- 2014 / 2015 POBSC MOTTO
- REMEMBER TO TELL YOUR CHILD...................
- "I LOVE WATCHING YOU PLAY"
Long Islanders Voted Plainview Old Bethpage Soccer Club in Old Bethpage Best Soccer Club on Long Island!
Plainview Old Bethpage Soccer Club is surely going in the right direction. The club grabbed the top spot after claiming the third-place prize in 2013 and the second place spot in 2012 & 2011. From the start, the club has always put kids first, focusing on the development of every child, no matter their skill-level or talent. The organization led by President Andrew Feldstein and Executive Vice President Joel Sklar who keep POBSC involved in several soccer associations in the New York region: along with their board of directors have set the tone of soccer success throughout the region. The club boasts more than 1,400 children and dozens of parents, community members and coaches who devote their own free time to help these children get out onto the field and reach their full potential. Innovative measures such as a "small-sided intramural program", the use of "sweeper-keepers", involvement in the NDP program plus providing 40+ travel teams from ages U10 and up clearly has set the path for success for now and into the future.
From a POBSC Board of Directors standpoint; we want to thank all the Players, Coaches, Division Heads, Referees, Parents, Top Soccer Volunteers and other volunteers that have made us Number One..................Thank You.
Let's keep it rolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All You Need to Know About POBSC - Please Review
Registration for both intramural & Travel play is completed online only which is contained in the Menu Section to the left under "Online (click here) Registration" .
Please view the website fully as most of the answers that you are looking for, i.e. scheduling, game play, fields, and much more are all located here.
- Registration for the 2014 FALL/2015 SPRING intramurals are now open. All fees are located on the Home Page of SportsSignup which can be accessed to the left side in the menu section marked ONLINE (click here) REGISTRATION.
- Intramural Program - this is for children from Little Nuggets (3 year old) to 3rd Grade. All times, dates and locations are here for all to see in the menu section under INTRAMURAL (click here) INFORMATION.
- Travel Program - this is for children entering 4th Grade to 18 years of age. Including LIJSL, SSI, 135 League and US Club Soccer.
- Within POBSC, we have a very strict Zero Tolerance (click here) Policy for ALL those individuals (players, parents, siblings, and any individuals) who are spectators at all games, practices and gatherings for POBSC purposes. This policy can be seen in the "Menu Section" for all to view. Please review them prior to visiting our fields.
- Cleanliness - please note when visiting our fields, there are plenty of trash cans, please use them as we are only guests on the fields.
- Each location associated with POBSC are equipped with AED (click here) units.
- Remember - all coaches, division heads and board members are volunteers, so please treat them with respect as they are taking time out of their schedules to work to make POBSC the number one soccer organization on Long Island.
- Please respect the play of the children - all spectators are forbidden to view games from behind the goals. When watching a game, please stand /sit a minimum of 3 - 4 yards from the sidelines for the protection of the children playing the game.
- NO Smoking on or near any of the fields including parking lots.
- NO Alcohol on or near any of the fields including parking lots and all areas connecting with playing and spectating areas.
- NO Dogs on or near any of the fields including parking lots, including in carry bags or even held in arms of owner.
- Any adult (Coach, Board Member or Referee) who has any contact with the children MUST have completed and passed Risk Management.
- Please note that TOPSoccer registration is also open and as always, volunteers are welcome. In the past we have had several teams each week working in what we call "the truest sense of soccer" there is, just for the love of the game.
POBSC has a long standing tradition of placing the welfare and growth of a child over the need for intense competition. With that being said, our intramural program is designed for all children who register to play at "grade" level and to grow both as children and soccer players under as stress-free environment as possible. Since 1974, POBSC has helped develop children to gain both a love for the sport as well as a true sense of belonging within a community.
Please review the following information below to have a better understanding of how all children who participate in POBSC are registered and placed in a particular division.
- Little Nugget Program -
- (U5) Pre-K Division -
- (U6) Kindergarten Division -
- (U7) 1st Grade Division -
- (U8) 2nd Grade Division -
- (U9) 3rd Grade Division -
- NDP Program -
Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association has a Risk Management Policy to: communicate guidelines and related materials that are intended to foster safe experiences, and initiate risk management registration and background checks for adults participating in US Youth Soccer activity through its affiliated member organizations. Therefore adults (18 years and older) participating in ENYYSA sanctioned activities must have a background check.
With that being said, any individual (coach, assistant coach, administrator, board member, division head) MUST have an updated and positive Risk Management registration on file with POBSC to have any affiliation with the children in a POBSC capacity.
Thank you for your assistance.
TopSoccer Program - POBSC & LIJSL
Come On Out And Support This Heart-Warming Program.....................................
This program was initiated to accommodate those children and young adults who are not able to participate in a regular or mainstream soccer activities. The program provides an opportunity for children and young adults with special needs to enjoy participating in soccer games and related activities. In addition to weekly games and practices, our teams participate in various indoor & outdoor tournaments and attend an annual awards dinner. LIJSL also hosts a tournament with a BBQ in June of each year.
Our program is very flexible as we try to accommodate everyone's needs. There are no minimum ability and/or attendance requirements, each child and young adult is free to participate as much and as often or as little as they like. Our practices and games take place Saturday mornings at 9 am at the Long Island Soccer Park, 1425 Old Country Road Plainview, NY.
POBSC is very proud to be a part of The TopSoccer Program since it's inception over 32 years ago and will continue to support this wonderful program for many years to come.
For further information regarding this program, including dates and times to help volunteer your time, please go to the TopSoccer Section in our Main Menu.
No matter how cute they are, please NO pets are allowed on the POBSC Travel Fields or parking area. Thank you for all your support in this matter.
|Monday, Feb 2 |
| POBSC Board of Directors Meeting ||8:00pm || Mid Island Y JCC ||Sunday, Mar 1 |
| Parents meeting for Fall 2015 Incoming U10 travel ||4:45pm || Mattlin Middle School ||Monday, Mar 2 |
| POBSC Board of Directors Meeting ||8:00pm || Mid Island Y JCC ||Monday, Mar 23 |
| General Membership Meeting ||8:00pm || POB Public Library ||Monday, Apr 6 |
| POBSC Board of Directors Meeting ||8:00pm || Mid Island Y JCC ||Saturday, Apr 11 |
| TOP Soccer skills and games ||9:00am || Plainview Old Bethpage Soccer Park ||Saturday, Apr 18 |
| TOP Soccer skills and games ||9:00am || Plainview Old Bethpage Soccer Park ||Saturday, Apr 25 |
| TOP Soccer skills and games ||9:00am || Plainview Old Bethpage Soccer Park ||Saturday, May 2 |
| TOP Soccer skills and games ||9:00am || Plainview Old Bethpage Soccer Park ||Monday, May 4 |
| POBSC Board of Directors Meeting ||8:00pm || Mid Island Y JCC |
For a complete calendar listing, click here!