Babe Ruth League Tournament Pitching Regulations.
Can Be Found Under The 2017 Tournaments On The Left Side.
2016 RULE CHANGES
The International Board of Directors has approved the following rule changes beginning with the 2016 season. These changes will be reflected in the 2016 Babe Ruth League, Inc. Rules and Regulations
1. Cal Ripken Division - Fake Bunt - Slash Bunt - A batter is out for illegal
action when the player fakes a bunt and then swing. thus eliminating a player from fake bunting the ball. Penalty: Batter is out, the ball is dead, no runners may advance.
2. Cal Ripken Baseball, Babe Ruth 13-15 Baseball, and Babe Ruth 16-18 Baseball - Rule 11.06 Paragraph 7 (NOTE) - A Cal Ripken Baseball (all divisions)
host league, a Babe Ruth 13-15 Baseball (all divisions) host league, and a Babe Ruth Baseball 16-18 host league is given the option of having one or two tournament teams - one team as the host team and one team to compete through the regular tournament competition bracket. At no time is it permissible for a player, manger or coach to appear on more than one tournament team roster in the same season.
3. Tournament Team Administration Fee - Beginning with the 2016 season, Babe Ruth League will implement a Tournament Team Administration Fee to help offset the cost of the Official Tournament Trail leading the Cal Ripken Baseball World Series, Babe Ruth Baseball World Series, and Babe Ruth Softball World Series. Babe Ruth League continues to offer a first-class positive and memorable experience for all players, coaches, families and local league officials. Please note the following fees:
TOURNAMENT ADMINISTRATION FEES:
Cal Ripken Baseball Division
10 - Year-Old Tournament Team - $25
12 - Year-Old Tournament Team Major 60 - $25
12 - Year-Old Tournament Team Major 70 - $25
Babe Ruth Baseball Division
13 - Year-Old Tournament Team - $25
14 - Year-Old Tournament Team - $25
13-15 - Year-Old Tournament Team - $25
16-18 - Year-Old Tournament Team - $ 75
Cal Ripken Baseball and Babe Ruth Baseball - Any Cal Ripken Baseball or Babe Ruth Baseball League may elect to use a pitch count during local league games. For more information on Pitch Counts, please visit www.baberuthleague.org and click on the "Pitch Smart" link.
5. CLARIFICATION - Cal Ripken Baseball, Babe Ruth Baseball - Rule 11.05, Paragraph 10 - All protests concerning player eligibility must be presented in writing from the protesting League President with clear indication of proof for the protest.
6. CLARIFICATION - Cal Ripken Baseball, Babe Ruth Baseball - Rule 0.01, Paragraph 5 (b.) - With the State Commissioner's approval, if the physical location of the school where a player attends classes during the traditional academic year is within the boundaries of an established league, the player is permitted to participate in the established league. (Note: This excludes home schools, cyber schools, sports-related schools, sports academies, or after school where a student participates outside of the primary school in which the player is enrolled.) A player is only eligible to participate in one Cal Ripken; Babe Ruth Baseball League.
7.CLARIFICATION - Babe Ruth Baseball, Cal Ripken Baseball and Babe Ruth Softball - ALCHOHL/TABACCO - (All Divisions) - Babe Ruth League prohibits the use of all alcohol and tobacco products on all field and dugouts for both local league and tournament competition. These products include smokeless tobacco, E-cigarettes, vapors, and all related alcohol products.
CLARIFICATION - Babe Ruth Baseball, Cal Ripken Baseball, and Babe Ruth Softball - Rule 11.04, Documents - NOTE - These documents must stay in possession of the Tournament Director during each tournament level. These same documents shall accompany the team as they advance in tournament competition. Failure to produce the required documentation can result in the disqualification and elimination of a player, team or league from tournament play.
8 YEAR-OLD RULE - at the Middle Atlantic Regional meeting the State commissioners Voted to eliminate the five (5) Run per inning and the Unlimited run in the last inning. all 8 year-old tournaments will be played by the Official Babe Ruth Rules and Regulations except for the pitching rule of two (2) innings per game.
"Reinstatement Fee" Every team participating in the Southern NJ District Tournaments must sign and have a copy of the Reinstatement Terms & Conditions as part of there credential package.