Welcome to the Putnam Athletic League Site
Welcome to the Putnam Athletic League, Inc. Web site and thank you for taking the time to visit us. We are a non-profit organization that supports the youth of our communities. We have ten associations, which are all dedicated to administering Pop Warner Football and Cheerleading programs for boys and girls.
As always, our goal is to provide a drug-free environment for our youth while instilling teamwork, sportsmanship and most of all acceptable academic achievement.
2014 - Conference Associations
Gainesville Pop Warner Association, Lake City Pop Warner Association, Palatka Pop Warner Association, Santa Fe Pop Warner Association, South Putnam Athletic Association, Union County Pop Warner Association, Bradford County Cowboys and welcome back West Putnam Pop Warner.
The mission of Putnam Athletic League Pop Warner program is the same as that of Pop Warner Little Scholars, Inc. To enable young people to benefit from participation in team sports and activities in a safe and structured environment. Through this active participation, Pop Warner programs teach fundamental values, skills and knowledge that young people will use throughout their lives.
Pop Warner seeks to provide fun athletic learning opportunities for children, while emphasizing the importance of academic success. Specifically, Pop Warner seeks to familiarize players and spirit participants with the fundamentals of football, cheerleading and dance. Pop Warner strives to inspire youth, regardless of race, creed or national origin, to practice the ideals of sportsmanship, scholarship and physical fitness as reflected in the life of the late Glenn Scobie “Pop” Warner.
Upcoming Events and Deadlines
Welcome to the 2015 Football & Spirit Season. Here is a quick checklist and dates that need to be saved, as we prepare for the first game.
- TEAM FEES ARE DUE NOW!
- August 1, 2015 - First official day of practice. Please remember that a child may not participate without the proper paper work on file. Also a coach may not participate if there isn't proof of the proper training and an approved background check.
- August 8, 2015 - The final 2015 training event at the Rosen Shingle Creek, Orlando, FL To register, please visit the SER's Website. Remember that Re-certifications, Team Parent Training, and Tiny Mite Training may be done on the SER's Website. A list of training requirements per position can be found under the training tab in the left hand navigation of this site.
- August 10, 2015 - Scholastic Reports should be complete. Please email Tonya Gibbs when these are completed in your books. We would like to start the process of checking scholastic eligibility as early as possible.
- August 12, 2015 - Rosters are DUE with the exception of Jersey Numbers, and Football Official Weights. Board of Directors and Coaches must also be entered in the system. Rosters should be 90% completed by this date!
- August 15, 2015 - Participant Weigh-ins and Picture Day for ALL participants. This is a required event for all participants. If a participant is unable to make this date, then an absentee form must be completed, and he/she may not be allowed to participate in the Jamboree. ALL TEAMS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND.
- August 20, 2015 - ALL ROSTERS must be audited and ready for certification. When you think your rosters are ready for approval, please contact Tonya Gibbs for an Audit.
- August 21, 2015 - Conduct an audit of your team books, and complete a Book Check Error Form for each book. Click here to download the Book Check Error Form. This form should be in each book at Book Check.
- August 22, 2015 -- Book check for all associations. Photos should be added to the books, scholastic reports finished and books in the new book order. Please see instructions for this year's book order and compliance guidelines here.
- August 26. 2015 - ALL ROSTERS must be certified in the roster software.
- August 29. 2015 - Jamboree Schedule - ALL ROSTERS must be certified prior to Jamboree.
- September 1 - October 15, 2015 - Any participant who has a Scholastic Eligibility form or Home School Eligibility form on file must have a progress report between this date. Please make arrangements with our scholastic's coordinators to have these forms stamped.
- September 5, 2015 - Official first game of the 2015 Season.
- September 16, 2015 - Cheer Conference Call
- October 14, 2015 - Cheer Conference Call
- November 12, 2015 - Cheer Meeting
Thank you in advance for all you do to make Putnam Athletic League the best!
Click Here For:
2014 Southeast Region Female Coach of the Year - Beverly Perry
Putnam is pleased to announce that earlier this year, our very own LCDC and Gainesville Gator Coach Beverly Perry was named the Southeast Region's 2014 Female Coach of the Year. Mrs. Beverly has been an amazing asset to the Putnam Program for the past 26+ years, from Coach to Cheer Coordinator - she exemplifies leadership qualities of hard work, honesty, integrity, compassion, and selflessness. Mrs. Beverly can be seen on the sidelines cheering on every Putnam Squad, she offers a helping hand to all coaches across the organization, and spends hours behind the scenes making Putnam shine across the region.
In the 2014 season, Mrs. Beverly's Midget team was ranked #1 at the National Level. However, this award is not about "winning" instead it is about being a Mentor. "Beverly may be one of the most genuine, thoughtful, and considerate women I have the pleasure of knowing. Every one of these amazing personality traits carry over to not only how she coaches, but to how she guides the young women she works with."
Please join us in congratulating Mrs. Beverly Perry for being recognized for this high honor. We are very proud of you here at Putnam.
To read what the nominees had to say about her Coaching style, please visit the SER site here.
2014 National Cheer Champions
Midget Division - Level I