OUR SPRING SEASON:
LOUYAA offers lacrosse for novice and experienced boys and girls in the following age brackets.
- K - 1st Grade Co-Ed "Scoopers"
- U7 Boys "Scoopers"
- U9 Girls & U9 boys:"Bantams"
- U11 Girls & U11 boys:"PeeWees"
- U13 Girls & U13 boys:"Midgets"
- U15 Girls & U15 boys:"Juniors"
2013 Spring fees include raffle tickets (see fund-raising) and a tournament. Boys U11, U13 and U15 registration includes evaluation/tryout fee. Please speak to your coach, coordinator or commissioner if your child cannot participate due to financial need. Scholarships may be available. For Spring 2013 pricing information please click HERE.
BENEFITS OF LOUYAA LACROSSE:
- LOUYAA is THE feeder program for Linganore, Urbana and Oakdale High Schools. High school teams are more successful when they play together from the time they are young. Play for LOUYAA and you are playing with your high school team.
- LOUYAA Boys' teams participate in the Western Maryland Youth Lacrosse Conference (WMYLC) and compete in tiered (A & B level) competition during the spring 2013 season. LOUYAA Boys also have the opportunity to compete in several tournaments.
- LOUYAA Girls’ teams participate in the Western Maryland Youth Lacrosse Conference (WMYLC) and compete in tiered (A & B level) competition during the spring 2013 season. LOUYAA Girls also have the opportunity to compete in several tournaments, including the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, D.C.
- All LOUYAA players benefit from the extensive coaching experience and training LOUYAA provides. All teams have coaches trained in the Positive Coaching Alliance. Most of our coaches are also US Lacrosse Level 1 trained and have coached for many years. Many of our coaches are US Lacrosse Level 2 trained, and played lacrosse in college.
- Strategic partnerships: In addition to partnering with Linganore, Oakdale, and Urbana High Schools, LOUYAA has formed partnerships with area club programs and colleges. This provides additional resources, coaching, training and opportunities for our players and coaches.
- LOUYAA Days at Linganore, Oakdale and Urbana High Schools: We are looking for volunteers to organize the Spring 2013 LOUYAA Days!
OUR 2013 LOUYAA LACROSSE ORGANIZATIONAL TEAM:
2013 Commissioner: Tina Sanford
2013 Boys Lacrosse Coordinator: Kim Smith
2013 Boys Lacrosse Asst. Coordinator: Christine McGill
2013 Girls Lacrosse Coordinator: Carl Wurzer
2013 Girls Lacrosse Asst. Coordinator: TBA
2013 Volunteer Coordinator: Alexis Flynn
2013 Field Coordinator:Pete Jackson
2013 Uniform Coordinator:Jennifer Browne
2013 Apparel Coordinators:Beth & Ron Averill
2013 Yearbook Coordinators:Beth & Ron Averill
2013 Media Coordinator/Web Site Admin: Lisa Young
Our coaching staff is one of our most valuable resources. They teach our youth not only the game of lacrosse, but also very valuable life lessons. In recognizing this responsibility, every team is required to have at least 1 coach certified as a National Double-Goal Coach™ through the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA). PCA teaches “Coaching for Winning and Life Lessons”, and upholds one of the main purposes of LOUYAA,
“To take into consideration, first and foremost, the health, welfare and ability of each individual participant."
LOUYAA Lacrosse also supports additional training for coaches from coaching clinics, to US Lacrosse Level 1&2 certification, CPR/First Aid, and attendance at the US Lacrosse National Convention, where many highly educational sessions are held.
LOUYAA Families: OUR VOLUNTEER FORCE
Being part of the LOUYAA Lacrosse Family is a wonderful experience! We make new friends, learn the great game of lacrosse and benefit from all the life lessons it brings… TOGETHER!
The success of our program depends on the support and dedication of all of the players and families. This is a VOLUNTEER organization and succeeds because of all of the terrific people who dedicate their time to ensure that our boys and girls have these opportunities. A huge thank you goes out to all of the coaches, team managers and general volunteers. Thank you for all of your support! Please see the "Volunteer" tab in the left Menu Bar.
Our goal is continuous improvement, and we appreciate your assistance and support. If you ever have any questions, concerns, suggestions or opportunities, please feel free to contact your program Coordinator and/or Commissioner at any time.
We hope you have a great season!