Last Updated: September 23, 2016
ARYSL GOAL RUSH CLASSIC Tournament Rules 2016
September 24, 2016
CAL NORTH SANCTIONED TOURNAMENT
INFORMATION AND RULES
This tournament is sanctioned by the California Youth Soccer Association Board of Directors
1. Tournament Information:
Name of Tournament: ARYSL Goal Rush Classic
Name of Hosting League: American River Youth Soccer League
Date of Tournament: September 24 & 25, 2016
Number of Teams: TBD
Age Group(s), Division(s) and Gender(s): U10, U11, U12, U13, U14, U15, U16, U19; Div. 3 (Bronze, Copper, Silver);
Boys & Girls. The Tournament Committee may if they deem it in the best interest of the players, teams and tournament combine 2 adjacent age groups that have less than 5 qualified and appropriate teams in either age group into one age group.
Tournament is: Unrestricted
US Youth Soccer State Associations & Affiliates
2. Tournament Director Information:
Name: Andy Stevens
Mailing Address: 8172 Walnut Villa Way Fair Oaks CA 95628
Phone & FAX Number: 916-281-5467 E-Mail Address: email@example.com
Tournament Website Address: www.ARYSLGoalRushClassic.com
3. Entry Fees: $450.00: U10-U11, $550.00: U12-U19 per team. Make check payable to:ARYSL Goal Rush Classic
4. Guest Player Policy:
A maximum of 3 (three) guest players will be accepted in this tournament.
Guest players will be allowed in accordance with Cal North Guest Player Policies. Teams other than Cal North teams must abide by the Cal North guest player policies. Guest players attending a Cal North Tournament with another State Association, US Soccer Affiliate or foreign teams must have a valid member pass, consent for medical treatment form, and be listed on the appropriate travel forms. Guest players must use credentials from the same season as those being used by the team with which they are playing
5. Cal North Application Policies/Procedures:
Teams may apply to only one tournament per weekend unless they have received a rejection notification from a tournament OR they have properly withdrawn from a tournament. Teams that inappropriately apply to more than one tournament on a given weekend face financial and disciplinary sanctions by the District and/or Cal North. Teams may play in only one age group/gender classification in any given tournament on one weekend. The tournament has the right to close any and all age groups that are completely full prior to the application deadline. The tournament may eliminate a division if a lack of sufficient number of applicants for that division is received. Teams will be notified of a division closing within seven days following the application deadline.
Tournament application deadline: September 9, 2016
Notification of team acceptance or rejection will be sent to every timely applicant by September 9, 2016.
Rejected teams entry fees must be refunded on the date the rejection notice is sent to the team.
6. Selection Process:
Teams will be selected based on the following criteria:
· Selection based on team’s win-loss record
· Selection based on geographic considerations that will provide opportunities for a variety of districts and/or states
· Selection based on the Tournament Committee Decisions
7. Refund Policy: A full refund will be given if an accepted team withdraws by the application date. If an accepted team withdraws after the application date they will be refunded if a paying replacement team is found by September 18, 2016. When the tournament has properly notified a team of their acceptance the tournament is entitled to retain all or a portion of the entry fee for a team requesting withdrawal from their tournament
8. Cal North Withdrawal Policies/Procedures:
A team wishing to withdraw from a tournament must send a written notification to the tournament director (this may include email) of their decision to withdraw no less than 14 days prior to the start of the tournament.
Failure to do so may result in a minimum $300 team penalty assessed by the tournament as well as forfeiture of tournament entry fees) Teams that have submitted a timely application and that have not received notification from a tournament director of the acceptance or rejection six weeks prior to the tournament may withdraw without penalty and apply to another tournament and the team’s entry fee will be refunded in full. The tournament director will provide written acknowledgement of the withdrawal to the team which will include directions regarding any financial consequences and/or penalties associated with the team’s withdrawal.
Headquarters Location: Cherry Island Soccer Complex, 2699 U Street, Rio Linda CA 95673
List all playing sites:
Cherry Island Soccer Complex, 2699 U Street, Rio Linda CA 95673
Any other facilities deemed safe, appropriate and needed to facilitate the proper execution of the tournament.
10. Credentials Requirements:
Credentials from the 2016-2017 season(s) will be accepted in this tournament.
Teams will be grouped based on the age group matrix for the 2016-2017 season.
Each team must declare at the time they apply which Affiliate or State Organization has sanctioned their participation in the tournament and which credentials they will use in the tournament. The team must use the credentials issued by the organization that has sanctioned their participation in the tournament as declared on their application.
The following credentials must be presented at the mandatory team credentials check-in:
A. A properly approved official team roster, including guest player approvals, issued by the team’s governing organization.
B. Properly approved member passes from the same seasonal year for each player (including guest players). All members pass for the team and the team’s guest players must be issued by the same governing organization.
C. A properly completed medical release and hold harmless declaration signed in original ink by the parent or guardian (or by the player in the instance where the player is 18 years of age) for each player and guest player. (Generally these are on the back of the player pass. Separate medical releases are not needed if this information is present on the player pass.)
D. Each team must have at least one properly credentialed adult (coach) present on the sidelines of each match.
E. In addition to being checked at the pre-tournament credentials check-in, all members’ passes will be checked prior to the beginning of each match.
For Teams With Greater Than 18 Players On Their Official Roster
For teams with greater than 18 players on their official team roster but not more than the maximum allowed by CYSA policy, the following shall apply:
A. No more than 18 players will be allowed to be utilized in any single match.
B. At Team Check In before each match, the coach or their designate shall present the 18 players that will be playing in the respective match, their respective player passes, and indicate on the game card which players will NOT participate in the match. The coach will keep the players passes of non-participating players separate from those participating in the respective match.
C. Players not participating in the match while at the field or in the technical area MUST NOT wear a team jersey of any kind, official or non-official.
D. The coach may make changes with regards to which 18 players will be utilized up to the time that the team’s check in takes place prior to the respective next match.
11. Mandatory Credentials Check-In
Each team is required to have their team credentials checked in at a mandatory pre-tournament check in at:
Location: Tournament Headquarters at the Cherry Island Soccer Complex
Date: Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 1 Hour Before their first game.
Teams failing to attend the mandatory check-in without prior approval of the tournament director will forfeit their games.
12. Length of Games and Half Time period (list each age group):
Age Group Preliminary Games Consolation and Championship Games
U-10 and U-11 20 minute halves/ 5-minute half time period 25 minutes halves/ 5-minute half time period
All U-10 & U-11 will play 7v7 on a bantam sized field.
U-12 25 minute halves/ 5 minute half time period 25 minutes halves/ 5 minute half time period
All U-12 will play 9v9 on a smaller sized field
U-13 and U-14 30 minute halves/ 5 minute half time period 30 minutes halves/ 5 minute half time period
U-15 and U-16 30 minute halves/ 5 minute half time period 30 minutes halves/ 5 minute half time period
U-17, U-18 and U-19 30 minute halves/ 5 minute half time period 30 minutes halves/ 5 minute half time period
No injury time will be added or allowed during the preliminary games. In preliminary games ties will stand. If a championship or consolation game is tied at the end of regulation play, the game will be decided by penalty kicks as per FIFA laws of the game. At the discretion of the Tournament Committee, overtime periods may be shortened or eliminated if the game has been significantly delayed at the start. The length of any game may be shortened to shorter but equal halves if the Tournament Committee deems it necessary due to field conditions, weather or darkness.
13. Mandatory Rest Periods
Teams and players must be given a minimum rest period of two hours between games. The rest period will commence when a team’s or player’s match ends and will end when the team’s or player’s subsequent match begins.
Unlimited substitutions are allowed with referee approval in the following situations:
Prior to a throw in for one’s own team, OR if the team in possession makes a substitution, the team not in possession may substitute.
Prior to a goal kick by either team
Prior to the restart of the game following a goal being scored by either team
Prior to the restart of the game for the second half
Prior to the restart of the game following an injured player being removed from the field (either team may sub)
Prior to the restart of the game following a player being cautioned, the referee will give the coach the choice of substituting the cautioned player. (The player could re-enter at his/her team’s next substitution opportunity.)
Any player, coach assistant coach or registered team official who is sent off will automatically be suspended from their next game. The send off report will be forwarded to the Tournament Director and Tournament Disciplinary Committee. Section 4:05 of the California Youth Soccer Association Bylaws will be used to assess the minimum mandatory penalties. Additional penalties may be imposed. Send-off reports and member passes, which must retained if the penalty has not been served in its entirety, will be forwarded to the team’s District Commissioner. Any additional disciplinary action over and above that assessed by the Tournament Committee will be at the discretion of the member’s District or Cal North disciplinary committees.
16. Scoring System:
Maximum number of points allowable per game: 10
6 Points for a win
3 Points for a tie
1 Bonus point for a shutout win to the winning team or to each team in a 0-0 tie.
1 Point per goal, up to a maximum of 3 points per game
Forfeited games will be scored as 1 to 0 (8 points) in favor of the team that did not forfeit. In the case a team withdrawing at the last minute or not showing, all preliminary games for that team will be scored as a forfeit.
17. Tie Breaking Procedure:
In case of a tie in tournament points following the completion of preliminary games, the advancing team will be determined based on the following criteria in the order specified:
A. Head to Head competition – team that won the head to head competition between the teams that are tied will advance (should there be a tie in tournament points between three or more teams, the tie-breaking procedure begins with #B below.)
B. Team with the fewest losses advances.
C. When and if only two teams remain tied at any point while using this procedure, the order of tie breaking will recommence at #A above.
D. Team with the highest goal differential advances (goals scored by a team minus goals allowed by a team, not to exceed a differential of 4 goals in any one match).
E. Team with fewest goals allowed advances.
F. Team with most goals scored advances (not to exceed 4 goals counted for any one match).
G. Kicks from the penalty spot as per FIFA rules. The team with the most successful kicks advances.
ALL GAME RESULTS WILL BE CONSIDERED FINAL AND NO PROTEST OF THEIR OUTCOME IS ALLOWED
Under 9, Under 10 and Under 11 games must be played in the 7 vs 7 format.
Under 12 must be played in the 9 vs. 9 format.
Each team in the tournament is guaranteed a minimum of 3 (three) games (forfeited games will count in game minimum.)
19. Preliminary Play:
4 Team Divisions
· Four team divisions shall be made up of one flight with all four teams.
· Each team will play the others within its flight for a total of three (3) games in the preliminary round.
· At the end of the preliminary round the two teams with the highest number of points will play in the championship game.
· There will be no consolation game in four team divisions.
· Ties will be broken according to the tiebreaker procedure listed previously.
5 Team Divisions
· Five team divisions shall be made up of one flight with all five teams.
· Each team will play the others within its flight for a total of four (4) games,
· The team with the highest number of points will be declared the champion.
· The teams with the second and third highest point total will be placed in the second and third place positions respectively.
· Ties will be broken according to the tiebreaker procedure listed previously
6 Team Divisions (All Other Divisions)/Crossover Format
Six team divisions shall be made up of two flights of three teams in each flight. Each team will play the other three teams in the opposite flight for a total.of 3 preliminary games.
After the three preliminary games, the top 4 teams will be placed in the finals and consolation matches based on total points. The team with the highest total points will be team #1, and they will play the team with the 2nd highest points in the championship match. The teams with the 3rd and 4th highest point totals will play in the consolation match.
Ties will be broken according to the tie breaker procedure mentioned already.
8 Team Divisions
· Eight team divisions shall be made up of two flights of four teams in each flight.
· Each team will play only teams within their flight.
· Flight winners from each of the two flights will advance to the championship game.
· The two teams with the second highest number of points in each flight will advance to the consolation game.
· Ties will be broken according to the tiebreaker procedure listed previously.
10 Team Divisions
12 Team Divisions
· Twelve team divisions shall be made up of four flights of three teams in each flight
· Each team will play each team within their flight on the first day.
· The team with the most points in each division after their second game plays the team with the second highest points in the adjacent division in the following manner: A1 vs. B2, B1 vs. A2, C1 vs. D2, D1 vs. C2, in a semi-final match. Any ties at this point shall be broken according to the tiebreaker procedure listed previously.
· From the Semi-final matches, Top Points of combined flights A & B will play Top Points of combined flights C & D in the championship game; Second highest points of combined flights A & B plays second highest points of combined flights C & D in consolation match.
Finals: Championship & Consolation Matches
· Both teams will share a sideline for their respective technical (bench) areas. Coaching will only be allowed from their respective technical area. The sideline occupied by both teams will be the one designated as the Home Team side of the field during preliminary play.
· All spectators will be on the opposite side of the field. No individual is allowed on the team side of the field in these games unless they are a credentialed member of one of the teams participating in the game.
· The Home Team shall be the team with the greatest amount of tournament points during preliminary play. The Home Team will have choice of which half of the shared side will be their technical area and will be obligated to change jersey color should the referee of the match deem it necessary.
· In the case of a tie the Home Team will be chosen via a coin toss by the Tournament Director, Referee Director, or a designee of the Tournament Director and the two respective coaches.
· In the case of a tie at the end of game play during Final/Consolation Matches the teams will immediately proceed to kicks from the penalty spot per FIFA rules
One team trophy will be given for the 1st , 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place teams, as well as individual medals.
In 4 team divisions with no consolation game, no medals or team trophies will be awarded for 3rd & 4th place.
In 5 team divisions, a team trophy and individual medals will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams.
All players will receive a tournament pin.
21. Start Times and Forfeitures:
Teams must be at the field 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time of their game in order to be checked in by referees or Field Marshalls at the respective Field Marshall Tents using the following guidelines for the Cherry Island Complex;
Field Marshall Tent #1 (FM1): Fields 1, 2, 3 & 3A and 3B.
Field Marshall Tent #2 (FM2): Fields 4, 4A, 4B, & 5 and 6 and 7
Field Marshall Tent #3 (FM3): Fields 8, 9 and 10
Games will be started within 5 minutes of the designated start time. If a team has not taken the field with a minimum of seven (7) players for U12 and older or five (5) players for U10 & U11 within the 5 minute grace period, the game will be forfeited to the team that has taken the field with at least seven (7) players if they are U12 or older or five (5) players if they are U10 or U11. If neither team takes the field within the 5-minute grace period, no points will be awarded to either team and the game will be declared a double forfeit.
The referee and/or Tournament Committee may terminate a game and award a forfeit if a team leaves the field during the game without the approval of the referee, the referee abandons a match due to excessive violent conduct and/or misconduct by the players, coaches or fans, or a team is deemed to be in gross violation of US Youth Soccer, CYSA, or rules of this Tournament.
22. Home Team:
The team listed first on the game schedule is the home team and shall have their choice of which side of the field to take for their technical area, unless specified either in the tournament rules or in the tournament program. At the Cherry Island Soccer Complex the Home Team shall take the WEST side line on fields #1, 6, 7, 8, 9, & 10; the NORTH side line on fields #2 and #3; the SOUTH side line on field #4; the EAST sideline on field #5; and the.
Should there be a conflict in jersey colors, the home team will change colors. The referee will determine if there is a conflict in jersey colors or keeper jersey colors.
The Home Team will provide 3 Match-Quality & properly inflated soccer balls to the referee before each match for their approval and for match play.
23. Game Card and Game Balls:
The tournament will provide all game cards.
The Home Team will provide 3 Match-Quality & properly inflated soccer balls to the referee before each match for their approval and for match play.
24. Sportsmanship and Conduct:
Good sportsmanship is expected of all teams, officials and fans. Coaches are responsible for the conduct of their players, staff, parents and affiliated spectators.
It is encouraged that any cautioned player should be substituted out.
It is encouraged that teams should refrain from excessive scoring/goal differentials (6 or more).
25. Injuries and Medical Assistance:
Any injuries must be reported to a tournament official so that an accident report form can be completed. A tournament official will call 911 for an injury at the coach or parent’s request.
26. Weather Conditions:
If deemed necessary by the Tournament Committee, games may be shortened or cancelled due to extreme weather conditions.
27. Tournament Cancellation
If the tournament must be cancelled due to inclement weather, acts of civil disobedience, war, destruction of facilities or other circumstances deemed by the Cal North State Tournament Committee to be beyond the control of the hosting league, the tournament may retain up to 30% of the entry fee once the tournament’s expenses are verified and approved by the Cal North Tournament Committee Chairman. Refunds of no less than 70% of the team’s entry fee will be postmarked and mailed to the teams within 45 days of the approved tournament date.
Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages or controlled substances is expressly prohibited at any of the sport fields or complexes. Any team (including players, coaches, parents and affiliated spectators) found violating these rules will automatically forfeit all games played, face possible expulsion from the tournament and will not be invited to any future tournaments hosted by this league. Use of tobacco products is prohibited at this tournament. Use of tobacco products on the grounds of any public school facility is a violation of California State Law.
For risk management reasons pets are prohibited. Referees will be instructed to abandon a game if, after being asked to do so, any person affiliated with the team refuses to remove a pet from the area of the soccer field, or if after being asked to do so, any person affiliated with the team refuses to cease the use of tobacco products in the area of the soccer field.
All Portable Shelters (EZ ups, tents, etc.) must be secured with either stakes or sandbags.
29. Team Infractions
Infractions apply to offenses committed by teams that have been officially accepted to tournaments. A team is considered formally accepted into a tournament when it receives a timely acceptance notice. At the tournaments discretion an Infraction Report may be filed and penalties and fines may be levied against the offending team. Teams may be penalized for an infraction when the following criteria is met:
1. LATE WITHDRAWAL
2. GAME FORFEITURE
3. SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS TO MULTIPLE TOURNAMENTS ON ONE WEEKEND
4. USE OF FALSIFIED CREDENTIALS
5. ALLOWING AN INELIGIBLE, UNCREDENTIALED OR IMPROPERLY CREDENTIALED PLAYER TO PARTICIPATE
When the tournament chooses to file an Infraction Report with Cal North, the team will forfeit its entry fee and be fined $300 for a first violation. Subsequent violations may result in a team being placed in bad standing or other sanctions.
30. Heading of the Soccer Ball
Heading of the soccer ball will not be allowed for the U12, U11, and U10 teams. To make this simpler NO heading will be allowed on fields 3 and 4.
31. Tournament Committee:
The tournament committee shall consist of the Tournament Director and any other pre-designated Tournament Officials.
TEAM CHECK-IN INSTRUCTIONS
Hello! It is the final stretch into the 33rd Annual ARYSL Goal Rush Weekend and I would like to hit on a few very important points for you to be on top of:
* Please review and be familiar with the Tournament Rules, located at ARYSLGoalRushClassic.com. There is important information that you need to be aware of. Among them is which sideline each team takes on each field etc. You might even want to have a Team Manager designated to be on top of this to spread the news out to all of your families. We have this there so everyone knows where they need to go for each game; no guesswork needed. I appreciate how much work it is herding your players and their families to the proper location. It also outlines which Field Marshall Tent covers which fields at Cherry Island.* Team Check In: We have done away with Friday night check ins. Your check-in will be 1 hour BEFORE your first match, at the site of your first match. At Cherry Island they will be on the north end of the snack bar.* To make check in go smoothly and quickly please have the following ready to go: * Your Goldenrod/Official Team Roster * All of your Player Passes, properly endorsed and laminated, in the order they appear on your Goldenrod/Official Team Roster. * Properly filled out and signed medical release forms and/or registration forms. * If you are bringing guest players (we allow up to three) you will have to have ALL of the proper paper work and corresponding player passes. check with your registrar if you need help with this. If ANYTHING is amiss we cannot let that particular child play, no exceptions. * After you check in you will still need to proceed to the proper Field Marshall Tent for your proper pre-game.* Go to, and have your families go to https://events.gotsport.com/events/getscores.aspx?EventID=39916 to sign up to receive text alerts and/or email alerts for game results/field changes etc. for any age group in the tournament.
* No player may play with any cast on. NO EXCEPTIONS. * Parking at Cherry Island Soccer Complex is $8.00 per day per car or $15.00 for the weekend. No tailgating and RV's are not allowed. * Big Joe's BBQ will be serving breakfast at Cherry Island as well. There will be plenty of nutritious, delicious and fairly priced food at Cherry Island. That's about it. Maps and addresses are located on the web sites; please look there for anything that you may need. We have ordered up some really nice low to mid 80's weather for you as well. See you all Soon, Amber CoppedgeTournament Director33rd Annual ARYSL Goal Rush Classic
Receive Score & Schedule Updates On Your Cell Phone, Smart Phone and Portable Digital Device!
TOURNAMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
Andy StevensTournament Director(916) 281-5467call /text for address