Coaches’ Code of Ethics
• I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my players ahead of a personal desire to win.
• I will treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
• I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for my players
• I will promise to review and practice the basic first aid principles need to treat injuries of my players.
• I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging.
• I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
• I will be knowledgeable in the rules and will teach these rules to my players.
• I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for each of the skills that I teach.
• I will remember that I am a youth sports coach and that the game is for children and not adults.
Parents’ Code of Ethics
I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my child participating in youth sports by following this Parents' Code of Ethics Pledge:
• I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice, or other youth sports event.
• I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of a personal desire to win.
• I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
• I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
• I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
• I will remember that the game is for youth - not for adults.
• I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
• I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials, with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
• I promise to help my child enjoy the youth sports experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectable fan, assisting with coaching or providing transportation.