Welcome to the home of the Pitt County Girls Softball League
***RESCHEDULE INFORMATION ***
ALL EVALUATIONS WILL BE HELD AT
Sara Law Softball Complex on Reedy Branch Rd.
12U - Monday, 3/10 @ 7:15 p.m.
10U - Tuesday, 3/11 @ 6:30 p.m.
8U - Tuesday, 3/11 @ 6:00 p.m.
If you have been asked to provide a copy of a birth certificate or other documentation, we MUST have it in order to be eligible to participate in player evaluations.
Please arrive 15 minutes early to get checked in
Please dress appropriately for the weather
Please bring your gear (glove, helmet, bat)
If you are a pitcher or catcher in 10U or 12U, please plan to stay late for the pitcher/catcher evals. Only girls who attend pitcher/catcher evals are eligible to play those positions during the season.
Catcher gear will be available at the field if needed.
6U/8U/10U/12U Registration for Spring Season has ended!!!
13 and Up Registration will continue - 2000 birthdays and earlier
- click here to register online now for 13 and up
- Register at Pitt County Community Schools (PCCSR) on County Home Road for 13 and up
Due to limited hours of operation at the Zone,
please drop all registration materials off at PCCSR.
PCGSL SPIRIT NIGHT
WITH THE CAROLINA MUDCATS
Join the Carolina Mudcats and PCGSL
at Five County Stadium
Saturday, May 3rd, at 6 p.m.
vs. the Wilmington Blue Rocks
General Admission Seats are $7 each
A portion of each ticket sold will go back to PCGSL
Gates open at 5 p.m.
Pre-game Parade at 5:45
Click here for more information and ticket order form.
SPRING 2014 INFORMATION
Coming off of a very successful 2013 season, with multiple Babe Ruth Championships under our belt, PCGSL is ready to get all those bright smiling game faces back to Sara Law and on the fields. In 2013 we celebrated the following:
- 8U ENC State and Southeast Regional Champions
- 10U ENC State Champions and Southeast Regional runner-up
- 12U ENC State, Southeast Regional, and World Series Champions
REGISTRATION has ended for 6U/8U/10U/12U. Registration for 13 and up will continue until May 2nd. Just click on the "register online" link in the upper right hand corner of this page to register now.
Here are a few questions you may have:
- When is registration? Registration has ended for 6U/8U/10U/12U. Girls with birthdays in 2000 or earlier may continue to register until May 2nd. Online registration is preferred, however, you may also walk-in, mail, or place registration forms in the drop box at Pitt County Community Schools and Recreation at 4561 County Home Road Greenville NC 27858.
- How much is registration? Registration is $70 + a $5 processing fee if you register online.
- When are player evaluations? These are scheduled for the week of March 10th. Please check the PCGSL calendar to confirm the date/time for your age group.
- When will teams be selected? 6U teams will be selected on March 9th. Team selection for 8U/10U/12U is TBA at this time, due to rescheduling. Shortly after team selection, your coach will contact you.
- When does the season begin/end? Opening Ceremonies are scheduled for March 24th, with the season running through early June. Due to weather delays, this may be moved back a week, however.
- Who is eligible to play? All girls who reside in Babe Ruth District 7 (Pitt County) who are age 4-18 are eligible to participate. Players may be asked to provide proof of residency in Babe Ruth District 7.
- Is my daughter old enough to play? All girls with a birthday in 2009 or earlier are eligible to participate during the Spring of 2014. Girls with a birthday in 2010 will be eligible to play durign the Fall of 2014.
- This is our first year playing, what documents do I need to provide the league? Please provide a copy of the players birth certificate when you turn in the registration form.
Player Evaluations: Player evaluations give each coach the opportunity to see the players in action and evaluate their performance. This is intended to be a fun time for both players and family members who come out to support them. Evaluations will consist of a series of drills where players will be asked to run bases and perform in both an offensive and defensive capacity. With the exception of "protected" players, all players (8U/10U/12U) are expected to attend player evaluations, including travel ball players. Players who do not attend evaluations will be placed on a team via a blind hat draw. Girls who are interested in either pitching or catching (10U and 12U only) should plan to stay after the general evaluations, so that they may be evaluated in a separate process.
Team Selection: Team selection for 6U will take place on March 9th. Girls in the 6U (T-ball) division will be placed on teams via a blind hat draw. Due to rescheduling because of inclement weather, team selection for 8U/10U/12U is TBA at this time. Girls in 8U/10U/12U who attend player evaluations are eligible to be placed on a team via the draft process. Girls in 8U/10U/12U who do not attend player evaluations will be placed on a team via a blind hat draw.
BBQ Goodness at Sara Law: When you register this Spring, you will have the opportunity to pre-pay for BBQ plates that will be available the night of Opening Ceremonies. This is the first fundraiser PCGSL is having this Spring, so we greatly appreciate your support by pre-purchasing your tickets. Only a limited number of plates will be available for purchase the night of the event. The plates are coming from Kings (in Kinston), and will be piled high with Fried Chicken, BBQ, Boiled Potatoes, Green Beans and Hush Puppies.
PCGSL is always busy at work with activities and fundraising events for the league. If you would like to be included in our volunteer database, please send an e-mail to the league at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Opportunities coming up:
March 8/9 - ASA Travel Tournament
March 24th - Prepare BBQ Plates for Opening Ceremonies
April 14th - PCGSL Spring Golf Tournament
Coaches, Asst Coaches and Team Reps needed for Spring Season
PCGSL's Fall Golf Tournament was a HUGE success!!! Mark your calendar now for
PCGSL's Spring Golf Tournment APRIL 24th, 2014GREENVILLE COUNTRY CLUB
Click here for more information on our Golf Tournament!To pay online, go to our Sponsorship page and scroll to the bottom. Use the Miscellaneous Donation button to pay and earmark your donation for the Golf Tournament! *************** Pitt County Girls Softball League has been identified as one of the most successfull Babe Ruth League sanctioned organizations in the country. 2013 was no exception. Our 12u All Stars won the League's 8th Babe Ruth World Series title since the year 2000. CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 8U, 10U, AND 12U ALL STARS ALL 3 TEAMS PLACED FIRST IN STATE TOURNAMENT PLAY Congratulations to our Southeast Regional Teams8u's 1st place, 10u's 2nd place, 12u's 1st place ***************
If you are interested in supporting the League,
(Board of Directors, Coaching, Field Work, Gates or Concessions duty),
please give us a call at (252) 902-9502 or
send us an email at email@example.com
There are plenty of opportunities to become involved at PCGSL - Fence Sign Sponsorships,
Team Sponsorships - AND we can always use volunteers to help out during weekend
tournaments. What better way to get to know the girls, their parents, and others in the
League than to BECOME INVOLVED!
Our Executive Director would be pleased to discuss the many opportunities for you or your
business to become involved.
Call the League office (252) 902-9502 or email the site by clicking on the
mailbox on the left.
Get updates on Field Conditions at PCGSL!
Follow the instructions under "Forms and Documents" tab.
Be informed!!! When there's a shower or storm,
don't be the one to drive up to the park
Find out as soon as games and practices are canceled!!!
Sign up for RAINED OUT... Go to http://www.rainedout.com/
Sign Up for Email Updates from the the League
If you would like to receive updates concerning league events, schedule changes,
happenings etc., you can e-mail us and request to be put on the e-mail list.
***If you are already on the list send us a update on your email so we can make sure
the information we have is correct!To join click the link below!
Join the mailing list
Include your Name and Email address.We'll be happy to sign you up!