Last Updated: March 20, 2015
The 2015 Spring Football Schedule has been posted on the website in the Handouts Section. Thank You to the Coaches for volunteering their time to teach the kids and Thank You to the parents for choosing MYA for Spring Football. Good luck to all of you during the Spring and we hope to see you all back in the Fall.
MYA Spring Football Information
February 19, 2015
The McDonough Youth Association would like to thank our parents for being so understanding of the late changes last season. We understand it was a major change from what we were accustom to here at MYA, however it was a necessary change. We also appreciate those parents who chose to take the time to call and voice their opinions in effort to help make the 2015 season better.
We are looking for volunteers willing to commit their time that will continue to make MYA the best in the community. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As we gear up for the 2015 spring and fall football seasons, we encourage everyone to register early so that we have adequate time to place uniform orders. Timely registration is the overwhelming factor in delayed uniform ordering, which puts the program at risk to receive uniforms late. Let’s do our part to ensure we avoid uniform delays.
Here is important information for the spring season:
· Ages are 5-12, playing control date is August 1, 2015…age as of this date is the playing age
· Additional details for spring football; 6 game schedule which includes playing North Henry as well as Locust Grove. In an effort to ensure that each child is afforded an opportunity to play, our goal is to limit each roster to a maximum of 15 players, and ensure that each player has a starting position.
· Practice begins March 2, 2015, a maximum of 3 days of practice each week.
· Season opens March 21st, no games during spring break.
We are also seeking head and assistant football coaches for the upcoming spring and fall season. If you are interested in becoming a coach, please contact us at email@example.com. We are interviewing for all age groups, but specifically in need of 10U D-1 coaches.
February 23, 2015
Here is a list of things players will need for football
· Practice Jersey
· Practice Pants (made with pads inside are the best option)
· Football Cleats
· Mouth Piece
· Hard-cup Chinstrap (Recommended)
· Coaches will contact parents by March 2nd
· Equipment will be issued March 2nd, and 3rd
· Each coach sets their own practice schedules
· Each team will have a 6 game schedule
· All games will be played on Saturdays
December 9, 2014
Anyone planning on being on the field for practices or games will need to have a Background Check ran against them. Please follow the "Henry County Rec Dept" link on the left side of the screen, which will take you their website. From there, you will need to fill the information out online. When completed, please contact HCRD to see when this has been approved. From there, you will need to stop by and have your picture taken for your badge. There is a small fee to have this procedure completed but please remember, this is for the safety of the children playing at our park and all parks in the county.
This is a requirement and if you do not have your badge on, you will be asked to leave the field, sideline or practice field. Any questions, contact your League Director.
Don't forget that ALL Coaches who plan to be out on the field with the kids for practices or games, will need to have a background check completed before doing so. Below are the instructions for completing this. Thanks
2015 Board Meetings
March 20, 2015
NO PETS ALLOWED at Avalon Park
Team Pictures at MYA - Why use Sportography?
Please take a moment and click the link under Handouts to view the Top 6 Reasons why you should use Sportography for your teams pictures this Fall.