- Spring Sign-ups Start on January 1st, 2018
- Take Part in Indoor Winter Warm-ups, Sundays in Jan & Feb
- Looking for volunteers and coaches for the spring season.
Click Here for more details.
Now Registering for the 2018 Spring Softball Season
(click on link)
Every Sunday in January & February (2:30PM - 5:00PM) - Northeast High School (1121 Duvall Hwy - Gym Side Entrance)
Mail In Your Registration
SIGN-UP EARLY TO TAKE PART IN THE WINTER INDOOR WARM-UPS AND
TO GUARANTEE YOUR SPOT ON A TEAM BEFORE AGE GROUPS REACH CAPACITY!!!
(includes jersey and visor)
If you need more info:
2018 Winter Indoor Warm-ups
- Northeast High School - 1121 Duvall Highway
- Open and free for all 2018 Havenwood Spring Players
- Players Must Arrive 10 Minutes Before Scheduled Start Times
- Weather & unexpected closures will be posted on our website and Facebook page
- No drinks, other than water, are allowed inside the gym
- All players must wear tennis shoes & bring a glove. Players can bring additional equipment, if available.
- Pitchers must bring a catcher (we encourage parents to catch for their daughter)
- Pitching Clinics are Progressive - Pitchers should be dedicated to participating all or most weeks.
Take Note of the Revised Schedule for February 25th!!!
This is our final day of indoor warm-ups and scheduled walk-in sign-ups for 2018.
10U / 12U Player Evaluations will also be held on the 25th.
- All 10U & 12U players must sign-in in the lobby and get a number, prior to evaluations.
- It gets crowded at the sign-in table. Please arrive 15 - 20 minutes before your scheduled start time.
- Any 10U or 12U player intending to pitch this season, should also show up during the pitching times.
- Pitchers should bring a catcher (parent, older sibling, friend, ect.)
- Players should bring gloves, tennis shoes and catching gear (if you have your own). Bats & Helmets are not required this year.
- Catchers should bring gear & identify that they are interested in catching when registering. We will have some gear available.
- Catcher evaluations will take place during the main evaluation times.
Revised Schedule for February 25th
Fan T-Shirts are back again for 2018. Show support for your team by wearing a Havenwood Softball Fan T-Shirt. Fan T-Shirts can also be pre-ordered during the online registration process.
DON'T WAIT!!!! We will only submit one order for Fan Shirts. Orders will be cut-off approximately one month before games start. We will then order fan shirts and distribute them when the spring season starts!!!!
All shirt colors may not be available in all sizes. If a shirt size is not available, it will be substituted with a neutral color. If you have more than one daughter playing and they are in different age groups, each girl may have a different team color.
To Order Your Fan T-Shirts, click on the link below.
Two Additional Orioles Promotions for This Year's Orioles Day
First 20,000 Fans (18 & Over) Get a Free Pashmina Scarf
Kids Run the Bases - All Kids (Ages 4 to 14) Can Run the Bases After the Game
Havenwood Girls Softball is going back to Camden Yards in 2018
Game: Baltimore Orioles vs. Tampa Bay Devil Rays (game time 1:05 pm)
Seating: Sections 346-352 (behind dugout -- click here for seating chart)
Ticket Price: $12.00 (everyone that enters the park must purchase a ticket, including players)
We have a limited number of tickets available, and usually sell out early.
The deadline to purchase tickets is April 28th (or when we run out of tickets before then)
Cash, Check or Online Payment via Credit Card are accepted. No Refunds.
Tickets will be distributed in early May and must be picked up from your team manager. No tickets will be delivered to any address. Do not purchase tickets if you are not affiliated with Havenwood Girls Softball. No Refunds will be issued.
If you have any questions, please contact Charlene Farley @ 410-437-2388 or Charlene@HavenwoodGirlsSoftball.org
Click Here to Purchase Tickets Online
This program is designed for the entry level and younger player. As safety is our number one concern, a 10 inch Incrediball is used (a “softer” version softball). We keep the teams small so that each child gets a lot of playing time and not a lot of standing or sitting around. In addition, the player gets a lot more individual coaching time. Of course with smaller teams, each child gets more at bats, which we all know is their favorite thing to do at this age.
Now your asking yourself, what is 6U Modified T-Ball?
The teams are made up of girls who are league age 4-6 years of age. This allows the girls to play with girls of similar age so they can learn together at a similar pace.
The key difference between T-Ball and Modified T-Ball is that the coach will pitch a few times to the batter and if the batter does not hit the ball, the ball is put on a Tee. You will find this is fast moving and a lot more exciting than T-ball and has a guaranteed success rate. Also, with more players hitting, the fielders are more engaged and having fun.
At this age level, the rules are more relaxed as we focus on safety, fun and learning first. For example, if a child is uncomfortable with coach pitch, then she can immediately hit off the Tee until she is ready for coach pitch.
Travel for this age group is very limited. Most games are played in Pasadena and nearby Glen Burnie.