Welcome to the home of the
Coventry Softball Inc.
Coventry Baseball & Coventry Softball - 1st Annual WIFFLE Ball Tournament - to Benefit Breast Cancer
Coventry Baseball & Coventry Softball have teamed up to support a cause near and dear to each other’s hearts.
As we know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month & the month to Think Pink. To further the important work of finding a cure, our respective Baseball & Softball families have organized our First Annual WIFFLE Ball Tournament, scheduled for Sunday October 22, 2017 from 11:00am – 1:00pm at Miller Richardson Park in Coventry (Rain date is Sunday October 29th).
Below are the details of this super fun event which we really hope becomes an annual tradition:
· Entry Fee is $10 per player, with 100% of the proceeds to be donated directly to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (www.bcrf.org). Cash please. Pay at registration table the day of the event.
· Teams of 4 players will participate in a double elimination tournament within each age division.
· All Boys or All Girls & Co-Ed teams are encouraged to form and register as a team.
· If you don’t have a team of 4 – no worries – we will help pair you up with your friends the day of the tournament
· 2 age divisions:
o Ages 6-9 – Minors Division
o Ages 10-13 – Majors Division
· Everyone is welcome to play - you don’t have to be a Coventry Baseball or Coventry Softball player to play (just be age-eligible please)
· Everyone should wear Pink that day
· Refreshments and Pizza will be served.
Some of the Game Play Rules (for those super-competitive teams!)
· 45’ diamond, 80’ home run fence
· 4 players per team, with one player playing catcher at all times
· Parent Volunteer will be the automatic pitcher and rules official for each game
· 3 outs per inning, no walks, no hit basemen
· 3 inning game
· If tied after 3 innings, Home Run Derby will decide the winner
· No “Pegs” allowed
· Official un-altered WIFFLE Balls will be used
· Official WIFFLE “Tapped” Bats can be used, but both teams will need to agree prior to the start of the game to use the same bat
Registration deadline is Monday, October 16th. Please email me with your player name. if you have formed a team, email me with all player names. Also, if you wish to volunteer that day (being a pitcher, helping with refreshments, helping at registration, helping at clean up) let me know that as well
We hope you are just as excited as we are about this new event. We can see BIG things for this event in the future but we need great participation to make it a reality.
CYBA Vice President
For a complete calendar listing, click here!