Spring 2017 Double Elimination Tournament
At the end of the 12-game season there will be a double elimination tournament to determine the champion in each division. Please ensure that you read over ALL the pitching rules prior to the season starting. These rules/limits will be strictly enforced throughout the season and especially during the tournament.
Venue Information and Brackets
Below are the hosting organizations for each age bracket. Click on the division name to view the brackets with field assignments and game start time.
Biddy National - Champions - Schadt Ave. - Updated 6/25 at 9:30 pm
Biddy American - Champions - Kempton - Updated 6/18 at 10:00 pm
Midget National - Champions - St. Elizabeth - Updated 6/18 at 10:00 pm
Midget American - Champions - Kempton - Updated 6/18 at 10:00 pm
- Knee-Hi - Champions - Breinigsville Seal Team 6 - Updated 6/18 at 10:00 pm
Tournament Specific Rules:
TIME LIMIT - Each game will have a time limit of 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- At the end of the time limit, the current inning will be completed
- If the time limit is not reached an inning may begin... even at the 1 hour and 44 minute mark
- Mercy rules from the regular season apply
- Games tied after allotted innings AND under the time limit will play a full extra inning
- Games tied after the time limit are to use international tie-breaking rules
INTERNATIONAL TIE-BREAKING RULES - No outs, the last out from the previous inning is put on second base, the lineup resumes from that point. When either team is leading after the home team bats, the game is over.
HOME TEAM - The higher seed is the home team for each game except for the championship game (team from the winner bracket is home team for all championship games)
BALKS - At the Knee-Hi and Midget levels, balks will be called tighter. Each pitcher used will receive one warning per game.
Tournament Game Results and Reporting Procedure:
NEW - Winning coach will call in all results immediately after completion to Kelly at 215-896-5107 with the following information:
- Division Reporting
- Visiting Team score and name
- Home team score and name
- Innings pitched for visiting team
- Innings Pitched for Home team
Updated brackets will be posted at the conclusion of each day of games. Any pitching questions are to be directed to Kelly as all pitching is being tracked.
Do not hesitate to call/text with any questions regarding pitching for your team or the rules in general. Please don't call/text unless you are trying to verify whether you have a pitcher eligible for your team. I will not answer questions for coaches trying to "plan" for their next game.