Good Morning Everyone,
As part of the periodic, ongoing information exchange practice, as promised, the following are some of the details associated with the Consolidation announcement the we hope will answer a number of your questions.
We established a Consolidation Transition Team and that Team is spearheading working out the details and plans so that everything is ready for the 2018 Season. The following are the items that have been decided to date:
1. The name will be South County Little League (SCLL) to reflect the expanded boundary.
2. The expanded boundary is a full combination of the previous boundaries of SLL and SMLL.
3. All schools that feed into Boonsboro High School including, the High School are in the SCLL Boundary.
Boonsboro Elementary School
Boonsboro Middle School
Boonsboro High School
Greenbrier Elementary School
Pleasant Valley Elementary School
Sharpsburg Elementary School
Note: By Little League rule, if your player lives in the SCLL boundary or attends any of the above schools in the SCLL boundary, they are eligible to play at SCLL.
4. We are planning to maintain both the Boonsboro and Sharpsburg Field Complexes and will have all activities (Tryouts, practices, Opening Day, games, tournaments, etc.) at BOTH Complexes.
5. We will be Registering for the following Baseball and Softball Divisions of play for the 2018 Season:
Baseball - League Ages 4 through 16 - Tee Ball, Minor (both Coach Pitch and Player Pitch), Major, Intermediate, Junior, and Senior
Softball - League ages 4 through 16 - Minor (both Coach Pitch and Player Pitch), Major, Junior, and Senior
6. Registration Fees for the 2018 Season are:
$ 15.00 for Tee Ball and Coach Pitch
$ 30.00 for all other Divisions for the family's first player and $ 15.00 for an additional family player
A maximum of two (2) Registration Fees per family
7. On-line Registration will begin January 2, 2018
8. In person Registration will begin in February and will be held at locations in both Boonsboro and Sharpsburg
NOTE: We are accepting applications for Managers NOW and the Manager Application From is attached for your convenience. If you are interested in being a Manager for the 2018 Season, please fill out the attached and return the completed form to either Jeff or me using the contact information provided below. If you have any questions on being a Manager, please contact either of us. As with previous years, there will be FREE training clinics, both for rules (Baseball and Softball - all Divisions of play) and managers/coaches (at the various Division levels) in February and March to keep you up to date on the rules and provide you with the tools your need to be an effective and successful manager. Details on these opportunities will be provided in the next news e-mail.
As always, if you have any question, need additional information, or would like to discuss anything SCLL - please do not hesitate to contact either Jeff or me at your convenience.
Enjoy your week!
Ernie and Jeff