Now that our fundraising is officially over. Here's what I will need from all the players wanting to play for the Louisburg American Legion Team.
1. Team fee of $80 will need to be turned in before May 1st. Its a fair price considering most teams make you pay 300 to or more just to play in the league not including the team fee. The money will go towards our baseball hats, and wood bats.
2. Practices will start early for the players who are not participating in High School baseball. Practices will most likely start in March for those players every Sunday.
---As for the players that are playing High School baseball you cannot practice with our team until after your high school baseball season is over period. Due to the KSHSAA rules and regulations.
3. We will be playing in the Men's Amature Baseball League this year. It is a wood bat only league, Don't worry we will have a dozen wood bats to choose from all sponsered to us by the American Legion Post 250.
4. Our games we will be TBD It'll most likely be 1 or 2 days a week for the months of June/July. I will get the schedule put out as soon as I can.
5. We will be doing only one tournament this year, due to our half young half old roster. I don't feel its neccessary just yet to get us into a college showcase tournament. However next year in 2015 we will be doing another college showcase for sure.
7. We are currently looking for a 3rd coach to help us this summer parents if you want to become a coach please let me know. Thanks.
6. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns feel free to email me or call me.
And I want to give a special thanks to the Louisburg Post 250 American Legion, and the womens auxiliary. I want to thank our sponsers for supporting our fundraising event as well as the people who came out to play poker. Coaches, players, and parents that could attend our event we appreciate all the help we can get! I want to personally thank Chuck Hammaeke the Commander of the Louisburg Post 250 Legion for his help with our fundraiser events and support of the baseball team.