2018 Double-Elimination Tournament
Venue Information and Brackets
Below are the hosting organizations for each age bracket. Click on the division name to view the brackets with field assignments and game start time.
Biddy National East - Champions - Lower Macungie Raptors
Biddy National West - Updated 6/16 4:00pm
Biddy American - Updated - 6/16 4:30pm
Midget National East - Champions - Lower Macungie Mets
Midget American - Updated 6/16 3:45pm
Knee-Hi National - Updated 6/16 3:30pm
Knee-Hi American - Updated 6/16 3:30pm
Majors - Champions - South Parkland Shrines
Tournament Specific Rules:
TIME LIMIT - Each game will have a time limit of 1 hour and 45 minutes (even for weeknight games).
- At the end of the time limit, the current inning will be completed
- If the time limit is not reached an inning may begin... even at the 1 hour and 44 minute mark
- Mercy rules from the regular season apply
- Games tied after allotted innings AND under the time limit will play a full extra inning
- Games tied after the time limit are to use international tie-breaking rules
INTERNATIONAL TIE-BREAKING RULES - No outs, the last out from the previous inning is put on second base, the lineup resumes from that point. When either team is leading after the home team bats, the game is over.
HOME TEAM - The higher seed is the home team for each game except for the championship game (team from the winner bracket is home team for all championship games)
LAST INNING FOR NATIONAL GAMES - An umpire does not call "last inning" based on the time remaining in a game. The only time the last inning with unlimited runs occurs is if the final inning of the game is started prior to the time limit expiring.
Tournament Game Results and Reporting Procedure:
Winning coach will call in all results immediately after completion to Kelly at 215-896-5107 with the following information:
- Division Reporting
- Visiting Team score and name
- Home team score and name
- Innings pitched for visiting team
- Innings Pitched for Home team
Updated brackets will be posted at the conclusion of each day of games. Any pitching questions are to be directed to Kelly as all pitching is being tracked.
Do not hesitate to call/text with any questions regarding pitching for your team or the rules in general. Please don't call/text unless you are trying to verify whether you have a pitcher eligible for your team. I will not answer questions for coaches trying to "plan" for their next game.
2018 Spring Baseball Season Details and Forms
Use the following forms when submitting rosters and blackout dates for teams and venue.
- April 10 - Team/Coach Registration Form with Venue Blackout Dates
- April 21 - Roster Submission Form
- April 27 - Rosters with uniform numbers are due
- May 1 - Last day to add players to an existing roster
Email these forms at the start of the season. Any roster updates go directly to Kelly (webmaster @ pylbaseball.org) as soon as possible.
2018 Spring Season Dates:
- April 20th - Season Starts
- June 3rd - All-Star Games
- June 6th - Mandatory Coaches Meeting for playoff tournaments
- June 9-10 - First weekend of double elimination tournaments
T-Ball games will be scheduled on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Grasshopper games will be scheduled on Mondays and Fridays. For all other divisions games will be scheduled on any day during the week.
ALL-STAR Game Venues and Times
- Biddy National East - Tri-Colver Fields in Orefield at 12:00pm
- Biddy National West - Tri-Clover Fields in Orefield at 12:00pm
- Biddy American - Tri-Clover Fields in Orefield at 5:00pm
- Midget National East - Tri-Clover Fields in Orefield at 2:30pm
- Midget National West - Tri-Clover Fields in Orefield at 2:30
- Midget American - Tri-Clover Fields in Orefield at 5:00pm
- Knee-Hi National - Alburtis Large at 12:00pm
- Knee-Hi American - Alburtis Large at 2:30pm
2018 Spring Season Specific Rules:
- Game Time Limits - No inning shall start after 7:45 pm
- Completed Game - 4 1/2 innings constitutes a complete game
- Mercy Rule - If the visiting team is ahead at any point by the mercy rule, the home team always has last at bat of that particular inning.
NOTE: If you are cancelling a game due to weather, please text Kelly at 215-896-5107 AFTER notifying the opposing team and umpires.
Information for all PYL Coaches:
Just as a reminder, please report all final game scores and pitching within 24 hours of the completion of a game. The winning coach is responsible to post the score and innings pitched for both teams.Any changes and requests regarding rosters go directly to Kelly at the email address: webmaster (at) pylbaseball.org
Links for Coaches:
2018 Spring Season Rules:
Click on the link below to download an easy to print out chart of all the important rules for the 2018 fall season. The spreadsheet has been updated with a third sheet containing other import rules. (Updated 4/26/18)
Game Reschedule Request:
Through out the season there will be a need to reschedule games. Please use the form on the right hand side of the site to submit your game change request.
Game Reporting Instructions:
Playoff Mandatory Coaches Meeting:
- Will be held the Wednesday June 6th starting at 8:30pm
Meetings are held at the Lehigh Valley Hospital in Conference room ECC5. The conference rooms are in the building to the right of the main entrance. I will be there for all three meeting that night to answer any questions you have. Please arrive for the following start times:
Directions to meeting:
- Go into the main entrance for LV Hospital from Cedar Crest Blvd
- Stay in the right lane and go around the complex to the main entrance (next to the highway)
- Park in the parking deck on the right
- The conference rooms are in the building immediately in front of that parking deck (entrance is towards the left side of the building)
- Once you go through the doors head to the right to find all the conference rooms