Last Updated: March 25, 2017
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
Signup for Alerts
Get important messages from Seaford Little League by Text & Email
Phone: (516) 986-8755
PO Box 1714
Seaford, NY, 11783
Facebook: Seaford Little League
Twitter: SeafordLittleLeague @SeafordLL
The Seaford Little League is a non profit organization and has been a charter member in Little League International since 1952
Seaford Little League Text Alert System
For the 2015 season we are again using a text alert system to provide late breaking CRITICAL information to our participants for rainouts and other game delays/cancellations. Anyone with a cell phone can sign up for this FREE service (be aware that your carrier may charge you for the text messages).
If you signed up for the text alert in the past you do NOT need to sign back up again, the text alert system carries over year to year.
To help you with the signup process we have created an illustrated guide which can be downloaded here http://www.leaguelineup.com/seafordll/files/sll_textalerts.pdf
Once you are ready to join our text alert system click this link http://www.leaguelineup.com/myll_home_alerts_landing.asp?addurl=seafordll&addid=62057
Note: The information provided will be used by Seaford Little League ONLY and will not be used for marketing or solicitation purposes.
2017 Seaford Little League Spring 2017 Registration Information
Seaford Little League Spring 2017 Registrations are closed, but we do have some openings for additional players in selected divisions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Major League Baseball Pitch, Hit, and Run competition on Sunday April 30, 2017
On Sunday April 30, 2017 the Seaford Little League will host the Major League Baseball Pitch, Hit, and Run, competition. This event will take place at Seamans Neck Park Field # 3. Times for each age group to be announced at a later time. Seaford Little League baseball and softball players are invited to participate.
Major League Baseball® PITCH HIT & RUN™ is intended for youngsters across the country an opportunity to participate in an exciting baseball/softball skills competition. This national initiative gives boys and girls, ages 7- 14, the chance to showcase their pitching, hitting, and running abilities. There are two separate divisions, baseball and softball. The baseball and softball age groups are 7/8 year olds, 9/10 year olds, 11/12 year olds, and 13/14 years old. Age for this competition is determined as of July 17, 2017.
There is NO registration fee, everyone has the opportunity to participate. Scotts Major League Baseball® PITCH HIT & RUN™ tests three of the most fundamental aspects of baseball/softball - pitching, hitting, and running.
PITCH: Participant is tested throwing strikes to a designated "Strike Zone" target. Any method of throwing is permitted.
HIT: Participant hits a ball off a batting tee for distance and accuracy.
RUN: Participant is timed, starting from second base, touching third then touching home plate.
All of the events are individually scored and converted to a total point score through the use of conversion tables. Participants will compete in each of the three components of Scotts Major League Baseball® PITCH HIT & RUN™ and accumulate a total score based on his/her performance.
The following participants in each division age group are awarded and advance to the Sectional Competition:
Click here for more information
Modells Sporting Goods 15% off Coupon
Modells Sporting Goods, a long time sponsor of Seaford Little League has once again provided us with a valuable Team Week Coupon good for 15% of your total purchase between 3/10/2017 and 4/21/2017 and this year they are offering a special 20% discount between 3/17/17 and 3/19/17. If you need new baseball or softball equipment for your child this coupon is a great way to save you some money.
Coupon link: http://my.llfiles.com/00062057/sll_modells2017_1.pdf
Dicks Sporting Goods Coupon
Dicks Sporting Goods a Seaford Little League Sponsor has provided us with a coupon (see below) good for 20% off your purchases on Sat 3/18/17 and Sun 3/19/17 at the Roosevelt Field Dicks store located at 630 Old Country Rd, Garden City NY.
Dicks will also be hosting a family event at the store on Saturday 3/18/17 with raffles and prizes throughout the day. There will also be an autograph signing with former Yankee catcher Rick Cerone from 1-3 pm and Sat 3/18/17.
Dicks carries a wide range of athletic gear including gloves, bats and cleats for both children and adults. This is an opportunity to support a Seaford Little League sponsor while saving some money at the same time.
Coupon link: http://my.llfiles.com/00062057/Dicks_coupon2017.pdf
BASEBALL PITCHING RULES / DAYS REST
Call Up Player Rules
Call up player policy of the Seaford Little League
If you are short a player for a game you need to call up a player from the lower division.
The purposes of calling players up are to AVOID forfeits. Calling players up for a strategic advantage is strictly prohibited! Directors should be emailed when a call up player is used. Coaches should attempt to call up different players each time they need a replacement player. DO NOT call the same player up every time. The Seaford Little League would like to see as many players as possible getting the opportunity to play up. Finally, call up players should be alternated into different positions every inning. We do not want to see a call up player as an example playing the shortstop position for 6 innings.
Any violations of these rules can lead to a forfeit and/or a manager/coach suspension
Approved Little League Bat List for the 2017 season
Click the links to see the current approved Little League bat list for the 2017 season.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Seaford Little League Code Of Conduct Policy.
SEAFORD LITTLE LEAGUE CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY:
The Seaford Little League will have “zero tolerance” when it comes to the conduct of managers, coaches, players, umpires, parents, and spectators. This policy is to insure that all persons (parents, siblings, players, manager’s, coaches, and umpires) can attend a Seaford Little League function and enjoy themselves without being subjected to individuals that can ruin the enjoyment for all. Coaches must maintain a positive behavior before, during, and after any Seaford Little League function.
In no way are any of the following standards meant to deter coaches from successfully directing their game,nor are any of the rules prohibiting spectators from positively supporting their team.
1. The Board of Directors shall have the authority to suspend, discharge, or discipline any player, manager, coach, umpire, league officer, parent, or other person whose conduct is in violation of Little League International and the Seaford Little League Rules and Regulations. Any unsportsmanlike conduct from any individual can lead to a one game suspension or additional suspended games based on a review of this conduct by the Seaford Little League Board. Unsportsmanlike conduct is considered detrimental to the best interest of our league
2. Profanity and negative comments directed at managers, coaches, players, umpires, other spectators and league officials will result in the immediate removal of the offender. If a spectator(s) are involved, they will be asked to leave the park immediately by any member of the Seaford Little League Board of Directors which is in attendance. If an individual refuses to leave, the game will be stopped and the local law enforcement will be called. The league has the responsibility to manage the facilities in a safe and professional manner and has the authority to remove individuals from the park that create behavior problems that interfere with the safe operation of the facility.
3. Team personnel (managers, coaches and players) that are ejected from a game must leave the playing field immediately and exit the area. Suspended persons will receive an automatic one (1) game suspension. The Seaford Little League Board can add additional suspension of games based on the review of this conduct.
4. Any physical altercations involving spectators, managers, coaches, players, parents, umpires and leagues officials will result in the offender being immediately removed from the area and possible criminal charges filed. Offenders will NOT BE PERMITTED to return to any Seaford Little League game or function for the remainder of the season (including post-season and tournament play) until The Seaford Little League Board reviews the incident.
5. Parents are requested not to communicate excessively with the players during the game. This interferes with the manager and coaches ability to direct the team.
6. The use of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products are strictly prohibited at the playing field. All rules and regulations which are posted by the Parks Department must be followed.
7. Parents are NOT allowed in the dugout or bench area during the game. Only players and coaches are allowed in the dugout and bench area
Text Alert System:
Seaford Little League text alert system provides late breaking CRITICAL information to our participants for rainouts and other game delays/cancellations. We strongly recommend that all parents sign up for this service as it is the best way to get rainout/game cancellations. Anyone with a cell phone can sign up for this FREE service (be aware that your carrier may charge you for the text messages).
To help you with the signup process we have created an illustrated guide which can be downloaded here http://www.leaguelineup.com/seafordll/files/sll_textalerts.pdf.
Once you are ready to join our text alert system click this link http://www.leaguelineup.com/myll_home_alerts_landing.asp?addurl=seafordll&addid=62057.
Please note that the information provided will be used by Seaford Little League ONLY and will not be used for marketing or solicitation purposes.
In order to make it easier for you to follow your child's Little League team we have created a Parent Page for each team in Seaford Little League. Your child's coach should have emailed you a link to the page but if they have not, you can look it up here http://www.seafordlittleleague.org/parentpage_lookup.asp You will need to input your child's last name and date of birth in order to obtain the page. Parent Pages have contact information for the team as well as a schedule, standings and imortant news events. With this upgrade, we are also introducing the ability to download the schedule to your smartphone by using the iCal Download button.
We would like to thank all of our sponsors. Please visit and patronize our sponsors.
Little League Pledges
Little League Players Pledge
I trust in God
Little League Parent/Volunteer Pledge
I will teach all children to play fair and do their best
Seaford Little League History
The Seaford Little League is looking for any articles, items, photos, etc from the year of when the Seaford Little League was established in 1952 up until the year of 2010. The history of the Seaford Little League is important and we would like to display these items in the Seaford Little League Office at Seamans Neck Park for our youth to see. If you have any Seaford Little League history that you can share with us please email the Seaford Little League- email@example.com We can scan a copy of your article or photo if you want so you can still keep your original. We would greatly appreciate anything that you could share with us.
Click on the Seaford Little League History link in the main menu area which is in the upper left hand on this website to see articles and photos from years past.
Seaford Little League will issue full refunds between Sept 15 and Jan 31 for Spring signups and then 1/2 amount paid between Feb 1 and Opening Day. After Opening Day no refunds will be given.