- SJBCA Celebrates 43 years
- Visit SJ Hall of Fame at southjerseyhotstovers.com
SJBCA 43rd Anniversary
Membership, AD Booklet form, Diamond Classic Form and Officers, League rep
Congratulations to the 2015 Diamond Classic Champs Bishop Eustace Prep
NJ State Champions For 2015 Holy Spirit HS
Brooklawn Post 72 American Legion State & Mid-Atlantic Champs
South Jersey Baseball Coaches Association’s 43rd Anniversary 1974-2016
1. Membership Meeting - Please join the SJBCA!
¨ December 2, 2015: Wednesday-General Membership Meeting at Eastern Intermediate H. S. Library at 7:30 P.M.IMPORTANT MEETING PLEASE ATTEND
¨ Membership Cost is $40.00
2. Hot Stovers Baseball Banquet
¨ November 28, 2015: Saturday afternoon at Masso’s Glassboro NJ at 2:00 P. M.
¨ We encourage our baseball community to join the Hot Stovers in the celebration of South Jersey Baseball.
¨ Cost $40 pp. Call Tom Haas for dinner reservation at 856-728-0199¨ Reservations must be made by November 19th . No tickets will be sold at the door.
3. NJSCA/NJSIAA Baseball Clinic Dec 15, 2015
at Jack Crust Baseball
¨ NJSCA Members Cost is $60. Non-Member’s Cost is $80. ($90 includes clinic & membership)
4. NJSIAA Baseball Rules Interpretation
¨ No fee.
5. Captain's Night Dinner - PLEASE KEEP THIS DATE OPEN (no scrimmages).
¨ March 16, 2016 - Thursday - 7:30 P.M. at Masso’s Crystal Manor, Glassboro, NJ.
¨ Cost is $35 per person. Reservations must be made with League Representatives before March 11th. Reps to email Sam Tropiano
6. Important Season Dates:
· Friday, March 4th : Tryouts Begin;
· Monday April 1st : Season Opener;
· May 13th: NJSIAA Cutoff date
· June 7th: State Championship Finals-T.R. School District
7. 43rd Diamond Classic Tournament
¨ Dates: May 14th, 21st, 22nd - Cut-off is May 4th. Rain Dates are May 7th, and 23rd.
The Classic pre-tour dinner Friday May 13th 11:30am to 1:00 pm $25/person
¨ Sites: Maple Shade, Wash.Twp., Deptford HS, Hammonton, & Eastern High School (Championship)
Diamond Classic Lucheon Friday May 13th 11:30am Masso's Glassboro Cost $25. Reservations by May 9th, 2016
8. All South Jersey Pictures
· Pictures -Wednesday, June 1st - Eastern H.S. at 9:30 AM (rain or shine).
9. All South Jersey Dinner
¨ Dinner - Thursday, June 9th - 7:30 P.M. at Masso’s Crystal Manor, Glassboro, NJ.
¨ Cost is $35 per person. Please Contact League Reps for Dinner Tickets by June 6th
10. Carpenter Cup
· June 2016 at Ashburn Field & Citizen Bank Park. Please advise school officials for consideration of early dismissals for the games.
11. NJBCA All Star Game
at Jack Cust Academy Diamond Nation
¨ June 16th players report at 4:30pm
12. Major League Tryout - (Juniors-Only Invitational
¨ Thursday, June 21, 2016; Washington Twp. H.S. - 8:00 A.M.
13. Acquisition of Ads for the All-South Jersey and Diamond Classic Programs . Due on May 1st.
14. Nominations for the Selection of College Players of the Year for Divisions I, II, III, and Junior College are to be forwarded to
Bill Alvaro Sr. at firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline May 16th
¨ Make all checks payable to: “S. J. B. C. A.”
¨ If you should have any questions, please contact Joe Hartmann at (856) 783-7004. or Sam Tropiano 856-627-5753 email@example.com
¨ Fax any information to 856-627-5753
¨ Mail to.. Joseph B. Hartmann,
42 Winding Way
Gibbsboro, NJ 08026
Tom Haas President
TBA Vice President
Sam Tropiano Secretary
Treasurer Joe Hartmann
Ex-Officio Rich Horan
VP for Activities:Bill Haessle, Chuck Roney, and Jim Varsaci, Bill Alvaro Sr.
Bill Alvaro Jr. Olympic American
Bill Bickel Colonial Liberty
Bill Donahue Burlington Liberty
Kevin Merrill Burlington Patriot
Gary Herron Burlington Freedom
Gene Reid Tri-County Classic
D J Gore Tri-County Royal
Mike Bylone Cape-Atlantic American
Chuck Dougherty Cape-Atlantic National
Doug Richardson Colonial Patriot
Frank Torcasio Olympic National
Mike Rucci Tri-County Diamond