- Hernando Lacrosse Club is sponsored by WALMART! Thanks for your Support!
Hernando Lacrosse Club Inc.
December 3, 2013
ONLINE REGISTRATIONS - ACTIVE
All Hernando Lacrosse Club Players:
I wanted to make you aware that for the 2013 High School Boys,and Middle School boys, your registration forms will be made online via our website.
Please see the link on the top left of the page and select ONLINE FORMS and register. Payment will be required to register.
Thanks. Hernando Lacrosse Club!
Clinics for the 2013 Lacrosse season begin Nov 20th
November 10, 2012
We will hold Free clinics for the 2013 Lacrosse season beginning Tuesday November 20th from 6pm to 8pm at Vets field.
Our Season officially begins in January 23rd
Hernando Lacrosse club will offer a Boys U13, Boys U15, and HS Boys team this year.
Hernando Lacrosse Club on Facebook
November 22, 2011
Notice for all Teams:
Follow us on facebook. Hernando Lacrosse Club. This is where you will find out if our fields have been closed due to rain, any last minute schedule changes, etc. Please use this as your first source for status.
Fall Workouts - Conditioning
I wanted to share a running program, and wall ball program that the Fire staff (Thanks to Keith Olsen) have shared for our players. I believe that we need to focus on conditioning more then ever. This would be a great example of something to get you started. Remember, its up to you to take your conditioning seriously, and to get the most out of your game. Enjoy.
- jog a half mile to warm-up
- Alternate workout 1 and 2 (Need to get 3-4 workouts a week to be effective)
Running workout 1
10 – 40 yard dashes – no more than 10 seconds of rest – if you can have someone time you
– sprints that do not get pushed all the way each time are less valuable for you…
Rest for 3 minutes - sip water then move to
6 – 100 yards dashes timed
Running workout 2
6 sets of flying 20’s (jog for 20 – sprint 20- jog 20 – sprint 20)
– jog 20 turn and sprint 20 and repeat…
- These are done best on a football field or soccer field…
- Do not slow down or ramp up – this is exploding for 20 yards and then jog and explodes for 20 again.
4 - 220’s – the first 220 is a run at about 50%... this gets you prepped
- You run the first 220 at 50% then walk the other half of the track or use full field for back and forth (end zone to end zone)
- When you reach your start point you now sprint as hard as you can – 220
- Walk the rest of the track and repeat this process so that you sprint hard for 3 of them after two weeks
– go to 4 and so on until you get to 6
Remember you need to warm up with a half mile run and normal stretches…
- each night do core… sit-ups; table tops; supermen; on your back bicycles for 15 – 20 minutes
These type of program will help get you prepared for the season.
NOTE: Adjust as age appropriate, and talk with your parents before you begin.
Wall Ball Drills
Please visit these sites for ideas on Wall Ball Drills. There are many things you can do even if you dont have someone to play catch with. Please spend a few minutes checking out these drills, and get to the wall.
US Lacrosse Wall Ball Drills
Other Wall Ball Drill Sites
November 10, 2012
Want a brief update on the rules of the game, and how its played? See the link below from Ridgefield Connecticut Lacrosse program that does a great job of providing a summary.
To provide the youth of Hernando County an opportunity to participate in the exciting game of lacrosse. Focus of the program is on teamwork, sportsmanship, learning new skills and traditions of the game.