- Tyler Henry commits to the University of Dayton
Welcome to the home of
Players and parents:
1. The coach of the team we are to play, was in a car accident, has multiple broken bones and has cancelled our games for Sunday.
2. Please put your thoughts and prayers for a full and fast recovery for 18u Classic Matt Pfeffer (Northmont) who suffered a knee injury in last Fridays football game. Matt is having surgery today at 3 pm. Matt we are all wishing you a fast and complete recovery.
3. Continue to review your email and the website as we are trying to finalize the upcoming hitting and velocity programs. We may be calling you to discuss if we have not heard from you regarding availability. We want to try to get this completed this weekend.
4. Catching clinic will be from 10-11 Sunday and the facility will be open 10-12 Sunday.
5. Open times next week: Monday and Wednesday 5-7; Tuesday and Thursday 5-9.
6. We are scheduled for a three way weekend event in Marietta, with 2 games Saturday and 2 games Sunday. Look for a one call asking for your availability either day or both days.
Parents and Players:
While I have been disappointed that teams have been unable to keep their commitments regarding our fall schedule, the most important role of the fall and winter is player development. Thus, the games are far less important than the work we are doing getting stronger and faster and our upcoming baseball-specific work outlined below.
Remaining games will be October 5 location TBA but local, 11-12 at Wright State; October 19 at Marietta (awaiting other team confirm).
Strength and conditioning will continue as scheduled on Tue/Thur at 7 and 745. I am really excited to see the progress these 20 players, along with those working out elsewhere, will make this off season. It will be awesome.
Catching clinics will continue on Sundays at 10 am as previously planned.
Our Sunday workouts with the UD and WSU staffs will be from 9-1 with each of your personal schedule to follow in a separate email. Those dates will be: November 2, 9, 16, 23; December 7; January 11,18,25; February 1,8.
i am most excited about our ability to match our training programs to the players availability as opposed to having limitations based on our times in the facility. We still need to be efficient, but we will attempt to match these programs with player’s availability.
Thus, I am going to lay out our programs and ask that you review them and provide days and times that you could commit to attend these weekly.
Explosive hitting and Bat Speed Enhancement will focus on proper technique, Utilizing the lower body, staying connected, improving bat speed and ball exit velocity. Bat speed and ball exit velocity will measured regularly so that you can measure improvement. We expect bat speed and exit velocity to improve by at least 7 mph which is the equivalent of an additional 50 feet of ball flight. Please provide days and times you could be available along with the session. You may attend either 1 or 2 AND Session 3..... We encourage you to do so. Our goal is to get every player over 90 mph exit velocity and several over 100 mph.
Explosive hitting results are best with a commitment of 3 days per week of 1 1/2 hours per session.
Session 1 October 5 to December 20
Session 2 October 26 to December 20
Session 3 January 4 to February 21
Explosive velocity is our athletic pitcher program designed to improve throwing velocity and arm health and strength. This is for both pitchers and position players. We have seen significant improvement in all players. Collin Moeller has gone from 72mph to 87 mph over the last two years with this program. Our goal is to get everybody as close to 90 mhp as possible.
Explosive velocity results are best with 2-3 commitments per week of 1 1/2'hours per session.
Session 1 October 26 to December 20
Session 2 January 4 to February 21
Infield techniques and drills. Please provide days and times that you would be available and we will try to get a group or provide individual sessions as there is interest.
We know that you each are pulled in multiple directions and thus, are intent upon doing all we can to teach and help each of you improve as much as possible.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your sessions, times and days.
Additionally, we will be having open hitting sessions also.
Thank you. Gregg
The Dayton Classics Family would like to congratulate Tyler Henry (LHP Middletown Madison) on his commitment to continue his education and baseball career at the University of Dayton. Tyler will be joining former Classics Chad Phenis, Alec Mueller, Jake Counts, and Carter Langdon at UD.
We are back on Facebook and Twitter!
@daytonclassics on twitter
Please like/follow us to get all the latest news and updates throughout the season!
Classics 2015 College Commitments Tyler Henry (LHP Middletown Madison), University of Dayton
Dayton Classics Baseball
powered by LeagueLineup