- SJBCA Celebrates 39Years----
- Visit SJ Hall of Fame at HotStovers.org
Tom Haas President
Roy Hallenbeck Vice President
Sam Tropiano Secretary
Treasurer Joe Hartmann
Ex-Officio Rich Horan
VP for Activities:Bill Haessler,Bob Burrough,Chuck Roney, and Jim Varsaci, Bill Alvaro Sr.
Bill Alvaro Jr. Olympic American
Bill Bickel Colonial Liberty
Bill Donahue Burlington Liberty
Kevin Merrill Burlington Patriot
Frank Marciano Olympic Patriot
Gary Herron Burlington Freedom
Chris Baker Tri-County Classic
D J Gore Tri-County Royal
Craig Markley Cape-Atlantic American
Chuck Dougherty Cape-Atlantic National
Rich Horan Colonial Patriot
Frank Torcasio Olympic National
Bill Alvaro Sr. Tri-County Diamond
December 7, 2012 – 07:30 PM
SJBCA 40th Anniversary
Membership, AD Booklet form, Diamond Classic Form and Officers, League rep
Congratulations to the 2012 Diamond Classic Champs Bishop Eustace
2012 Coach of the year-Gloucester Catholic Dennis Barth
Champions For 2012
Audubon, Glolucester Cath
GLOUCESTER CATHOLIC WINS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
South Jersey Baseball Coaches Association’s 38th Anniversary 1974-2013
1. Membership Meeting - Please join the SJBCA!
¨ December 5, 2012: Wednesday-General Membership Meeting at Eastern Intermediate H. S. Library at 7:30 P.M.IMPORTANT MEETING PLEASE ATTEND
¨ Membership Cost is $30.00
2. Hot Stovers Baseball Banquet
¨ November 24, 2012: Saturday afternoon at Masso’s Colunbus Manor, Williamstown at 2:00 P. M.
¨ We encourage our baseball community to join the Hot Stovers in the celebration of South Jersey Baseball.
¨ Cost $40 pp. Call Bill Wagner for dinner reservation at 856-767-7170, Dave Townsend 856-424-8545.
¨ Reservations must be made by November 19th . No tickets will be sold at the door.
3. NJSCA/NJSIAA Baseball Clinic Dec 13, 2012
at Jack Crust Baseball
¨ NJSCA Members Cost is $50. Non-Member’s Cost is $70. ($80 includes clinic & membership)
4. NJSIAA Baseball Rules Interpretation
¨ No fee.
5. Captain's Night Dinner - PLEASE KEEP THIS DATE OPEN (no scrimmages).
¨ March 14, 2013 - Thursday - 7:30 P.M. at Masso’s Crystal Manor, Glassboro, NJ.
¨ Cost is $30 per person. Reservations must be made with League Representatives before March 8th. Reps to email Sam Tropano
6. Important Season Dates:
· Friday, March 1st : Tryouts Begin;
· Monday April 1st : Season Opener;
· May 10th: NJSIAA Cutoff date
· June 8th: State Championship Finals-T.R. School District
7. 40th Diamond Classic Tournament
¨ Dates: May 11th, 18th, 19th - Cut-off is May 8th. Rain Dates are May 12th, and 20th .
The Classic pre-tour dinner Friday May 10th 11:30am to 1:00 pm $20/person
¨ Sites: Maple Shade, Wash.Twp., Deptford HS, Overbrook & Riversharks Campbell’s Field
8. All South Jersey Pictures
· Pictures -Wednesday, May 29th - Eastern H.S. at 9:30 AM (rain or shine).
9. All South Jersey Dinner
¨ Dinner - Thursday, June 6th - 7:30 P.M. at Masso’s Crystal Manor, Glassboro, NJ.
¨ Cost is $30 per person. Please Contact League Reps for Dinner Tickets by June 1st .
TBA Camden County All Star Game-6PM @ Eastern HS
10. Carpenter Cup
· June 2013 at Citizen Bank Park. Please advise school officials for consideration of early dismissals for the games. June 6 to 15th
11. NJBCA All Star Game
at Jack Cust Academy Diamond Nation
¨ June 13th players report at 4:30pm
12. Major League Tryout - (Juniors-Only Invitational
¨ Thursday, June 25, 2013; Washington Twp. H.S. - 8:00 A.M.
13. Acquisition of Ads for the All-South Jersey and Diamond Classic Programs . Due on May 3rd.
14. Nominations for the Selection of College Players of the Year for Divisions I, II, III, and Junior College are to be forwarded to Jim Varsaci (Maple Shade) at (856) 779-1411 ext. 216 / 218. Deadline for nomination is May 13th.
¨ Make all checks payable to: “S. J. B. C. A.”
¨ If you should have any questions, please contact Joe Hartmann at (856) 783-7004. or Sam Tropiano 856-627-5753 email@example.com
¨ Fax any information to 856-627-5753
¨ Mail to.. Joseph B. Hartmann,
42 Winding Way
Gibbsboro, NJ 08026
||South Jersey Baseball Coaches Association