- Youth NE Wrestling Championships North Andover (03/10/18 - 03/11/18)
- ONCE YOU'VE WRESTLED - EVERYTHING ELSE IN LIFE IS EASY." (Olympic Gold Medalist, Dan Gable)
- NO EXCUSES JUST RESULTS!
- WIN or LOSE, all that matters is – U stepped on the mat, U gave 100%, & U had some fun in the proces
- NE YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIPS - MUST PRE-REGISTER ONLINE BY MARCH 5TH AT 11PM
Wilmington Youth Wrestling
Youth NE Wrestling Championships North Andover (03/10/18 - 03/11/18)
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER ONLINE BY MARCH 5TH AT 11PM
WILDCARD CODE: "DNP" (select DNP from dropdown to petition to get in if you missed a qualifying event)
Coach Fox will be running one or two tourney preps @ Ironclad MMA, Wilmington (Dates TBD)
(5-8) States @ Reading HS
MYWA 5-8 STATES are on Sunday, February 18th @ Reading Memorial HS
(NOTE: ON OUR CALENDAR IT STATES BIG EAST DIRECTIONS, BUT WE ALL KNOW IT'S REFERRING TO THE (5-8) STATES. THERE'S A GLITCH IN THIS WEB SERVICE OR READING'S WEBSITE WHEN IMPUTTING READING AS A VENUE--COACH FOX)
This is an important MYWA announcement!
Brackets are not online!
Weigh-ins will be the same time as the skin check on the flier: Novice 7:15 - 8:15; Middle School 10:30-11:30.
Everyone MUST weigh in on the same day of the event - no exceptions.
CHANGING WEIGHT CLASSES IS PROHIBITED.
If your wrestler does not make weight they cannot wrestle.
Visit our website for rules and more information.
READING SCRIMMAGE THURS, FEB 8TH @ 5:30PM
CONGRATS TO OUR 2018 5-8 SECTIONAL WRESTLERS & MEDALIST!!!
I can speak on behalf of all the coaches and parents - that a big shout out is in order for Luke, Dante, Dempsey, Ryan, and Julian, for competing at yesterday's (2/4/18) , always difficult, Northeast 5-8 Sectionals in Methuen, MA. Still waiting on a final confirmation (due to Luke's bracket structure- and speaking of Luke, your grit and determination are unmatched), but outside of that ALL OF OUR WRESTERS QUALIFIED FOR THE 5-8 STATES in two weeks. We are proud of each and every one of you! You know my mantra, win-lose-or-draw, all that matters is -- you stepped on the mat, you gave it your all, and (hopefully) learned while also having some fun in the process. And, without further ado, a huge congrats is in order for our medalists, as follows:
- 3rd Placer RYAN COPSON (Won 4 out of 5 matches. Simply put, wrestled tough, faced adversity, and competed at a highest level to secure a top seed in the upcoming states)
- 3rd Placer DANTE GIAMPAOLO (Wrestled back to win-by-pin in a critical final match)
- 4th Placer DEMPSEY MURPHY (Wrestled back to secure top 4 in a tough bracket)
- 5th Placer JULIEN CELLA (Wrestled extremely well. As mentioned to his mom, a cpl of tweaks along with working the room, and he's on top of the podium)
IMPORTANT: Tomorrow's (Tues, 2/6) practice is exclusive to (and will be focused on) the aforementioned wrestlers, any other (5-8) wrestlers who'd like to attend (plz RSVP), and/or by coaches discretion/invitation. All other K-4 wrestlers, we'll see you this Thursday for the Reading scrimmage. Please visit our calendar for details.
CONGRATS TO OUR 2018 K-4 STATES WRESTLERS & MEDALISTS!
Hello Folks- I think I can speak on behalf of all the coaches and parents that a big shout out is in order for Shane, Lex, Dominic, Landon, Ryan B., Brandon, Nicholas, Brody, Justice, Michael B., Nolan, and Tommy, for showing up to compete at yesterday's K-4 States Tournament! We are proud of each and every one of you! You know my mantra, win-lose-or-draw, all that matters is -- you stepped on the mat, you gave it your all, and (hopefully) had some fun in the process. And, without further ado, a huge congrats is in order for our medalists, as follows
EXCELLENT JOB 2017/18 K-4 WILMINGTON WRESTLING WRESTLERS!
-- Coach Fox
MYWA 2017-2018 SECTIONALS & BIG EAST: Assignments/Weigh-in Locations/Info
MYWA 2017-2018 Big East, and Sectionals assignments and weigh-in locations:
Satellite Weigh-In Locations for 5-8 Sectionals
- Haverhill Citizen Center 10 Welcome Street, Haverhill, MA. – 02/02/2018, 5:30-7:00 PM
- North Attleborough Middle School, 564 Landry, Ave.- 02/01/2018, 6:00-8:00 PM
- The Dungeon Training Center at 285 Circuit Street in Hanover – 02/01/2018, 5:00 – 6:00 PM
- NE Gold 842 Upper Union Street, Franklin, MA – 02/03/2018, 11:00 AM-12: 00 PM
- GH2 Fitness, 512 Main St. Holden MA. 02/02/2018, 7:00 PM-8:00 PM
- Woburn Memorial High School at 88 Montvale Avenue, Woburn, MA 01801, 02/02/2018 6:00-8:00 PM
- Wayland HS Gym, 264 Old Connecticut Path, Wayland – 02/02/2018, 4:30 – 6:00 PM
- Mercury Rising 29 Andover Street, Danvers, MA – 02/02/2018, 5:00-7: 00 PM
- Fitchburg Monty Tech Vocational School, 050 Westminster St – 02/01/2018, 6:30-7: 30 PM
- Josiah Quincy Upper School, 55 Arlington St., (Marginal Street Entrance) Boston, Thurs, 02/01/18, 4:00– 6:00 pm
- Taconic HS, 96 Valentine Rd, Pittsfield, MA 01201. Thursday 2/1/18, 530-7pm
- Agawam HS, 760 Cooper St, Agawam, MA 01001, Thursday 2/1/18, 530-7pm
- Memorial School, 310 Main St, Wilbraham, MA 01095, Friday 2/2/18, 530-7PM
MYWA wrestling dates and venues
Want to know what sectional your town is assigned? Click here to download the 2018 Sectional Assignments.
2017/2018 North/East Sectionals
Date: SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 4TH
Location: Methuen High School Field House, 1 Ranger Rd, Methuen
Host Team: Methuen Youth Wrestling
2017/2018 5-8 States (ONLY TOP 8 VIA SECTIONALS)
Date: Sunday, February 18th
Location: RMHS Memorial HS, 62 Oakland Road, Reading
Host Team: Red Roost Wrestling Club
Register here for sectionals/states series: http://bit.ly/2018-MYWA-PostSeason
2017/2018 5-8 Big East
Date: Sunday, February 11th
Location: Madison Park, 55 Malcolm X Boulevard, Boston
Host Team: Boston Youth Wrestling
Register here for the Big East: http://bit.ly/2018-MYWA-BigEast
Complete 2018 MYWA Tournament Schedule & Weigh-in Info
K-4 States (last chance weigh-ins): •Mercury Rising 29 Andover Street, Danvers, MA – 01/26/2018, 5:00-7:00PM
Hi Folks- Here's a breakdown of all of the upcoming 2017/2018 MYWA Tourneys to help with your scheduling: https://mayouthwrestling.com/events/tournment/ (yes, they spelled tournament incorrectly in the address :))
IMPORTANT: Please register by the Registration Deadline (which has now been changed from Jan 29th to Jan 26th by MYWA) or you will pay $10 more/wrestler. We are a MYWA member, so you will save $10/wrestler, whether before or after the deadline. IMPORTANT(2): Please read (in the link above) "Registration And Fees all Tournaments" and respective "Age and Weight Classes" for a complete description/instructions.
TOURNEY SCHEDULE AS FOLLOWS:
***(K-4) State Tournament: Sunday, January 28th Location: Wayland High School Field House, 264 Old Conn. Path, Wayland, MA
Register here for K-4: http://bit.ly/2018-MYWA-K4
Weigh-ins: Woburn Memorial High School at 88 Montvale Avenue, Woburn, MA 01801 – 1/24/2018, 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Alternate Weigh-in locations: https://mayouthwrestling.com/satellite-weigh-in-locations-for-k-4-states/
AGAIN, IF YOUR SON IS COMPETING IN THE K-4 STATES, U MUST REGITER AND WEIGH-IN ON OR BEFORE JANUARY 26TH WITH NO EXCEPTIONS!
***(5-8) North/East Sectionals: Sunday, February 4th Location: Methuen High School Field House, 1 Ranger Rd, Methuen, MA
***(5-8) States (Top 8 sectionals): Sunday, February 18th
Location: RMHS Memorial HS, 62 Oakland Road, Reading, MA
Register here for the sectionals/states series: http://bit.ly/2018-MYWA-PostSeason
***(5-8) Big East: Sunday, February 11th
Location: Madison Park, 55 Malcolm X Boulevard, Boston, MA
Register here for the Big East: http://bit.ly/2018-MYWA-BigEast
As always, feel free to contact me at email@example.com with any questions.
1st Practice 2017-18 Season, Tues., 11/28/17 @ 6-8PM!!!
Hello Wrestling Parents- My name is Tom Fox, Head Coach of Wilmington Youth Wrestling. I sincerely welcome back our past wrestlers and openly invite all of you who are new to the sport. Also, thanks for your patience through the transition from last year's coaching staff, which included Tim Penney and Ken Ganley. Speaking of, a special thank you goes out to Ken, Tim, Kim (Ganley), et al, for their many years of support in developing a fine youth program. Although the torch has been passed, I intend to carry on their legacy, as well as introduce new things which will take us into the future, i.e., the introductory youth session (which you are now enrolled in), complimented by year-round development for those seeking advanced technique and training. 2017-18 promises to be an exciting season. I look forward to seeing you all on the 28th. As always, if you have any questions, please contact me at @ (508) 265-4000 OR TOMFOX@LIVE.COM. Kindest regards- Coach Fox
2017-18 Registration: CLOSED
pictures by leannesstudio.com
Get important messages from Wilmington Youth Wrestling by Text & Email