Division, bats must be marked with the USABat T-Ball Stamp.
2) Babe Ruth Baseball 13-15 Division - All non-wood bats must have the UASBat Marking or marked BBCOR.50. Bat Barrel - 2 5/8"
3) Babe Ruth Baseball 16-18 Division - All non-wood bats MUST be a BBCOR.50 and no greater than a -3. Barrel - 2 5/8"
3. Rule 11.05; Number 4, Tournament Pitching Rules, Paragraph a. -
Cal Ripken Rookie Division ( 7 to 8 years-olds): No pitcher is allowed to pitch in more than two innings per tournament game, with a pitcher not being permitted to pitch in more than 3 consecutive days/games (including double headers, if applicable). If a pitcher pitches in three (3) consecutive days/games (6 innings max), the pitcher is required a day rest. The 6-inning Max would reset after a day's rest.
Rule 11.05; Number 4 (NOTE)- Tournament Pitching Rule: No pitcher shall appear in a game as a pitcher for three consecutive days/games regardless of the pitch count. ( Exemption 7 to 8 year-old division).
Cal Ripken 9 and Cal Ripken 11 Year-Old Regional Champions-
The league that win their respective 2018 Cal Ripken 9 Year-Old Regional Tournament and 2018 Cal Ripken major 70' 11 Year-Old Regional Tournament will be invited to participate as invitational teams at the 2019 Cal Ripken 10 Year-Old World Series and Cal Ripken major 70' World Series. Babe Ruth Headquarters will prepare explicit Pre-World Series Instructions to be presented to the winners of the 2018 Cal Ripken 9 Year-Old Regional Tournament and the Cal Ripken major 70' 11 Year-Old Regional Tournament that detail their obligations, such as paying their own team travel to and from the 2019 Cal Ripken 10 Year-Old and Cal Ripken major 70' World Series, as well as their meals and lodging at an approved World Series Hotel. The leagues accepting this invitation will be permitted to participate in 2019 Cal Ripken 10 Year-Old and Cal Ripken major 70' District and State competition, but will not be eligible to participate in regional play.
Tournament Team Administration Fee - Beginning with the 2018 season, Babe Ruth League will implement a $25 Tournament Team Administration Fee for the Cal Ripken 9 Year-Old and Cal Ripken 11/70' tournament teams.
Cal Ripken Baseball and Babe Ruth Baseball - Local League and Tournament Play Special Rules and Regulations - FORFEITED GAME:
1) Local League Play - If the local league has elected to use a pitch count for local league play, regardless if a game was forfeited before it become a regulation game or after it become a regulation game, all pitches will count towards the pitch count.
2) Tournament Play (Pitch Count) - If a game was forfeited before it became a regulation game or after it became a regulation game, all pitches will count towards the pitch count.
Coaches Uniforms - Tournament Competition - If coaches wear pullovers jackets, they must have the Cal Ripken Baseball, Babe Ruth Baseball or Babe Ruth Softball approved shoulder emblem on the sleeve or chest. ( No numbers required on the back of the pullovers).
2018 Southern New Jersey State Fees: Each Chartered Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken League shall pay a Southern New Jersey State Fee In the amount of $10.00 per team for those leagues with 10 teams or more. For those leagues with 10 teams or less the Fee will be $100.00.
2018 Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken Bat Rule:
T-Ball - USABat with the T-Ball Stamp.
Cal Ripken Baseball - 2 5/8" Barrel with USABat Marking. No BBCOR Bats
Babe Ruth Baseball 13-16 - 2 5/8 Barrel with USABat or BBCOR.50
Babe Ruth Baseball 16-18 - All Bats Must Be BBCOR.50 No Greater Than -3.
2018 STATE TOURNAMENT DATES
2018 SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY STATE TOURNAMENT DATES
SNJ STATE DATES LOCATION
8 year olds July 12 Mount Laurel
9 year olds July 12 Cherry Hill National
10 year olds July 5 Brick American
11 year olds - 70 ft July 12 Hamilton Little Lads
12 year olds - 60 ft July 5 Mount Laurel
12 year olds - 70 ft July 5 Moorestown
13 year olds July 11 Atlantic Shore
14 year olds July 11 Ewing/Hopewell
13-15 year olds July 11 Millville
16-18 year olds July 13 Open
Dates are Tentative
Applications are Being Accepted NOW
you can find the Application on the left under SNJ State Tournament Brackets.
2017 Southern New Jersey State Champs
8 Year-Old Marlton
9 Year-Old Marlton
10 Year-Old Burlington Twp
11 Year-Old 70' Mount Laurel
12 Year-Old 60' Marlton Rec
12 Year-Old 70' Medford
13 Year-Old Atlantic Shore
14 Year-Old Hamilton/N. Burlington
15 Year-Old West Windsor
16/18 Year-Old- Rep:Hopwell-Ewing
GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE SOUTHERN NJ STATE CHAMPIONS
IN THE MIDDLE ATLANTIC REGIONAL TOURNAMENTS.
Southern New Jersey Babe Ruth Has 5 Regional Champions.
9 Year-Old: Marlton Rec
10 Year-Old: Burlington Township
13 Year-Old: Atlantic Shore
14 Year-Old: Hamilton/Northern Burlington
13/15 Year-Old: West Windsor/Plainsboro
CONGRATULATIONS! Good Luck In Your Perspective World Series.
SNJ State Tournament Host Policy and Procedures
Tournament Fees for all Southern New Jersey State Tournament Starting In 2018 shall be $800.00
It is the Policy of Southern New Jersey Babe Ruth League that all Local League be afforded the
Opportunity to participate in hosting a Southern New Jersey State Tournament so long as their
Facilities and staff present a positive experience for the participants Insofar as possible, State
Tournament shall rotate among eligible organizations in a fair and equitable manner. With that said, tournament shall be awarded based upon the condition of facilities, past performance as a Regional, State, and/or District Tournament Host, schedule of Special Events planned in a community during Tournament
Time, etc. The State Commissioner shall have sole authority in choosing Tournament Host.
Applications to host a Southern New Jersey State Tournament will be accepted at any time. League
Are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Although not an absolute determining factor, the date
Which an Application is received by the State Commissioner may be taken into consideration when determining host sites. All Applications must be in writing and must be accompanied by a $100 dollar
Deposit shall be refundable should an applicant not be awarded a Tournament.
If necessary, a Tournament Site Selection Committee, appointed by the State Commissioner, will evaluate
Tournament Applications and/or Sites.
Awards for Tournament Host shall be made October 1st for the following year's Tournament.
Should there be no eligible applicants for a particular Southern New Jersey State Tournament by the
October 1st date, the State Commissioner reserves the right to solicit and award Tournament Sites
As soon as possible.
Signing of the Southern New Jersey State Tournament Agreement shall take place within 30 days of the
Awarding of the Tournament. Payment of any remaining portion of the Tournament Fee shall be due no later then May 1st .
Locations, Dates, Schedules, and Results for all State Tournament games shall be posted on the Southern New Jersey Babe Ruth Baseball Website.
1) Payment of applicable Tournament Fee
2) Facilities for a pre-tournament Credentials Meeting for Managers/Coaches, and State Babe Ruth Officials
3) A competent Scorekeeper for each game
4) Public Address System (preferred,not mandatory)
5) Adequate Playing Fields, properly groomed and marked for all games
6) A back-up supply of baseball
7) A secure Tournament Officials' area, separated from the general public by fence, rope, or similar barrier
8) Umpires: (2) for each game, and (3) for semi-Final and Championship
9) Official Tournament Baseball
10) Emergency First Aid available
11) Adequate Security for the field(s) and surrounding areas
12) All necessary permits for field(s) usage
13) Sufficient staff and supplies/materials necessary to run a successful Tournament
HOST WILL RETAIN ALL REVENUE GENERATED BY THE SOUTHERN NJ STATE TOURNAMENTS
SNJ Babe Ruth to Supply
1) Plaque for Championship Team
2) Banner/Flag for Championship Teal
3) Individual Awards for all players and coaching staff of Championship Team and Runner-Up Team
4) Commissioner to represent SNJ Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken and administer rules fo the Tournament at all
EACH TEAM PARTICIPATING IN THE SOUTHERN NJ STATE CAL RIPKEN TOURNAMENT SHALL
PAY $300.00 HOST FEE. DIRECTLY TO THE HOST.
EACH TEAM PARTICIPATING IN THE SOUTHERN NJ STATE BABE RUTH TOURNAMEN SHALL PAY $350.00 HOST FEE.
TO HELP OFFSET THE COST OF HOSTING THE STATE TOURNAMENT.
SNJ- DISTRICT # 1 COMMISSIONER = JOHN VILLELLA
E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org (609) 802-4460 cell
HAMILTON LITTLE LADS
HIGHTSTOWN / E.WINDSOR
SNJ- DISTRICT # 3 COMMISSIONR = PAUL WILLIAMS
E-MAIL:email@example.com (856) 466-2568 cell
EGG HARBOR TWP
SNJ - DISTRICT #4 COMMISSIONER = Jo Ann Garrett:
E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org (856) 316-2586 cell
CHERRY HILL YOUTH
CHERRY HILL NATIONAL
CHERRY HILL WEST
SNJ - DISTRICT #5 COMMISSIONER = FRANK HUGHES:
E-MAIL: email@example.com (609) 923-1259 cell
SACRED HEART CYO