Tournaments for 2014 - select link below to view
May 18, 2014
SEPA 2014 SPRING Registration OPEN
SEPA10 is now accepting registrations for 2014 SPRING Baseball Teams. If you are already registered with SEPA10, simply send an email to email@example.com and ask to be moved into the 2014 SPRING season. If you have any changes regarding field time, etc. please include that in the note.
3 Divisions for 2014 SPRING: 9/10, 11/12 and 13/14. Your team name will identify your age.
Please note: Adding teams to the website is a manual process. Thanks in advance for your patience.
Welcome to the SEPA10 Travel Baseball League
SEPA returns in 2014 for our 5th year of the SouthEast PA Travel Baseball League (SEPA10). Please see below for details on this league.
e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-733-4089 for more information or to enter a team.
Please see the "Friends of SEPA10" link on the left for discounts and other great opportunities brought to you by local businesses. If you would like your information posted under "friends", just send a note with details. Discounts are always welcome and encouraged.
The SEPA10 2014 Spring League is forming NOW. If you are interested, please complete the online registration form.
What is the SEPA10 Baseball League?
The SEPA10 is an informal league formed in 2010 for the purpose of providing additional competitive baseball opportunities for tournament teams looking to hone their skills prior to their tournament and district/state seasons.
SEPA10 is not affiliated with Cal Ripken, Little League, American Legion, Babe Ruth, Club or AAU, and it is open to teams from all origins. It is a grouping of teams from SouthEast PA (NJ and DE, too) who are interested in more playing baseball and more competitive baseball. SEPA10 simply facilitates the pairing of teams looking for a good game.
There are no dues or fees to join SEPA10. It is the responsiblity of the home (hosting) team to provide a quality field for play and to arrange for an umpire. The umpire is paid at the game with the cost SHARED between the two teams.
SEPA10 rosters are open. Ages are defined as in Little League/Cal Ripken and Babe Ruth / Legion.
In 2014, SEPA10 will have 10u, 12u and 14u divisions - the age will be shown in the team name.
Please use the ONLINE FORMS link on the left sidebar to submit a registration request for your team.
More Information About the SEPA10
Teams may join SEPA10 at any time during the season.
The SEPA10 Spring-Summer league will run from early-April to mid-June. SEPA10 will generally complete prior to the start of the summer tournament season (roughly mid-June), however, with the contacts made here, teams are welcome to continue scrimmaging each other throughout the summer. Some organizations do not select their tournament teams until May. Those teams are welcome to join the SEPA10 as soon as they are ready to play - there is not a issue with joining play mid-season or even later. SEPA10 will also have a Fall League for those organizations who are interested.
For ages 9-12, Cal Ripken Majors rules will apply with a few modifications:
- Live ball, kid pitch baseball
- 10u plays 46/60 and 12u plays either 46/60 or 50/70 depending on the hosting team's field. If you only want 46/60, please be sure to specify that request in your registration.
- Stealing of any base, including home, is permitted (no leads on 46/60)
- For 10u and 12u, Little League approved bats 2-1/4" diameter, 1.15 BPF. Composite bats are okay. No big barrel bats.
For ages 13-14:
- 14u plays 60/90
- For 14u, I would suggest you coordinate with your opponent in advance. Generally, bats should be BBCOR. Wood or metal is your call. American Legion is generally wood while Babe Ruth is BBCOR composite/metal.
- Free substitution although a pitcher once removed cannot return to mound
- Bat the entire line-up although there is no "must play" requirement.
- OR, play straight 9 or 9 + an EH and use tournament sub and re-entry.
- We suggest 6 innings games for 10u and 12u and 7 inning games for 14u. Feel free to try to squeeze in a double header if daylight permits or even a 9 inning game.
- Pitchers may pitch up to 3 innings (10um 12u) and 4 innings (14u). Be careful with where else your pitchers are pitching!
- Host team is HOME. Host team arranges for umpire and teams split cost.
League guidelines can be found below (they are geared more towards the 9-12 crowd) and under HANDOUTS.
I Want To Join In - What Do I Need To Do?
Use the ONLINE FORMS link on the left sidebar or the link in the upper right corner of the home page to submit a registration.
Work with your home league to ensure you can get a field for home games. If you do not have a home field, you can play all of your games "away" - not a problem - please note that on your registration.
For 10u and 12u, it is recommended that everyone in the SEPA10 have their home field reserved for Sunday nights around 4-5pm. This way we can guarantee that teams will be available for at least one game a week and this seems to be a time when we would be least likely to conflict with "in-house" games.
You should also try to coordinate another timeslot for a week day if it is at is possible. Teams who can reserve 2 timeslots within a week are likely to be able to play more games than teams who can only support one time during the week. Field time is precious and rare - get what you can get. If you are willing to play a lot of games on the road, that will help you get more games.
If you are traveling a significant distance, feel free to arrange with the other team to play a double-header.
Teams are required to maintain their own insurance or be insured under their league's umbrella.
Need help getting started or still a little confused, please see the "How Does This Work?" link under the menu bar on the left of the page.
SE PA 10u-12u-14u Travel Baseball League - est. 2010