Last Updated: March 4, 2015
Bartholomew County Little League
Registration is going on now for the 2015 season!
BCLL offers Little League baseball for ages 4-14. Online registration runs from January 1, 2015 through March 6, 2015 @ 5pm. You can also register in-personn at Ceraland Park during Evaluation Day on Saturday, March 7th from 8am-2pm. Continue checking our website for updates as we prepare for the 2015 season!
Click here for important information on the upcoming 2015 season.
Evaluation Day Details
Evaluation Day is scheduled for Saturday, March 7th at Ceraland Park inside the Fitness Center. Please do not wear cleats. You will need a glove, bat, and helmet. Players will be evaluated on various skills and scored accordingly. This helps us form balanced teams which is why it is important for your child to attend.
It is mandatory for divisions 7/8-13/14 to attend. Players in 4/5 and 5/6 divisions should not attend. If you are unable to attend on Saturday, March 7th, please email email@example.com to get details on an alternate date/time.
You are also required to attend evaluations if you are playing up a division (i.e. 6 year old wants to play in 7/8 division). You must evaluate in the division in which to want to play.
Times for Evaluation Day are as follows:
Important Dates for Coaches
For those who have signed up to coach, here are some important dates you need to be aware of:
Coaches Meeting - March 3rd @ 6:30pm - Room C104 at East High School
Evaluation Day - March 7th from 8am-2pm - Ceraland Park
Draft Pre-Meetings - Room C104 at East High School
Draft Day & Equipment Pick-Up - March 11th @ 6pm - East High School Cafeteria
As a reminder, we must have your Volunteer Form and a copy of your driver's license by Saturday, March 7th. You can email this to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it to Ceraland on Saturday, March 7th from 8-2:30. The Volunteer Form can be printed from the Handouts section of our website.
Interested in coaching during the 2015 BCLL season?
If you are interested in coaching during our 2015 season, please go to Online Forms and complete our coach request form.
Interested in volunteering?
If you are interested in helping with various league activities such as fundraising, events such as Opening Day activities, or our annual all-star tournament to be held next summer, please go to Online Forms and complete the form to let us know. We appreciate your help!!
Support BCLL through the United Way!
BCLL Positions and Responsibilities
With the growth & success of the BCLL, we are in need of Board Members & volunteers. If you would like to help out, or would like more specific information about an individual position, please let us know. Update As an added bonus, CERAland, is offering 1/2 price memberships to all BCLL Board Members!
BCLL Positions and Responsibilities
President and Vice-president- Amy Craft and Jeremy Emmitt
- Oversee daily operations of BCLL, uphold Little League rules and BCLL supplemental rules, work with Ceraland on facilities, schedules, and major purchases
Treasurer- Amy Wetherald
- Responsible for budget, balance bank account, taxes, and 501 c 3, pay bills
Secretary- Dave Murphy
- Keep notes and provide minutes for meetings
Information Officer- OPEN
- Website and league information distribution
Safety Officer- Greg Lovins
- Responsible for ASAP (Board approval March 1), First Aid, lightning safety, and any other safety issues
Player Agent- Brian Siegman
- Responsible for securing coaches, running the draft and approving pre-season moves
Equipment Managers - Mike Hurt and Eric Cathcart
- Responsible for purchasing typical baseball equipment and supplies, distribute equipment to coaches, and inventory returned equipment
Fundraising Committee - TBD
- Responsible for securing banner ads, gathering items for raffles, securing photographer, and other fundraising ideas
All-Star Committee- TBD
Event Committee- TBD
- Responsible for advertising, purchase trophies and appreciation plaques, and organize the BCLL fun day, post info and others
Facility Committee- Preset
- Members are Ceraland GM, BCLL president, BCLL vice-president, and one other BCLL representative
- Responsible for vision and direction of the Ceraland baseball facilities
County Park Diamond Scheduling
Per the county parks board, those responsible for scheduling the baseball diamonds at the county parks will be as follows:
Wayne Park: Terrill Paradise - 812.764.2040
Mt. Healthy: Dave Claycamp - 812.342.3420
Petersville: Dave Claycamp - 812.342.3420
Rockcreek: Don Moss - 812.447.0602
Elizabethtown: Don Moss - 812.447.0602
For a complete calendar listing, click here!