- November 19, 2015
Congratulations to all of the student-athletes named to the Freshman, Junior Varsity and Varsity teams! Please see the roster pages for our 2015-16 squads.
- November 8, 2015
Candidate evaluations for the 2015-16 season are scheduled to begin at 7 pm on Monday, November 9th at the stadium field.
Freshmen will be completing the Cooper Test. This will require running shoes appropriate for the track and should be done by 7:45.
Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors will be going through an on field session.
Complete schedule of the tryout process is on the calendar, subject to change.
- March 28, 2015
Schedules for the 2105-16 season have been added to the calendar and team schedules.
- Read the latest edition of East Bay Prep Corner's blog on Boy's Soccer: Final Notebook, All-Star Game, Rankings, Standings, Stats
Summary of Last Thursday's WSN:
· Introduction of New Athletic Director, Andy Popper who discussed
The protocol of resolving issues between athletes, parents and coaches
Athletics Philosophy and Information
· Positive Coaching Alliance presentation- Standing up against the win-at-all-cost mentality (Learning to be better athletes, spectators and coaches)
· Funding Athletics- We are self-funded and rely primarily on donations and fundraising
· Introduction of Mike Aha, Athletic Booster Club: Their Mission is to promote and provide programs and projects that contribute additional funding for athletics.
Businesses can buy ads for $500 a year that will surround field
VIP Card Purchases and a portion goes back to Men’s Soccer Program
· ImPACT Testing Information- concussion screening
Men's Soccer Specific Topics:
- Budget and the importance of fundraising and parent donation
- Team camaraderie and its importance
- Student-athlete self-advocacy
- Parents as role models representing MV and assisting your son in absorbing the life lessons.
- Upcoming Dates:
Foot Golf that was originally scheduled for November 23rd is being rescheduled to future date
Team Breakfast scheduled for November 21st is being rescheduled to future date
Deadline for Independent PE Form is Dec 7th- turn into Melissa French in Office- (New procedure is discussed in above section)
Food Bank is still ON. Scheduled for Tuesday, Nov 24th. If your son is planning on attending, please add them, otherwise we may not have enough drivers.
YARY Team Photo- scheduled for 5th (Order envelopes were handed out at meeting) at 3:30
Lions Club Restaurant Walk- December 1 (6:00-9:00 PM)
The Program is asking for a $375 donation for each player. We are self-funded so any donation is greatly appreciated. Checks to be made payable to: MVHS Men’s Soccer (2015-16 Men’s Soccer Budget is attached) or can be paid though the school's online store at: Monte Vista HS Web Store
Danville Lions Club- Restaurant Walk- If you wish to purchase, they are 2 for $50. Check Payable to Danville Lions Club. Coach Jeff Kendall has tickets.
Donations to Monte Vista High School may be eligible for your employer’s matching donations program. Please check with your employer to see if they have this program.