Last Updated: May 4, 2016
Signup for Alerts
Get important messages from Bartholomew County Little League by Text & Email
Bartholomew County Little League
Games are canceled for tonight, May 4th!
Unfortunately games are canceled for tonight, May 4th. Too much rain today. We will reschedule.
Makeup Schedule for Opening Day Games
Click here to view the games rescheduled from Opening Day.
If you have punchcard orders to turn in, Board Members will be around this week to fill them for you. Turn in your order to your coach when you arrive for your game.
Also, we will be selling Texas Roadhouse peanuts while supplies last. Bags are $5 and include peanuts and a coupon for a free appetizer! Proceeds go directly to BCLL!
BCLL Punchcard Fundraiser
Hopefully everyone is enjoying the beautiful baseball weather we've been having! By now everyone should have received a punchcard fundraiser order form. If you haven't received one, you can pick one up at the Ceraland Fitness Center or print the one attached to this email.
Fundraising is an important part of our program. Unlike other youth sports organizations in our community which are mostly funded by taxpayer dollars, the BCLL program is funded 100% by donations and registration fees. Our major expenses are detailed below and total approximately $30,000. Registration fees account for approximately $22,000. (Figures based on 2015 data). This leaves approximately $8,000 that is needed to run a successful program. And the more we raise over and above this, the more we can put back into the league with better equipment and better facilities.
Player Fees to Ceraland: $4,716
Little League Charter Fees: $3,435
Umpire Fees: $13,000
As you can see, fundraising is extremely important to the overall success of our program. And we need your help! Our punchcard fundraiser has little out of pocket expense to us which allows us to retain all of the profit. We partner with local businesses who donate their product or service for a "punch" on the card. For just $10, you have a lot of savings available to you by using the card.
Plus, we have lots of great prizes to offer including a Ceraland Camp N Play package, Ceraland pool party, iPad mini, TV, Cincinnati Reds tickets, Indianapolis Indians tickets, Kings Island tickets, Holiday World tickets, and BCLL spirit wear. And the more money we raise, the more prizes we can offer.
Our goal is for each player to sell at least 10 cards each. And the more you sell, the more opportunity you have to win one of our great prizes!
Punchcard orders and money are due on Opening Day, Saturday, April 30th. You can turn them into your coach when you arrive for pictures.
Thank you in advance for your participation! We greatly appreciate it!!
Support BCLL through the United Way!
BCLL Positions and Responsibilities
With the growth & success of the BCLL, we are in need of Board Members & volunteers. If you would like to help out, or would like more specific information about an individual position, please let us know. Update As an added bonus, CERAland, is offering 1/2 price memberships to all BCLL Board Members!
BCLL Positions and Responsibilities
President and Vice-president- Amy Craft and Matt Steinwedel
- Oversee daily operations of BCLL, uphold Little League rules and BCLL supplemental rules, work with Ceraland on facilities, schedules, and major purchases
Treasurer- Amy Wetherald
- Responsible for budget, balance bank account, taxes, and 501 c 3, pay bills
Secretary- Dave Murphy
- Keep notes and provide minutes for meetings
Information Officer- Sarah King
- Website and league information distribution
Safety Officer- Stacy McMullen
- Responsible for ASAP (Board approval March 1), First Aid, lightning safety, and any other safety issues
Player Agent- Mike Hurt
- Responsible for securing coaches, running the draft and approving pre-season moves
Equipment Managers - Eric Cathcart & Chris Weatherford
- Responsible for purchasing typical baseball equipment and supplies, distribute equipment to coaches, and inventory returned equipment
Fundraising Committee - TBD
- Responsible for securing banner ads, gathering items for raffles, securing photographer, and other fundraising ideas
All-Star Committee- TBD
Event Committee- TBD
- Responsible for advertising, purchase trophies and appreciation plaques, and organize the BCLL fun day, post info and others
Facility Committee- Preset
- Members are Ceraland GM, BCLL president, BCLL vice-president, and one other BCLL representative
- Responsible for vision and direction of the Ceraland baseball facilities
County Park Diamond Scheduling
Per the county parks board, those responsible for scheduling the baseball diamonds at the county parks will be as follows:
Wayne Park: Terrill Paradise - 812.764.2040
Mt. Healthy: Brian Siegman - 812.350.4117
Petersville: Brian Siegman - 812.350.4117
Rockcreek: Don Moss - 812.447.0602
Elizabethtown: Don Moss - 812.447.0602
For a complete schedule listing, click here!