Current News - Update
November 15, 2013 – 06:15 PM
Please hit the refresh button on your browser to ensure you have the current information.
- "Don't be late, don't be on-time, be early" - BB
Quote: St. John's Coach Jason Miller - "Coaches love this type of athlete. First here, last to leave. Always shooting extra. Does everything right. Very reliable. Rarely makes mistakes. Quality kid.”
NEWS FROM NJ LACROSSE ORGANIZATION
Rich Prakopcyk was inducted into the NJ Lacrosse Hall of Fame - Class of 2012 on January 27, 2013.
On-line registration is opened, please go to the Bethlehem Township Recreation webpage.
See attached link for on-line registration: Bethlehem Township Recreation.
See Upcoming Events schedule at bottom of page and/or click on Calendar tab on left hand side of page or at the bottom of the page.
- 2013 Practice Schedule Posted
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to scheduled practice time!!!!!!!!!
- 2013 Season game schedule posted through April
- Arrive 45 Minutes prior to game time!!!!!!!!!
- Please take note of game times - See Calendar for times + directions - click on event for details.
Green and Gold Lacrosse
See webpage for additional information: green and gold lacrosse
Warriors Alumni Currently in College
Ryan Pearson - Randolph
Nick Bolgno - Richard Stockton
Jordon Stone - Messiah
Pierce Hyldahl - Fairfield U.
Mike VanSycle - Birmingham
Zack Martin - High Point
Chance Weinberg - Stevenson
Callen Hogrebe - West Chester
Jake Keefe - Richard Stockton
Warriors Alumni - College Commitments
-TJ Marron - St. John University
-Kyle Stenberg - Merrimack College
Support NHHS Lacrosse - NHHS schedule is on the Warriors calendar. Link to NHHS Varsity Lacrosse Schedule - NHHS Lions Varsity Lacrosse Schedule. Warrior players wanted to be on NHHS Varsity sidelines during games!
KEEP YOU STICK IN YOUR HANDS!!!!!!
Watch Lacrosse on TV - DVR/TiVo the games and WATCH + LEARN.
Added great video regarding FACEOFF FUNDAMENTALS by Alex Smith - check the LINKS tab.
Added link for THE FACEOFF CLUB...great instructional videos.
Great Moments in Warriors History - See Photo Album tab for photos - Joey B Day Album - Thank you to Scott Cooper for taking pictures and capturing these great moments.
1. Encourage your friends to give lacrosse a try, they'll love it!!! Invite your friend to our practices to experience it first hand.
2. Attention Warriors Lacrosse Players - Please review this video - see Links Tab for Invert Midfield hyperlink - NEW LINKS ADDED - Crease play; Feeding + Vision; Shooting; Lacrosse Video collection!!!!!!!!! There are other informative links in the Links Tab for your veiwing.
3. KEEP YOUR STICKS IN YOUR HANDS ALL THE TIME!!!!! This is only the beginning of great things.
Wall Ball Drills
• Quick stick – 50 right, then 50 left (no cradle)
• One hand quick stick - 50 right, then 50 left (no cradle)
• Quick stick - change hands each time you throw the ball while the ball is in the air- 50 right, then 50 left ( no cradle)
• Both hand catch and cradle - 50 right, then 50 left (one quick cradle)
• One hand catch and cradle – 50 right, then 50 left (one quick cradle)
• Face dodge - catch-face dodge-throw-50 right, then 50 left
• Split dodge - throw right, catch right, split dodge to left hand, throw left, catch left, split back to right hand- 50 right, then 50 left
• Cross handed - 50 right, then 50 left-“cross handed” means stick in right hand on the left side of body, or stick in left hand on right side of body (one quick cradle each time)
TOP TEN Things ELITE Athletes DO
1. Elite Athletes say: “I create my playing time by working hard all the time.” Regular Athletes say: “Coach owes me playing time because I am here all the time.”
2. Elite Athletes play every possession like it’s their last. Regular Athletes play like there will always be another chance.
3. Elite Athletes focus on opportunities for success. Regular Athletes focus on obstacles to success.
4. Elite Athletes admire other successful athletes. Regular Athletes resent successful athletes.
5. Elite Athletes listen to criticism, analyze it, and learn from it. Regular Athletes get upset over criticism and reject it, losing the opportunity to learn from it.
6. Elite Athletes focus on being a complete player. Regular Athletes focus on one facet of their game.
7. Elite Athletes are confident during any situation, thriving in pressure situations. Regular Athletes lack confidence in the clutch.
8. Elite Athletes demand perfection of themselves and their teammates. Regular Athletes are satisfied with mediocrity.
9. Elite Athletes put fear out of their mind and focus on the task at hand. Regular Athletes let their fear stop them from performing at their highest level.
10. Elite Athletes constantly learn and grow both on and off the field. Regular Athletes already know everything.
Excerpted and edited from an article written by Rashad Devoe in the July 2009 issue of Lacrosse Magazine
To teach the basics of lacrosse and the fundamentals of game with emphasis on team and sportsmanship. Our goal is to have fun while being instructional and competitive and to demonstrate our passion and love for the fastest game on feet. This will be the Warrior’s Twelfth year in a competitive league - the North Jersey Junior Lacrosse League – NJJLL. Our schedule will consist of a minimum of 10 games. For game and praictice schedules please view the Calendar tab. A normal week includes 2 pracitce days and 2 games.
The program includes teams from 3rd grade through 8th grade as well as a K, 1st and 2nd grade instructional clinic. The teams will play in the North Jersey Junior Lacrosse League - NJJLL. Protective equipment is provided by the lacrosse program. Players must have their own stick.
Call Rich Prakopcyk 908.735.5255 cell 609.577.6309 or Tom Brennan 908.730-7441 cell 908.578.0159 or Chris Kastrud 908.238-1647 or Bob Bartnett cell 973.714.8095 with any questions.
BETHLEHEM-UNION TWP WARRIORS - Little Lions Club