For Those New or Old to POBSC
- All registration for both intramural & travel play is completed "Online" which is contained in the Menu Section to the left.
- Registration for intramuals closes on August 1st 2013 and those registering after that date are not subject to the discounted rate.
- Within POBSC, we have a very strict Zero Tolerance Policy for ALL those individuals (players, parents, siblings, and any individuals) who are spectators at all games, practices and gatherings for POBSC purposes. This policy can be seen in the "Menu Section" for all to view. Please review them prior to visiting our fields.
- Cleanliness - please note when visiting our fields, there are plenty of trash cans, please use them as we are only guests on the fields.
- Each location associated with POBSC are equipped with AED units.
- Remember - all coaches, division heads and board members are volunteers, so please treat them with respect as they are taking time out of their schedules to work to make POBSC the number one soccer organization on Long Island.
- Please take the time to review this website, 99.9% of all questions that you might have can be found with in it.
- Intramural Program - this is for children from Pre-K to 3rd Grade.
- Travel Program - this is for children entering 4th Grade to 18 years of age.
- Please respect the play of the children - all spectators are forbidden to view games from behind the goals. When watching a game, please stand /sit a minimum of 3 - 4 yards from the sidelines for the protection of the children playing the game.
- NO Smoking on or near any of the fields including parking lots.
- NO Alcohol on or near any of the fields including parking lots and all areas connecting with playing and spectating areas.
- NO Dogs on or near any of the fields including parking lots, including in carry bags or even held in arms of owner.
- Any adult (Coach, Board Member or Referee) who has any contact with the children MUST have have completed and passed Risk Management.
- Fall 2013 / Spring 2014 Intramural Schedule is online under "Intramural Information". The Spring 2014 is subject to change.
- Please note that TOPSoccer registration is also open and as always, volunteers are welcome. In the past we have had several teams each week working in what we call "the truest sense of soccer" there is, just for the love of the game.
WHO DOES NOT LIKE A GOOD VIDEO..............................
We have started a NEW "Video Link" page on our website. While we would eventually love to show our kids and club events on this page, our first attempt will be focused on US as parents. If you have ever turned on the tv and watched a show called "when good animals have gone bad"; the theme of these videos is something we would like to call, "when good parents have gone bad".
Hopefully we can all learn from these and videos and only have to watch the last few.
Soccer may not be as popular in America as it is in the rest of the world, but it is alive and well on Long Island. Want proof? The most hotly contested categories on the program year after year in the annual "Best of Long Island" issue for the Long Island Press is none other than which town has the best soccer club.
Each year from October 1st through December 15th voting is open for Best of Long Island. During this 75 day window, everyone can vote for whatever local store, restaurant, business or person they feel should hold the top spot in that category.
We are very proud to announce that the Plainview Old Bethpage Soccer Club has finished for the third year in a row in the top three of soccer organizations on Long Island. For 2013 POBSC finished #3 soccer club on Long Island.
The decision to focus on the development of ALL children, no matter what their skill level, shows that the direction of POBSC is right on. The success of our Club is based on providing support for all our teams, who compete at various levels of soccer throughout Long Island and with the Northeast region. Our Club’s focus is on being inclusive, increasing participation at all levels and ensuring that players develop a passion and love for the game so that they walk off the field with similes on their face.
This cannot have been accomplished without all of the children who participate (over 1,400 strong), the parents who help support the club, the coaches who volunteer their time, our sponsors, support from the POB school district and the board members who work 12 months out of the year to keep it all running as smoothly and successfully as it does.
Again this is something that WE all should be very proud of and not take for granted. This just proves that not only is soccer alive and well on Long Island, BUT alive and doing VERY well here in Plainview Old Bethpage.
Congratulations to us all
TopSoccer Program - POBSC & LIJSL
Come On Out And Support This Heart-Warming Program.....................................
This program was initiated to accommodate those children and young adults who are not able to participate in a regular or mainstream soccer activities. The program provides an opportunity for children and young adults with special needs to enjoy participating in soccer games and related activities. In addition to weekly games and practices, our teams participate in various indoor & outdoor tournaments and attend an annual awards dinner. LIJSL also hosts a tournament with a BBQ in June of each year.
Our program is very flexible as we try to accommodate everyone's needs. There are no minimum ability and/or attendance requirements, each child and young adult is free to participate as much and as often or as little as they like. Our practices and games take place Saturday mornings at 9 am at the Long Island Soccer Park, 1425 Old Country Road Plainview, NY.
POBSC is very proud to be a part of The TopSoccer Program since it's inception over 32 years ago and will continue to support this wonderful program for many years to come.
For further information regarding this program, including dates and times to help volunteer your time, please go to the TopSoccer Section in our Main Menu.
No matter how cute they are, please NO pets are allowed on the POBSC Travel Fields or parking area. Thank you for all your support in this matter.
On Sunday October 21st the POBJFK Boys Varsity Soccer Team ran a clinic for the boys & girls of POBSC. It was a
huge success as the kids had a fantastic time. We want to thank the Hawks and their coaches for their hard work
and taking the time to spend with our children. We also want to wish them best of as they enter the 2012 High
We have placed pictures from the clinic on the website in the Photo Album section in the main menu. As per Coach
Ho, "we would love to do this each and every year, as all the players, coaches and Hawks had a geat time".
During the morning clinic, the children worked on striking the ball, positioning, passing, defense and more. Assistant
Hawks Coach "Cal" took his goalies and our POBSC "keepers" aside and ran through several drills to sharpen their
skills as well.
|Monday, Jan 6 |
| POBSC Board Meeting ||8:00pm || Bethpage Ice Skating Center ||Monday, Feb 3 |
| POBSC Board Meeting ||8:00pm || Bethpage Ice Skating Center ||Sunday, Mar 2 |
| Parents meeting for Fall 2013 Incoming U10 travel || || Mattlin Middle School ||Monday, Mar 3 |
| POBSC Board Meeting ||8:00pm || ||Saturday, Mar 29 |
| Week 1 Spring Intramural Season 3/29 & 3/30 || || All Fields - Intramural & Travel ||Sunday, Mar 30 |
| Week 1 Spring Intramural Season 3/29 & 3/30 || || All Fields - Intramural & Travel ||Saturday, Apr 5 |
| Week 2 Spring Intramural Season 4/5 & 4/6 || || All Fields - Intramural & Travel ||Sunday, Apr 6 |
| Week 2 Spring Intramural Season 4/5 & 4/6 || || All Fields - Intramural & Travel ||Monday, Apr 7 |
| POBSC Board Meeting ||8:00pm || Bethpage Ice Skating Center ||Saturday, Apr 12 |
| Week 3 Spring Intramural Season 4/12 & 4/13 || || All Fields - Intramural & Travel |
For a complete calendar listing, click here!
Plainview Old Bethpage Soccer Club