- Talent is God-given, be humble. Fame is man-given, be grateful. Conceit is self-given, be careful.
- Don't apologize for trying to win
- Movng beyond your comfort zone - that's how you achieve things
- No dream comes true until you wake up and go to work
- There's no traffic jam on the extra mile
41 CHAMPIONSHIP APPEARANCES AND COUNTING
ONTARIO POP WARNER - THE PLACE TO BE
TRIGGERMAN QUARTERBACK ACADEMY
FIVE THINGS TO MAKE YOU SAY - I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!!!...
- Did you know that over 70% of current NFL players played Pop Warner? (Source: 2011, NFLPA)
- Did you know that currently over 425,000 youth participate in Pop Warner programs in 42 states, and numerous countries around the world? (Source: 2013, Pop Warner) Pop Warner also has over 5,000 footballteams, playing in eight different age and weight classifications? (Source: 2011, Pop Warner)
- Did you know that Pop Warner is the largest youth football organization in the world? (Source: 2013, Pop Warner)
- Did you know Pop Warner Cheerleading includes performing groups in majorettes, pom squads, dancing boots and pep squads? The first Cheerleading Competition was held in 1988 and now shares the spotlight with the annual Pop Warner Super Bowl, held each year at Walt Disney World, in Orlando, Fl. (Source: 2013, Pop Warner)
- Did you know that Pop Warner is the only youth sports organization that requires scholastic aptitude to participate? (Source: 2013, Pop Warner)
TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE
1. Which sport has a higher injury rate - Football or Basketball?
If you choose football your wrong, basketball has a greater risk of injury than does football (Source: 2011, US Consumer Product Safety Commission, NEISS)
2. Which sport among 5-15 year olds is more dangerous - Football or Soccer?
Again if you’re in that segment of our population that feels soccer is safer you’d be wrong. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission examined athletic injuries on a sport-by-sport basis and it found that organized football among 5-to-15-year-olds had 12 per- cent fewer injuries per capita than organized soccer for the same age group?
3. Last one; which of the following activities is the safest - Football; skateboarding; or bike riding?
Football is by far the safest.
Football had 50 percent fewer injuries than bike riding and 74 percent fewer injuries than skateboarding. (Source: 2012, Info Sports)
Knowledge is power, know the facts..!!!
KIDS LOVE POP WARNER BECAUSE:
IT’S FUN! The Pop Warner philosophy ensures that every child participates in a supportive, positive environment. Our programs have no tryouts or cutting of rosters- it's about the joy of competition. In addition to its regular season, Pop Warner features local and regional playoffs along with a Super Bowl and National Cheer and Dance Championship every December at Disney's Wide World of Sports.
PARENTS LOVE POP WARNER BECAUSE:
IT'S SAFE! Pop Warner youth football enforces a strict age and weight matrix that reduces the risk of injuries. Our games are governed by well trained and certified coaches, qualified game day officials, a time tested rule book, and strict equipment requirements.
ABOUT ONTARIO POP WARNER
Ontario Pop Warner is a non profit youth football and competitive cheer organization that has served our community and its youth for over 50 years. We are located in the beautiful city of Ontario, the Inland Empire’s Gateway City. Our program's interest is in building leadership, learning skills, teamwork, and discipline through football and cheerleading. We encourage good sportsmanship, strong team unity and respect for our community and each other.
We are focused on keeping youth sports in its proper perspective while embracing the Pop Warner philosophy that scholastic and athletic achievement should go hand in hand. Our commitment to academics is what separates our organization from other youth sports programs in the area. As a member of the only national youth sports organization that requires scholastic aptitude to participate, Ontario Pop Warner is committed to developing its young people on the field and off. This year we will continue to expand our efforts in team and activity participation, as well as visibility and outreach in the community. At every level, our program seeks to develop well-rounded young men and women who learn not only the fundamentals of football, cheerleading, and dance but also the importance of education in an atmosphere conducive to developing sound character while having a good time.
We are an all volunteer staff that is dedicated to making each child’s experience a positive one. Ontario Pop Warner is open to all boys and girls age 5 through 15 regardless of race, creed or national origin.
Our Board of Directors, headed by President Joe Guerrero, welcomes all players, cheerleaders, their families and fans to the upcoming 2013 season. We hope you will find this website useful throughout the off season? We will continue to keep it updated with useful information such as league events and schedules.
OPW MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of Ontario Pop Warner is educational in nature, and desires to implant firmly in the youth of our community the ideals of physical conditioning, honesty, good sportsmanship, courage, loyalty, and respect for authority, along with love of both country and family. We hope by helping our children to become well adjusted, stronger, and happier, this will in turn lead them to grow to be decent, healthy and trustworthy adults.This will all be accomplished in a safe and healthy environment free from a "WIN AT ALL COST" attitude and instruction.
HOME OF THE 49ERS-RAIDERS-SAINTS-BEARS-BULLETS-HORNETS-LITTLE RAIDERS
Ontario Pop Warner Football & Cheer 1030 North Mountain Ave
PO Box 413
Ontario, CA 91762(909) email@example.com
Copyright © 2005 Ontario Pop Warner
Youth Football Association - www.ontariopopwarner.org All rights reserved.
For a complete calendar listing, click here!
||CHAMPIONS PLAY HERE